Fri, May 8, 1:20 PM
- Westport Innovations (WPRT +9.3%) trades higher after a solid Q1 earnings beat and landing an upgrade from Lake Street Capital to a Buy rating from Hold.
- The company says it has done a quick reset after changes in the energy markets disrupted its business model.
- A significant drop in operating expenses led to a narrower loss for the quarter.
- Previously: Westport Innovations beats by $0.10, beats on revenue (May. 07 2015)
Thu, May 7, 4:08 PM| 3 Comments
Mon, May 4, 12:21 PM
Fri, Apr. 17, 8:13 AM
- Westport Innovations (NASDAQ:WPRT) moves higher in early trading to follow up on a strong 5.5% move yesterday.
- The drop in oil prices last fall raised demand concerns for the company's low-emission fuel engine components and designs.
- WPRT +3.95% premarket to $5.00 to push over the threshold for the first time in over a month.
Wed, Mar. 11, 8:43 AM
- Westport Innovations (NASDAQ:WPRT) has announced the introduction of its new combustion technology in Volvo's (OTCPK:GELYF) new Drive-E powertrain bi-fuel engine.
- Volvo is the first OEM to feature the new Westport system. It will be used on its new two-liter, direct injection, four-cylinder Drive-E powertrain family, which will be available on the Volvo V60 and V70 2016 models.
Tue, Mar. 10, 12:45 PM
Tue, Mar. 10, 10:31 AM
- Westport Innovations (WPRT -15.5%) is sharply lower after posting a larger than expected Q4 loss of $1.02/share, compared with a loss of $1.42 a year earlier, as revenue fell 48% Y/Y to $27.4M.
- WPRT says it is facing stronger economic headwinds than it had expected, and now anticipates reaching breakeven on an adjusted EBITDA basis in mid-2016 while seeing FY 2015 revenues of $110M-$125M vs. its prior forecast of $128M and below analyst consensus estimate of $143M.
- Jefferies cuts its stock price target to $5 from $7 following WPRT's outlook that highlights challenging end-market conditions and aggressive measures to control costs; Northland Capital lowers its target to $5.50 from $6 following the results and guidance.
Tue, Mar. 10, 9:19 AM
Mon, Mar. 9, 5:40 PM
Mon, Mar. 9, 4:10 PM
Mon, Mar. 9, 10:14 AM
Sun, Mar. 8, 5:35 PM
Mon, Mar. 2, 1:57 PM
- There's a broad rally in auto parts stocks underway after a strong read on sales in some key European markets.
- Sales in Spain rose 26% Y/Y in February, while sales improved 7% in Germany and 4.1% in France.
- February U.S. sales are due to be reported tomorrow by manufacturers.
- Gainers: Federal-Mogul (NASDAQ:FDML)+4.1%, Westport Innovations (NASDAQ:WPRT) +2.6%, Modine Manufacturing (NYSE:MOD) +2.6%, Dana Holding (NYSE:DAN) +2.5%, Visteon (NYSE:VC) +2.4%, BorgWarner (NYSE:BWA) +2.4%, Lear (NYSE:LEA) +2.4%, Lydall (NYSE:LDL) +2.2%, Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI) +2.2%, Delphi Automotive (NYSE:DLPH) +2.0%.
Tue, Feb. 10, 11:40 AM
Mon, Feb. 9, 12:46 PM
Wed, Feb. 4, 12:44 PM
WPRT vs. ETF Alternatives
Westport Innovations Inc is a provider of high-performance, low-emission engine and fuel system technologies utilizing gaseous fuels.Its segments include On-Road Systems, Applied Technologies, and Corporate and Technology Investments.
Other News & PR