W.P. Carey, NNN Report Great Q2 Results Utilizing 2 Very Different Strategies
- National Retail Properties, or NNN, is executing a strategy focused almost solely on U.S. retail locations, and is on the verge of joining the exclusive Dividend Aristocrat club.
- W.P. Carey has also proven to be a very dependable source of dividend income -- having just announced its 53rd consecutive quarterly increase -- while shunning the U.S retail sector.
- W.P. Carey actively pursues larger, sophisticated build-to-suit opportunities; while NNN avoids development risk by growing almost entirely from the acquisition of smaller U.S. retail properties.
- W.P. Carey earns 17% of its revenue from fees generated from over $8 billion of non-traded REIT assets under management, or AUM; while NNN generates no earnings from fee income.
- However, both companies have managed to generate solid returns and dividend growth for shareholders -- while focused on maintaining a strong balance sheet.