Tue, Apr. 28, 7:20 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) reports its North American business saw a sales increase of 2.0% to $2.3B after excluding the currency impact.
- Sales were up 85.71% to $1.3B for the Europe, Middle East and Africa business.
- Whirlpool Latin America revenue fell 25% to $0.9B.
- Whirlpool Asia revenue +127.71% to $378M.
- Gross margin rate increased 30 bps to 17.60%.
- Operating profit margin decreased 36 bps to 6.56%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $9.00 to $10.00; Adjusted EPS: $12.00 to $13.00; Free cash flow: ~$700M; Capital expenditure: ~$750M to $800M.
- Unit shipment growth in FY2015: North America: ~4%; EMEA: Flat to +2%; Latin America: -10% to -12%; Asia: +1% to +3%.
- WHR -3.96% premarket.
- Q1 results
Tue, Apr. 28, 6:05 AM
Wed, Feb. 4, 6:46 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) reports its North American business saw a sales increase of 4.0% to $2.8B in Q4.
- Sales were up 112.50% to $1.7B for the Europe, Middle East and Africa business.
- Whirlpool Latin America revenue fell 7.14% to $1.3B, up 1.0% ex-currency and tax credit adjustments.
- Whirlpool Asia revenue +59.32% to $282M.
- Operating profit increased 20 bps to 7.60%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $10.75 to $11.75; Adjusted EPS: $14.00 to $15.00; Free cash flow: $700M to $800M; Capital expenditure: $800M to $850M.
- Unit shipment growth in FY2015: North America: ~4% to 6%; EMEA: Flat to +2%; Latin America: flat to -3%; Asia: +1% to +3%.
- WHR +1.96% premarket.
Wed, Feb. 4, 6:03 AM
Tue, Feb. 3, 5:30 PM
Dec. 15, 2014, 6:21 PM
- Due to accelerated merger integration plans, forex headwinds, and "temporary new product transition costs in North America related to the previously announced new laundry product launches," Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) now expects 2014 adjusted EPS of $10.90-$11.10, down from a prior $11.50-$12.00 and below an $11.65 consensus. However, the company still expects 2014 free cash flow of $650M-$700M.
- Adjusted EPS is expected to rise to $14.00-$15.00 in 2015; consensus is at $14.50. Free cash flow is expected to grow to $700M-$800M.
- The outlook comes ahead of Whirlpool's investor day, which starts at 11AM ET tomorrow (webcast).
Oct. 28, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) reports its North American business saw a sales increase of 6.3% to $2.8B in Q3.
- Sales were up 1.2% to $785M for the Europe, Middle East and Africa business.
- Whirlpool Latin America revenue flat at $1.1B, up 3.2% ex-currency and tax credit adjustments.
- Whirlpool Asia revenue -22% to $157M.
- Operating profit rate flat at 11%.
- Guidance: The company expects FY14 EPS of $9.40-$9.99 vs. $10.30-$10.80 prior.
- WHR -2.8% premarket
Oct. 28, 2014, 6:02 AM
Jul. 23, 2014, 11:39 AM
- Anyone buying the knee-jerk 6% dive in Whirlpool (WHR +0.2%) following a big earnings miss and guidance cut is smiling as the stock turns green amid optimistic comments from management on the conference call, with CEO Jeff Fettig saying industry demand levels are set to accelerate in H2.
- Previously: Whirlpool tumbles after big miss and reduced guidance
Jul. 23, 2014, 8:18 AM
- Citing the costs associated with pending acquisitions in China and Europe, Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) cuts full-year EPS guidance to $10.30-$10.80 from $11.05-$11.55.
- As for Q2 results, North America sales of $2.7B rose about 4%, excluding currency impacts, with operating margin of 10.6%, up from 10.1%.
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa ales of $746M rose about 3% ex-currency.
- Latin America sales of $1.1B declined about 4% ex-currency.
- Asia sales of $211M fell about 9% ex-currency.
- Shares -5.7% premarket
- Previously: Whirlpool misses by $0.29, misses on revenue
Jul. 23, 2014, 6:04 AM
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 25, 2014, 6:03 AM
Apr. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 30, 2014, 6:06 AM| Comment!
WHR vs. ETF Alternatives
Whirlpool Corp is a manufacturer and marketer of home appliances. It produces and sells washers, dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, microwave ovens, ranges, air purifiers, and other typical household appliances.
Other News & PR