Apr. 24, 2014, 9:27 AM
- Waste Management's (WM) net profit rose to $228M from $168M
- Increases guidance for free net cash flow, saying it expects $1.4-1.5B vs prior guidance of above $1.3B.
- However, Waste Management says that regarding other elements of its guidance, "it's difficult to predict underlying business trends in the first quarter due to winter seasonality." Still, "early April volumes indicate a normal seasonal upturn." Waste Management expects to "refine" its guidance after Q2.
- Shares are -1.6%. (PR)
Apr. 24, 2014, 7:32 AM| Comment!
Feb. 25, 2014, 4:24 PM
Feb. 18, 2014, 12:49 PM
- Waste Management (WM -4.6%) shares sink after the company’s Q4 results and FY 2014 guidance missed consensus estimates.
- Recycling operations hurt earnings by $0.03/share during Q4 and $0.12/share for the full year, $0.10 more than expected.
- Internal revenue growth from yield for collection and disposal operations was 2.4% during Q4 vs. a yield of 0.9% in the year-ago period; expects 2014 internal revenue growth from yield on the collection and disposal business of ~2% and internal revenue growth from volume of -1%.
- WM's 2014 outlook projects adjusted EPS of $2.30-$2.35, below the $2.41 estimated by analysts.
- Wedbush maintains a Neutral rating on WM shares with a 12-month price target of $40, but says its estimates and rating were under review.
Feb. 18, 2014, 7:32 AM
Feb. 18, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 17, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 12, 2013, 5:16 PM
Oct. 29, 2013, 7:33 AM
Aug. 22, 2013, 4:55 PM
Jul. 30, 2013, 7:55 AM
- Waste Management's (WM) net income +17.3% to $244M as revenues rise 1.9% to $3.53B.
- Internal revenue growth 2.1%.
- Income from operations in traditional solid waste business +$47M.
- SG&A cost savings $21M; operating expenses +$51M.
- Net cash from operating activities $545M, increased free cash flow to $347M
- Average recycling commodity prices -12.5% on year.
- Expects recycling operations to hurt FY results by $0.08/share vs 2012, up from original forecast of $0.02.
- However, still expects FY adjusted EPS of $2.15-2.20 vs consensus of $2.18, and free cash flow of $1.1-1.2B. (Previous) (PR)
Jul. 30, 2013, 7:33 AM| Comment!
Jun. 13, 2013, 9:04 AM
May 10, 2013, 9:14 AM
Apr. 24, 2013, 7:33 AM
Apr. 24, 2013, 12:05 AMNotable earnings before Wednesday’s open: ABB, ABX, ASH, ATI, AVY, BA, BYD, CFR, CKSW, COR, CP, CS, CVE, DPS, EDU, ELN, EMN, ERIC, F, FDML, GD, GLW, GRA, HCBK, HES, ICON, LAD, LL, LLY, LO, MDCO, MSI, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NS, NVS, NYCB, OC, OCR, OSIS, PG, PLD, PX, RES, ROK, S, SO, SVU, TEL, TKR, TMO, TROW, TUP, USG, VLY, VMED, WAB, WHR, WLP, WM, WYN | Comment!
WM vs. ETF Alternatives
Waste Management Inc is the provider of comprehensive waste management environmental services. The Company serves to manage & reduce waste at each stage from collection to disposal, while recovering valuable resources & creating clean, renewable energy.
Other News & PR