Fri, Sep. 11, 2:08 PM| Fri, Sep. 11, 2:08 PM | Comment!
Tue, Sep. 1, 7:13 AM
- Aga Rangemaster, the U.K. ovenmaker that agreed to sell itself to Middleby (NASDAQ:MIDD), has received a competing approach from U.S.-based Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR).
- Aga continues to recommend Middleby's agreed $201M offer despite opening its books to Whirlpool.
- Shares of the British range cooker company +11% in London.
- Previously: Middleby to acquire Aga for $202M (Jul. 15 2015)
Tue, Aug. 18, 9:31 AM
Thu, Aug. 13, 8:55 AM
Wed, Jul. 22, 6:42 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) reports sales rose 25% if the impact of the currency swings is backed out in Q2.
- North American business saw a sales increase of 1.0% to $2.7B after excluding the currency impact.
- Europe, Middle East and Africa business sales grew 79% to $1.3B (+127% excluding the currency impact).
- Whirlpool Latin America revenue fell 18.2% to $0.9B.
- Whirlpool Asia revenue +81% to $381M.
- Gross margin rate increased 57 bps to 17.38%.
- Operating profit margin decreased 30 bps to 6.8%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $9.50 to $10.50; Adjusted EPS: $12.00 to $13.00; Free cash flow: ~$700M; Capital expenditure: ~$750M to $800M.
- Unit shipment growth in FY2015: North America: ~4%; EMEA: Flat to +2%; Latin America: ~-15%; Asia: Flat.
Wed, Jul. 22, 6:04 AM
Tue, Jul. 21, 5:30 PM
Mon, Jul. 20, 11:36 AM
- Whirlpool (WHR -2.7%) trades lower on heavy volume after a short-selling boutique firms issues a negative report.
- Off Wall Street Research fired off a Sell rating on the appliance seller earlier today based off of negative pricing trends.
- Shares of Whirlpool have put in four losing sessions in a row.
Thu, Jul. 2, 10:09 AM
- Whirlpool (WHR -1.4%) has reached a preliminary accord with Italian trade unions not to lay off staff or close down plants in the country.
- The company had been in heavy talks for more than two months following its original restructuring plan to cut almost 2,000 Italian jobs.
- Previously: Whirlpool catches flak in Italy over job cuts (May. 20 2015)
Wed, May 20, 2:39 PM
- Whirlpool (WHR -0.3%) faces pressure in Italy from government officials over a plan to cut nearly 2K jobs as part of a restructuring after buying Indesit.
- The company has been in talks with labor groups in the nation on the same issue.
- Whirlpool says the merger created redundancies which need to be eliminated.
Tue, May 19, 9:55 PM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) and Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD) starting selling their B.blend machine in Brazil today.
- The B.blend has the distinction of being the first all-purpose beverage maker with its capacity to make hot, cold, or carbonated single-serve drinks.
- A successful launch in the U.S. by the 50-50 partners could set up the product for an international roll-out.
- The development also has potential implications for Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR), Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), and SodaStream (NASDAQ:SODA)
Mon, May 18, 3:28 PM
- Whirpool (WHR +0.5%) acquires privately-held American Dryer Corporation for an undisclosed amount.
- American Dryer Corporation manufactures washing machines for commercial uses.
- Whirlpool expects to close on the deal within the next couple of weeks and integrate ADC into its business over the rest of the year.
Fri, May 8, 7:20 AM
Mon, May 4, 11:47 AM
- Whirlpool (WHR +0.1%) has been added to the Best Ideas List at Longbow Research.
- The company issued disappointing guidance last week amid F/X pressure, although some analysts are pointing to underlying strength in key regions and the merger synergies which are set to kick in.
- Shares of Whirlpool are -7.3% YTD.
- Previously: Whirlpool misses by $0.20, misses on revenue (Apr. 28 2015)
- Previously: More on Whirlpool's Q1 (Apr. 28 2015)
- Previously: Whirlpool -7% after guidance disappoints (Apr. 28 2015)
Tue, Apr. 28, 9:14 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) slides after cutting guidance below expectations due to F/X pressure and weak demand in Brazil.
- Acquisitions boosted the top-line revenue mark during the quarter, but full integration benefits haven't been realized yet.
- Previously: Whirlpool misses by $0.20, misses on revenue
- Previously: More on Whirlpool's Q1
- WHR -7.0% premarket to $184.09.
Tue, Apr. 28, 9:12 AM
WHR vs. ETF Alternatives
Whirlpool Corp is a manufacturer and marketer of home appliances. It produces and sells washers, dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, microwave ovens, ranges, air purifiers, and other typical household appliances.
Other News & PR