May. 2, 2014, 12:49 PM
May. 1, 2014, 5:49 PM| 4 Comments
Feb. 26, 2014, 4:37 PM
- 2014 guidance calls for revenue of $175M-$185M, up 7-13% from 2013, with company noting it starts the year without $25M in revenue contributions from the first gen Westport HDPI system. Operations are expected to post positive EBITDA by the end of this year and the entire corporation is expected to have positive EBITDA by the end of 2015.
- Q4 Westport revenue of $52.6M up 32% from a year ago. Joint venture segment revenue of $110.5M for Cummins Westport up 158%; $93,6M for Weichai Westport falls 13%.
- Adjusted EBITDA loss from operations of $8.4M vs. $15.5M a year ago. Consolidated adjusted EBITDA loss of $23.2M vs. $30.8M last year.
- CC at 5 ET
- Press release, Q4 results
- WPRT -5.4% AH
Feb. 26, 2014, 4:08 PM
Feb. 26, 2014, 4:06 PM
Feb. 26, 2014, 12:10 AM| Comment!
Feb. 25, 2014, 5:35 PM| 4 Comments
Feb. 12, 2014, 10:21 AM
- Westport Innovations (WPRT +4.2%) and India's Tata Motors (TTM) launch a new spark-ignited natural gas 3.8L turbocharged engine featuring Westport's WP580 engine management system; designed to support many engine configurations, the WP580 EMS also is scheduled to be applied to TTM's 5.7L engine targeting medium-duty applications in late 2014.
- Also, WPRT unveils its newest gas enhanced methane diesel proprietary technology that "has shown a significant breakthrough on dual fuel performance."
Oct. 30, 2013, 7:10 PM| 3 Comments
Oct. 30, 2013, 11:38 AM
- Westport Innovations (WPRT -0.7%) says Universal LNG Solutions has placed a blanket purchase order for 900 Westport Ice Pack LNG Tank Systems to be delivered over the next two years.
- The news is another bit of evidence in the growing interest in natural gas fuels; a new WSJ report describes how operators of some of the largest U.S. truck fleets are accelerating a shift to natural gas-fueled trucks, betting on new engine technology that promises to drop the cost of shifting from diesel fuel.
Oct. 8, 2013, 12:58 PM
- Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE -8.5%) is added to Piper Jaffray's Top Picks List as a Sell with a new $4.50 price target, cut from $9.50, saying trucking companies overwhelmingly prefer a type of natural gas CLNE doesn't sell.
- The firm's channel checks indicate that more than 90% of engines emerging from the Cummins-Westport (CMI; WPRT) joint venture are opting for compressed natural gas, which fleets can obtain for $1.50/gallon, instead of liquefied natural gas, which CLNE sells for at least $2.75/gallon.
- Also, the firm estimates CLNE will sell only 15M gallons of its Redeem fuel made from landfill gas next year; since CLNE will sell ~299M gallons of fuel in 2014, Redeem will not have a major impact on overall profit margins.
Sep. 26, 2013, 12:47 PM
Sep. 26, 2013, 9:46 AM| 5 Comments
Sep. 25, 2013, 5:35 PM
Sep. 25, 2013, 4:27 PM
Sep. 4, 2013, 11:04 AM
- Westport Innovations (WPRT +0.8%) enjoys a bump after Jim Cramer says WPRT is well positioned as more trucks turn to natural gas.
- CEO David Demmers tells Cramer that just 1% of all trucks in the U.S. are running on natural gas, but the trendline points to growth; many in the industry are racing to build the proper infrastructure to meet expected demand. (video)
- Nat gas is cleaner and cheaper than diesel, and wide availability in the U.S. and China will make it a popular energy source for years to come, the CEO says.
- WPRT also has a strong partnership with Ford, with its technology included in 11 vehicles and in the F-150 starting next year.
WPRT vs. ETF Alternatives
Westport Innovations Inc is a provider of high-performance, low-emission engine and fuel system technologies utilizing gaseous fuels. Its product includes specialized natural gas components, engine and vehicle systems for automotive & among others.
Other News & PR