From other sites
There are no Focus articles on WPPGF.
There are no Related articles on WPPGF.
There are no Transcripts on WPPGF.
Tue, Dec. 2, 6:02 PM
- WPP (NASDAQ:WPPGY), the world's biggest ad company in terms of revenue, has given IBM a 7-year, $1.25B contract to "transform and manage WPP's global technology platform." (PR)
- The deal, which expands an existing alliance between the companies, covers the building of a "hybrid cloud infrastructure" that IBM asserts will allow WPP to expand its use of big data/analytics, and to more quickly deploy new products/services (details are vague).
- IDC observed last year IBM will increasingly "collaborate and compete" with ad giants such as WPP, Omnicom, and Publicis, as it tries to profit from a shift in IT spend towards CMOs. Big Blue has made a string of marketing-related software acquisitions, looking to better compete against Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, and others chasing the opportunity.
- Yesterday: IBM strikes multi-billion dollar services deal with ABN Amro
Fri, May. 9, 3:20 AM
- As expected, advertising giants Omnicom (OMC) and Publicis (PUBGY) have called off their $35B merger, citing "difficulties in completing the transaction within a reasonable time frame."
- Numerous problems had beset the "merger of equals," including obtaining tax and other regulatory approvals, differences over which executives would take leading positions - particularly the job of CFO - and which company would be listed as the legal acquirer of the other.
- No termination fees are being paid by either side.
- The ending of the merger leaves WPP (WPPGF) as the world's largest advertising company.
Fri, Apr. 25, 3:11 AM
- WPP's (WPPGY) Q1 revenues rose 1.5% to £2.57B and comparable revenue increased a better than expected 7% despite a slowdown in China.
- The strong pound hurt WPP's performance by 8.1%
- Profits, revenue margin and gross margin or net sales margin were above budget.
- WPP, which is the world's largest advertising company, said its Q1 performance could lead to stronger FY growth than initially planned.
- Shares are +0.55% in London. (PR)
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
WPPGF vs. ETF Alternatives
WPP Group is engaged in the provision of communications services. These services include advertising; media investment management; information, insight and consulting; public relations and public affairs; branding and identity; healthcare communications; direct, promotion and relationship... More
Other News & PR