Dec. 15, 2014, 6:21 PM
- Due to accelerated merger integration plans, forex headwinds, and "temporary new product transition costs in North America related to the previously announced new laundry product launches," Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) now expects 2014 adjusted EPS of $10.90-$11.10, down from a prior $11.50-$12.00 and below an $11.65 consensus. However, the company still expects 2014 free cash flow of $650M-$700M.
- Adjusted EPS is expected to rise to $14.00-$15.00 in 2015; consensus is at $14.50. Free cash flow is expected to grow to $700M-$800M.
- The outlook comes ahead of Whirlpool's investor day, which starts at 11AM ET tomorrow (webcast).
Nov. 25, 2014, 2:46 PM
- "Not surprisingly, billionaires reduced their energy allocations (NYSEARCA:XLE) during Q3," says Direxion, unveiling the quarterly rebalance for the iBillionaire Index (which serves as the benchmark for the IBLN ETF). Attention was instead shifted to healthcare (NYSEARCA:XLV) and materials (NYSEARCA:XLB), with companies like Humana (NYSE:HUM) and Monsanto (NYSE:MON).
- Also added to the index: TMO, GM, FB, CBS, GOOG, MAS, APD, DAL, NOV, WHR, THC, ABBV.
- Dropped from the index: AIG, MCK, CTSH, MSI, RIG, CI, APC, GPS, MSFT, CMCSA, NFLX, MHFI, WMB, ICE.
- Outlying sectors: Consumer Discretionary (NYSEARCA:XLY) makes up 23.33% of the iBillionaire Index vs. 11.68% for the S&P 500, and Industrials (NYSEARCA:XLI) and financials (NYSEARCA:XLF) make up just 6.67% each of the index vs. 10.44 and 16.30 of the S&P 500, respectively. Consumer Staples (NYSEARCA:XLP) have zero representation in the index vs. 9.7% in the S&P 500.
- Previously: Direxion launched an ETF with iBillionaire today
Oct. 28, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) reports its North American business saw a sales increase of 6.3% to $2.8B in Q3.
- Sales were up 1.2% to $785M for the Europe, Middle East and Africa business.
- Whirlpool Latin America revenue flat at $1.1B, up 3.2% ex-currency and tax credit adjustments.
- Whirlpool Asia revenue -22% to $157M.
- Operating profit rate flat at 11%.
- Guidance: The company expects FY14 EPS of $9.40-$9.99 vs. $10.30-$10.80 prior.
- WHR -2.8% premarket
Oct. 28, 2014, 6:02 AM
Oct. 21, 2014, 11:11 AM
Oct. 14, 2014, 12:51 PM
Sep. 24, 2014, 1:13 PM
- NPD Group reports the U.S. small home appliance saw sales rise 4% to $19.6B for the year ending June 2014.
- Perhaps a surprise, growth in the rice cooker and electric kettles categories were stronger than what was seen for single-serve brewing systems and countertop blenders.
- Related stocks: GMCR, SBUX, WHR, CONN, HGG, HD, NC, SWK, SODA,
Sep. 15, 2014, 6:53 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) announces it received approval from the China Securities Regulatory Commission to acquire a controlling stake in Hefei Rongshide Sanyo Electric.
- Hefei Sanyo is a local producer of washers, refrigerators, and microwave ovens.
- The company expects the deal to close at the end of Q3 or early in Q4.
Sep. 8, 2014, 10:08 AM| Comment!
Aug. 19, 2014, 9:56 AM
Aug. 1, 2014, 1:59 PM| Comment!
Jul. 23, 2014, 11:39 AM
- Anyone buying the knee-jerk 6% dive in Whirlpool (WHR +0.2%) following a big earnings miss and guidance cut is smiling as the stock turns green amid optimistic comments from management on the conference call, with CEO Jeff Fettig saying industry demand levels are set to accelerate in H2.
- Previously: Whirlpool tumbles after big miss and reduced guidance
Jul. 23, 2014, 8:18 AM
- Citing the costs associated with pending acquisitions in China and Europe, Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) cuts full-year EPS guidance to $10.30-$10.80 from $11.05-$11.55.
- As for Q2 results, North America sales of $2.7B rose about 4%, excluding currency impacts, with operating margin of 10.6%, up from 10.1%.
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa ales of $746M rose about 3% ex-currency.
- Latin America sales of $1.1B declined about 4% ex-currency.
- Asia sales of $211M fell about 9% ex-currency.
- Shares -5.7% premarket
- Previously: Whirlpool misses by $0.29, misses on revenue
Jul. 23, 2014, 6:04 AM
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 17, 2014, 3:58 PM
WHR vs. ETF Alternatives
Whirlpool Corp is a manufacturer and marketer of home appliances. It produces and sells washers, dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, microwave ovens, ranges, air purifiers, and other typical household appliances.
Other News & PR