Tue, Apr. 28, 7:20 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) reports its North American business saw a sales increase of 2.0% to $2.3B after excluding the currency impact.
- Sales were up 85.71% to $1.3B for the Europe, Middle East and Africa business.
- Whirlpool Latin America revenue fell 25% to $0.9B.
- Whirlpool Asia revenue +127.71% to $378M.
- Gross margin rate increased 30 bps to 17.60%.
- Operating profit margin decreased 36 bps to 6.56%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $9.00 to $10.00; Adjusted EPS: $12.00 to $13.00; Free cash flow: ~$700M; Capital expenditure: ~$750M to $800M.
- Unit shipment growth in FY2015: North America: ~4%; EMEA: Flat to +2%; Latin America: -10% to -12%; Asia: +1% to +3%.
- WHR -3.96% premarket.
- Q1 results
Tue, Apr. 28, 6:05 AM
Mon, Apr. 20, 10:03 PM
Thu, Apr. 16, 1:23 PM
- Whirlpool (WHR -1.1%) announces it will invest $535.3M on operations in Italy as part of a restructuring plan.
- "A large portion of this investment will be targeted at developing a specialized and efficient network of factories and innovative product platforms," reads the Whirlpool statement.
- The company also plans to eliminate 1,350 redundant jobs.
- The measures are tied to the integration of Indesit into Whirlpool.
- SEC Form 8-K
Wed, Apr. 8, 11:00 AM
- Shares of Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) are down 1.8% after rival Electrolux (OTC:ELUXF, OTCPK:ELUXY) warns on results in North America.
- The Swedish appliance seller expects to post a loss in Q1 due in part to costs tied to energy regulations.
- "Electrolux operations continue to be negatively impacted by the transition of the product ranges within refrigeration and freezers," reads the company's statement.
- Electrolux will release full Q1 results on April 24.
- Shares of Electrolux ADRs have fallen 7.7%.
- Electrolux update on North American operations
Tue, Mar. 24, 1:51 PM
- A slowdown in the single serve coffee market is giving some opportunities in the recovering drip coffee market, according to a blog post from NPD Group.
- 42% of respondents to a NPD survey own a single serve coffee system already with less than half saying they plan on replacing their machine in the next three years.
- Drip coffee makers and coffee grinder sales have both improved recently amid the maturity of single-serve as households veer toward having both a quick and a more complex coffee option.
- Related coffee machine stocks: Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR), Hamilton Beach (NYSE:NC), KitchenAid (NYSE:WHR), Cuisinart (private), Breville (OTC:BVILF, OTCPK:BVILY), Mr. Coffee (NYSE:JAH).
Thu, Feb. 26, 9:30 AM
Tue, Feb. 24, 8:41 AM
- Strong demand at Home Depot and Lowe's as consumers boost their home improvement spending sets up suppliers for a Q1 boost.
- A higher mix of domestic sales can also help select companies withstand the impact of F/X translation to U.S. dollars for their global business.
- Previously: Home Depot and Lowe's higher after strong read on HD traffic (Feb. 24 2015)
- Home Depot-watching: SWK, SPB, ENR, PG, TTC, OC, WHR,
Tue, Feb. 17, 10:47 AM
Wed, Feb. 4, 6:46 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) reports its North American business saw a sales increase of 4.0% to $2.8B in Q4.
- Sales were up 112.50% to $1.7B for the Europe, Middle East and Africa business.
- Whirlpool Latin America revenue fell 7.14% to $1.3B, up 1.0% ex-currency and tax credit adjustments.
- Whirlpool Asia revenue +59.32% to $282M.
- Operating profit increased 20 bps to 7.60%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $10.75 to $11.75; Adjusted EPS: $14.00 to $15.00; Free cash flow: $700M to $800M; Capital expenditure: $800M to $850M.
- Unit shipment growth in FY2015: North America: ~4% to 6%; EMEA: Flat to +2%; Latin America: flat to -3%; Asia: +1% to +3%.
- WHR +1.96% premarket.
Wed, Feb. 4, 6:03 AM
Tue, Feb. 3, 5:30 PM
Dec. 15, 2014, 6:21 PM
- Due to accelerated merger integration plans, forex headwinds, and "temporary new product transition costs in North America related to the previously announced new laundry product launches," Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) now expects 2014 adjusted EPS of $10.90-$11.10, down from a prior $11.50-$12.00 and below an $11.65 consensus. However, the company still expects 2014 free cash flow of $650M-$700M.
- Adjusted EPS is expected to rise to $14.00-$15.00 in 2015; consensus is at $14.50. Free cash flow is expected to grow to $700M-$800M.
- The outlook comes ahead of Whirlpool's investor day, which starts at 11AM ET tomorrow (webcast).
Nov. 25, 2014, 2:46 PM
- "Not surprisingly, billionaires reduced their energy allocations (NYSEARCA:XLE) during Q3," says Direxion, unveiling the quarterly rebalance for the iBillionaire Index (which serves as the benchmark for the IBLN ETF). Attention was instead shifted to healthcare (NYSEARCA:XLV) and materials (NYSEARCA:XLB), with companies like Humana (NYSE:HUM) and Monsanto (NYSE:MON).
- Also added to the index: TMO, GM, FB, CBS, GOOG, MAS, APD, DAL, NOV, WHR, THC, ABBV.
- Dropped from the index: AIG, MCK, CTSH, MSI, RIG, CI, APC, GPS, MSFT, CMCSA, NFLX, MHFI, WMB, ICE.
- Outlying sectors: Consumer Discretionary (NYSEARCA:XLY) makes up 23.33% of the iBillionaire Index vs. 11.68% for the S&P 500, and Industrials (NYSEARCA:XLI) and financials (NYSEARCA:XLF) make up just 6.67% each of the index vs. 10.44 and 16.30 of the S&P 500, respectively. Consumer Staples (NYSEARCA:XLP) have zero representation in the index vs. 9.7% in the S&P 500.
- Previously: Direxion launched an ETF with iBillionaire today
Oct. 28, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) reports its North American business saw a sales increase of 6.3% to $2.8B in Q3.
- Sales were up 1.2% to $785M for the Europe, Middle East and Africa business.
- Whirlpool Latin America revenue flat at $1.1B, up 3.2% ex-currency and tax credit adjustments.
- Whirlpool Asia revenue -22% to $157M.
- Operating profit rate flat at 11%.
- Guidance: The company expects FY14 EPS of $9.40-$9.99 vs. $10.30-$10.80 prior.
- WHR -2.8% premarket
Oct. 28, 2014, 6:02 AM
WHR vs. ETF Alternatives
Whirlpool Corp is a manufacturer and marketer of home appliances. It produces and sells washers, dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, microwave ovens, ranges, air purifiers, and other typical household appliances.
Other News & PR