SA News • Tue, Nov. 18
From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Oct 17, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Aug 19, 2013)
at CNBC.com (Jul 25, 2013)
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- WCIC has a relatively clean balance sheet due to restructuring after bankruptcy and its recent IPO.
- WCIC focuses on the high end property sector of Florida giving it a leaner and more focused operation than most other competitors.
- The market share price is no significant discount, but there is still some value left on the table for investors looking at the long-term.
- Inventory values are from 2009 fair values making the net asset value conservative. A baseline for earnings also appear to be persistent thus far.
WCI Communities: Capitalize On The Growth In Florida
Bullish On Florida? WCI Communities Shares Your Enthusiasm
Tue, Nov. 18, 3:56 PM
- The IPO market remains hot - 344 companies have filed to go public so far this year, the most in a decade - but not so for homebuilders. After eight builders raised $1.77B issuing new shares in 2013 and 2014's first half - the first IPOs since 2004 - the momentum has faded as the pace of new home sales remains sluggish.
- “The public equity market right now is not an attractive place,” says Utah-based Woodside Homes chief Joel Shine. His company filed for an IPO in March, but instead decided to raise capital from existing investors and by issuing $50M of debt. The company in H1 posted sales roughly flat with that of a year ago.
- Of the eight builder stocks gone public sine 2013, five - TPH, CCS, WLH, UCP, TMHC - now trade for less than their IPO prices, while two - NWHM, WCIC - are modestly higher. Only one - LGI Homes (NASDAQ:LGIH) - has significantly outperformed the S&P 500.
- ETFs: ITB, XHB
Tue, Nov. 4, 7:25 AM| Comment!
Fri, Aug. 15, 9:47 AM
- Outliers to the upside among the homebuilders in early action are WCI Communities (WCIC +3.2%) and Beazer Homes (BZH +1.9%) after upgrades from Citigroup.
- Ringing the register on its Sell call on Beazer after a 27% YTD decline in the stock, Citi upgrades to Neutral. WCI is boosted to Buy from Neutral
Tue, Aug. 5, 7:30 AM| Comment!
Tue, May. 6, 7:13 AM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 25, 7:21 AM
Nov. 12, 2013, 7:14 AM
Aug. 21, 2013, 3:54 PMWCI Communities (WCIC) slips on a tepid initiation from JPMorgan today with a Neutral rating and a $20.50 price target. This runs counter to FBR Capital, who also initiated the shares today with Outperform rating. FBR says that owning WCIC gives investors "rifle access" into the state of Florida, as well as an opportunity to own one of the lowest-cost land portfolios in the public homebuilding sector. | 1 Comment
WCIC vs. ETF Alternatives
WCI Communities is a lifestyle community developer and luxury homebuilder of single- and multi-family homes in coastal Florida’s highest growth and largest markets. With a legacy that spans more than 60 years, WCI has an established expertise in developing amenity rich, lifestyle oriented... More
Other News & PR