Apr. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 16, 2014, 8:18 AM
- A strong month for retail sales in China could bode well for U.S. companies relying on a vibrant consumer in the region. March's pace of 12.2% growth beat estimates.
- During Q1, China's retail sales increased 12% Y/Y to 6.21T yuan ($1.01T).
- A cross-section of some firms looking at China for growth includes Yum Brands (YUM), Whirlpool (WHR), Avon Products (AVP), Ford (F), Ralph Lauren (RL), and Procter & Gamble (PG).
Apr. 15, 2014, 7:57 AM
Apr. 15, 2014, 5:39 AM
Feb. 18, 2014, 1:10 PM
Jan. 30, 2014, 5:29 PM
- Whirlpool (WHR) says it is considering a new offensive against foreign-made household appliances that it maintains are being sold in the U.S. for less than the cost to manufacturer them.
- WHR's previous trade complaints have targeted refrigerators and washing machines from Korea and Mexico, but the company says the situation "has gotten worse" as unfairly discounted appliances are now flowing into the U.S. market from China, Thailand and possibly other Asian countries.
- WHR has focused on margin expansion and the introduction of high-value innovations on appliances, while largely refraining from margin-busting discounts, and some analysts believe it is losing share in the U.S. appliance market where it has traditionally dominated (Q4 earnings).
Jan. 30, 2014, 1:53 PM
- Whirlpool (WHR -4.5%) managed to grow profits in Q4 compared to last year, but fell short of analyst expectations after heavy price discounting took a toll on margins.
- The company grew sales in North America by 9.6% during the period, but lost market share.
- 2014 EPS guidance is set by Whirlpool at $12.00-$12.50, roughly in-line with the consensus mark of analysts of $12.26.
Jan. 30, 2014, 6:06 AM| Comment!
Jan. 28, 2014, 8:11 AM| Comment!
Dec. 19, 2013, 3:48 PM| 1 Comment
Nov. 20, 2013, 11:34 AM
- Whirlpool (WHR -0.5%) reaffirms its FY13 EPS guidance of $9.90 to $10.10 which has a midpoint below the consensus analyst mark of $10.09. The conservative estimate falls in line with recent reports of pricing pressure in appliances.
- The company's longer-term vision includes revenue growth of 5% to 7% annually on its view that the U.S. housing market only sits in the "early stages" of a prolonged recovery.
- The Morgan Stanley Global Consumer And Retail Conference (webcast, slides)
Nov. 19, 2013, 7:37 AM| Comment!
Nov. 14, 2013, 12:48 PM
- Whirlpool (WHR +4.2%) is one of the biggest gainers in the S&P 500 as Janet Yellen's testimony in front of the Senate Banking Committee includes encouraging signs the company might continue to benefit from lower mortgage rates.
- Shares of Whirlpool are up 48% YTD and are threatening to etch out a new all-time high.
Oct. 22, 2013, 6:51 AM
- Whirlpool (WHR) reports sales rose over 5% ex-currency led by a strong performance in North America.
- The company saw profits rise significantly on a year-over-year comparison due to cost productivity and capacity reduction measures that more than offset higher expenses.
- Looking ahead, Whirlpool raises full-year EPS guidance to $9.90 to $10.10, up from a prior outlook of $9.50 to $10.00. Appliance demand is expected to be strong in the U.S. (PR)
Oct. 22, 2013, 6:02 AM
WHR vs. ETF Alternatives
Whirlpool Corp is a manufacturer and marketer of home appliances. It produces and sells washers, dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, microwave ovens, ranges, air purifiers, and other typical household appliances.
Other News & PR