Wed, Feb. 4, 6:46 AM
- Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) reports its North American business saw a sales increase of 4.0% to $2.8B in Q4.
- Sales were up 112.50% to $1.7B for the Europe, Middle East and Africa business.
- Whirlpool Latin America revenue fell 7.14% to $1.3B, up 1.0% ex-currency and tax credit adjustments.
- Whirlpool Asia revenue +59.32% to $282M.
- Operating profit increased 20 bps to 7.60%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Diluted EPS: $10.75 to $11.75; Adjusted EPS: $14.00 to $15.00; Free cash flow: $700M to $800M; Capital expenditure: $800M to $850M.
- Unit shipment growth in FY2015: North America: ~4% to 6%; EMEA: Flat to +2%; Latin America: flat to -3%; Asia: +1% to +3%.
- WHR +1.96% premarket.
Jul. 23, 2014, 11:39 AM
- Anyone buying the knee-jerk 6% dive in Whirlpool (WHR +0.2%) following a big earnings miss and guidance cut is smiling as the stock turns green amid optimistic comments from management on the conference call, with CEO Jeff Fettig saying industry demand levels are set to accelerate in H2.
- Previously: Whirlpool tumbles after big miss and reduced guidance
Jul. 23, 2014, 8:18 AM
- Citing the costs associated with pending acquisitions in China and Europe, Whirlpool (NYSE:WHR) cuts full-year EPS guidance to $10.30-$10.80 from $11.05-$11.55.
- As for Q2 results, North America sales of $2.7B rose about 4%, excluding currency impacts, with operating margin of 10.6%, up from 10.1%.
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa ales of $746M rose about 3% ex-currency.
- Latin America sales of $1.1B declined about 4% ex-currency.
- Asia sales of $211M fell about 9% ex-currency.
- Shares -5.7% premarket
- Previously: Whirlpool misses by $0.29, misses on revenue
Nov. 14, 2013, 12:48 PM
- Whirlpool (WHR +4.2%) is one of the biggest gainers in the S&P 500 as Janet Yellen's testimony in front of the Senate Banking Committee includes encouraging signs the company might continue to benefit from lower mortgage rates.
- Shares of Whirlpool are up 48% YTD and are threatening to etch out a new all-time high.
Oct. 14, 2013, 10:34 AM
- Whirlpool (WHR -6.5%) shares are down sharply on heavy volume after Cleveland Research issues a note that appliance demand has softened in Sept. (shipments are seen up 5%-7% YoY vs. Aug.'s 15%).
- Cleveland, which has a neutral rating on WHR, thinks Whirlpool will still hit Q3 EPS numbers despite weakening trends.
Oct. 14, 2013, 10:00 AM| 3 Comments
Sep. 18, 2013, 9:40 AM
Aug. 28, 2013, 3:29 AM
- The rupee's collapse shows no sign of abating, with India's currency hitting yet another record low of 68.71 to the dollar. The USD-INR is now +2.9% at 68.225, while shares are down again, dropping 1.1%.
- "It is just impossible to put any realistic value to the rupee any more," says forex dealer Uday Bhatt.
- Foreign investors are fleeing the country, selling almost $1B of shares in the eight session through yesterday, although net purchases for 2013 are $12B. Bond outflows this year are $4.5B.
- Complicating matters for India is that the prices of gold and oil, its biggest imports, are surging this week due to the tension with Syria.
- The rupee's slide comes despite the government taking measures to try to stem the tide. The latest proposal is to create swap agreements with other countries to reduce demand for foreign currencies.
- The collapse in the rupee is causing havoc with companies such as Whirlpool of India (WHR), as the trend is boosting import costs at the same time that consumer spending is falling.
- ETFs - Stocks: INDY, EPI, PIN, INP, INDA, INXX, SCIF, SCIN, INDL, SMIN. Currency: ICN, INR
Jul. 19, 2013, 7:07 AMMore on Whirlpool (WHR) Q2 earnings: FY2013 EPS guidance is upped $0.25 to $10.05-$10.55. Free cash flow generation is raised $50M to $650M-$700M. "Given the strong underlying trends in our business, we recently resumed our share repurchase program ... Sales increased in every region of the world as we continued to expand margins." Shares +3.9% premarket. (PR) | Comment!
Jun. 21, 2013, 12:25 PM
Apr. 24, 2013, 9:46 AM
Jan. 31, 2013, 12:00 PMWhirlpool (WHR +2.9%) CEO Jeff Fettig thinks the company's demand in the U.S. will grow by 2% to 3% this year as the housing market keep up forward momentum. The appliance seller expects slightly better results in Latin America and Asia, forecasting 3% and 5% growth, respectively. (earnings) | Comment!
Oct. 24, 2012, 11:04 AM
Jul. 30, 2012, 1:17 PM
Jul. 24, 2012, 9:04 AM
May. 30, 2012, 2:41 PMShares of Whirlpool (WHR +4.0%) move up after the U.S. International Trade Administration rules that rivals Samsung and LG dumped washing machines in the U.S. at prices below fair value. The Commerce Department plans to tag duties on imports of washing machines as a temporary response to the practice. | Comment!
WHR vs. ETF Alternatives
Whirlpool Corp is a manufacturer and marketer of home appliances. It produces and sells washers, dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, microwave ovens, ranges, air purifiers, and other typical household appliances.
Other News & PR