Wed, May 6, 7:44 AM
- Wendy's (NASDAQ:WEN) says same-restaurants sales increased 3.2% system-wide in Q1.
- Higher sales at stores that were part of a reimaging program were a significant factor.
- North America company-owned restaurant margin +160 bps to 14.7%.
- G&A expenses fell 14.3% to $60.3M on a system optimization push.
- Adjusted EBITDA margin +360 bps to 18.0% off the same system optimization improvements.
- The company says it plans to sell its bakery operations.
- Guidance: High single-digit EPS growth seen for 2016 and 2017 before a return to mid-to-high teen EPS growth.
- Previously: Wendy's beats by $0.01, misses on revenue
- WEN +0.7% premarket.
Wed, May 6, 7:31 AM
Mon, Feb. 23, 5:30 PM
- AIXG, ALKS, AMT, BMO, CBRL, CEQP, CLDT, CLDX, CMCSA, CMLP, COT, CRNT, CRZO, CYRN, DAKT, DCI, DPZ, DRH, DYAX, ECL, EXAS, EXLS, EXPD, FDML, GLDD, GTLS, HD, IART, IPXL, M, MNKD, NEO, ODP, PCRX, PF, PLL, RLGY, SAFM, SAH, SHLX, SHOO, SPAR, SPWR, SUI, THRM, TOL, TREX, TRXC, UTHR, VAL, VSI, WEN, WIN, WLK, WPC, ZINC
Tue, Feb. 3, 6:53 AM
- Wendy's (NASDAQ:WEN) reports preliminary results for Q4.
- Revenue -15% to $502M vs. $509M consensus.
- EBITDA +20.3% to $107.1M.
- EPS in-line at $0.10.
- The company reports same-restaurant sales increased 1.9% during the quarter.
- North American restaurant margin +50 bps to 16.8%.
- 2015 guidance: EBITDA of $390M-$400M expected. EPS of $0.33-$0.35 vs. $0.39 consensus.
- WEN -1.5% premarket.
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:11 AM
- Wendy's (NASDAQ:WEN) reports company-owned same-restaurant sales rose 2.0% in Q3, while franchise outlets delivered a lower 0.5% comp.
- North America company-owned restaurant margin -10 bps to 15.5% with higher beef costs a drag.
- Guidance: 2014 EBITDA of $390M expected. EPS of $0.34-$0.36 reaffirmed. For 2015, EBITDA growth in the mid-to-high single-digit rate is forecast off of a positive comp.
- WEN +0.9% premarket
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:02 AM
Aug. 7, 2014, 7:04 AM
May 8, 2014, 7:03 AM
Feb. 27, 2014, 7:51 AM
- Earnings are somewhat ahead of preliminary results released last month thanks to an arcane accounting adjustment.
- Company reaffirms its 2014 outlook for adjusted EBITDA of $390M-$400M, "despite the adverse impact from winter storms during the first quarter" [they have to be kidding] Adjusted EPS is still expected at $0.34-$0.36. Average same-restaurant-sales growth of 2.5-3.5% at Company-operated stores (was 1.9% in 2013). Company-operated restaurant margin improvement of 140-160 basis points.
- Management expects to continue to sell certain Company-owned restaurants to franchisees. Another 415 restaurants are on schedule to be sold by the end of Q1 for total proceeds to about $235M. Agreements are inked on another 174 restaurants.
- 8.7M shares repurchased during 2013 at average price of $7.93 each. Pursuant to the Dutch Tender offer, 29.7M shares purchased in February at average price of $9.25 each.
- Due to the January preliminary release, there will be no CC today.
- Press release, Q4 results
- WEN -3% premarket.
Feb. 27, 2014, 7:31 AM| Comment!
Feb. 27, 2014, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Feb. 26, 2014, 5:30 PM| 1 Comment
Nov. 7, 2013, 7:46 AM
- Wendy's (WEN) says company-owned same-store sales increased 3.2% in North America during Q3 and franchise-owned stores improved 3.1%.
- The two-year stack for same-store sales was 5.9% to mark the best growth since 2005.
- The restaurant operator improved its margins with a favorable sales mix and lower paper and beverage costs factoring in. (PR)
Nov. 7, 2013, 7:31 AM
Jul. 23, 2013, 7:53 AMMore on Wendy's (WEN) Q2 earnings: Same-store-sales +0.4% in Q2 (MCD was +1%). Expects faster growth in H2. Plans to sell about 425 company-owned restaurants, bringing total system ownership to 15% from 22% - targeting end of Q2 2014 for completion of sales. A sale of 24 restaurants in K.C. was closed yesterday. This "system optimization" is expected to cut G&A expense about $30M and improve margins at company-owned stores at least 50 bps. Adjusted EPS growth in the mid-teens beginning in 2014 now expected vs. previous guidance of low double-digit growth. Quarterly dividend boosted 25% to $0.05/share. Shares +7.8% premarket. CC at 11 ET. (PR) | 1 Comment
Jul. 23, 2013, 7:38 AM
WEN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR