Thu, Apr. 9, 7:30 AM
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) reports comparable-store sales rose 2.5% in FQ2.
- Pharmacy sales were up 10.1% on a 4.8% gain in prescription count for the quarter.
- Gross profit margin -292 bps to 25.90%.
- SG&A expenses +22.70% to $5.606B.
- Adjusted operating margin rate declined 26 bps to 6.92%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Adjusted EPS: $3.45 to $3.65; Ineterest expense: $140M to $150M; Tax rate: ~29%.
- FY2016 Guidance: Adjusted EPS: $4.25 to $4.60.
- WBA +1.15% premarket.
Tue, Jan. 6, 8:38 AM| Comment!
Dec. 23, 2014, 7:38 AM
- Walgreen (NYSE:WAG) reports comparable-store sales rose 1.5% in FQ1.
- Traffic at stores was down 2.7% on a comp basis, while the average basket size improved 4.2%.
- Pharmacy sales were up 9% on a 4.3% gain in prescription count for the quarter.
- Gross profit margin -100 bps to 27.1%.
- SG&A expenses +1.8% to $4.456B.
- WAG +2.3% premarket.
Dec. 23, 2014, 7:34 AM
Sep. 30, 2014, 7:54 AM
Sep. 22, 2014, 8:37 AM
Sep. 18, 2014, 9:30 AM| 1 Comment
Sep. 5, 2014, 10:11 AM
Aug. 11, 2014, 2:32 PM
- Drugstore stocks are on the move as investors continue to shift assets into consumer staples stocks.
- Walgreen (WAG +2%), CVS Caremark (CVS +0.8%), and Rite Aid (RAD +1.8%) are all higher on the day.
- The trio is also helping lift the Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) to a 1% gain to stay ahead of broad market averages.
Aug. 6, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 6, 2014, 9:19 AM
- Retail analyst Rahul Sharma thinks the market is overreacting to Walgreen (NYSE:WAG) pulling the tax inversion move out of its playbook.
- If there's a concern with the integration of Alliance Boots, Sharma thinks the slower revenue growth of the the European firm should be watched.
- The sudden dip in Walgreen has put shares back in line or below valuation on peers.
- WAG -15.8% premarket
- WAG tax inversion timeline
Aug. 6, 2014, 9:14 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 7:03 AM
- Walgreen (NYSE:WAG) confirms it will buy the remaining 55% of Alliance Boots it doesn't own.
- The company rattled investors yesterday with a late announcement that it will remain domiciled in the U.S.
- The corporate headquarters of Walgreen Boots Alliance will be in the Chicago area, while Boots will be run from an operations center in the U.K.
- Walgreen says it will accelerate cost-reduction initiatives and sets a new EPS goal for FY16 of $4.25-$4.60.
- WAG -5.9% premarket
Aug. 5, 2014, 3:06 PM| 40 Comments
Jun. 25, 2014, 8:14 AM
- Following disappointing quarterly results reported yesterday, Walgreen (WAG) rates an upgrade to Buy from Jefferies, citing possible management actions like a tax inversion, recapitalization, and more cost cuts. The team boosts its price target to $87 from $69.
- Goldman maintains its Conviction Buy, but lowers the price target by $3 to $84.
- Shares +0.6% premarket
- Previously: Walgreen misses by $0.03, misses on revenue
Jun. 24, 2014, 9:05 AM
- Walgreen (WAG) felt pressure on pharmacy margins during FQ3 (earnings, details) with third-party reimbursements lower.
- Though the forecast for cost savings from the company's merger with Alliance Boots was pushed higher, visibility on the integration is still cloudy with key decisions still hanging in the balance. A potential tax inversion move tops the list.
- Walgreen pulled its 2016 guidance and put investors into a waiting period until later this summer for more clarity.
- WAG -2.2% premarket
WBA vs. ETF Alternatives
Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc operates drug-stores chain in the United States. It provides consumer goods and services, pharmacy, and health and wellness services through drug-stores, as well as mail, and by telephone and online.
Other News & PR