Yesterday, 11:10 AM
- There's plenty of precedent for the recent market action, says Morgan Stanley's Adam Parker, noting the market has dropped more than 5% 16 times since March 2009, and each time has moved on to new highs.
- His half-glass view is that the economy is in the middle of its longest expansion ever, and a less-active Fed, a nervous consumer maybe saving more, a lower oil price, and a flattish dollar all argue for continued expansion.
- Morgan's top ideas to buy on the pullback: AGN, AMZN, AAPL, AVGO, BAC, BKU, DAL, GILD, GOOG, GOOGL, HLT, JPM, KR, LEN, LMCK, MGA, MBLY, NWL, QCOM, SABR, CRM, SBAC, SBUX, BX, TMO, VRSK, WWAV, XL.
Wed, Aug. 19, 11:38 AM
- Large food companies need to focus on bold M&A and innovation actions over recharging iconic brands, concludes Rabobank in a new report on the sector.
- A shift in consumer preferences has sparked a need to introduce new brands which are on trend - instead of focusing on "innovation-lite" and product reformulation strategies. Buying promising brands at an earlier stage than normal is seen as a forward-thinking strategy.
- Related stocks: KHC, MDLZ, PEP, KO, OTCPK:NSRGY, OTCPK:NSRGF, WWAV, HAIN, K, GIS, POST, CPB, PF, THS.
Fri, Aug. 7, 8:43 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) announces it will acquire Wallaby Yogurt Company for an undisclosed amount.
- The purchase will give the company a stronger presence in the natural yogurt channel.
- Napa Valley-based Wallaby has high concentration of availability in stores in California as well as at Whole Foods stores nationally.
Fri, Aug. 7, 8:18 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) rode strong sales growth in its Americas Foods & Beverages and Europe Foods & Beverages segments in Q2.
- The plant-based foods and beverages category saw sales growth of 26% Y/Y.
- The company expects a $0.06 benefit in 2016 from the acquisition of Vega.
- Guidance: WhiteWave expects Q3 sales of 14% to 15% and operating income growth in the high teens to low twenties rate. Full-year sales growth of 12% to 13% seen and EPS of $1.07-$1.10 vs. $1.14 consensus.
- Previously: WhiteWave Foods beats by $0.01, misses on revenue
- WWAV -4.41% premarket to $48.38.
Fri, Aug. 7, 8:02 AM
Thu, Aug. 6, 5:30 PM
Fri, Jul. 17, 9:19 AM
- Today's read on consumer prices led to a completely different story for milk and eggs.
- The broad milk price category was down 1.1% M/M and 7.1% Y/Y to offer some relief for a wide variety of companies that includes McDonald's (NYSE:MCD), Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO), Dean Foods (NYSE:DF), WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV), and General Mills (NYSE:GIS). Milk prices also fell in April and May.
- Egg prices skyrocketed 18.3% M/M and are now 22% higher from a year ago on an unadjusted basis. Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) has been shooting higher all year off of elevated egg prices amid an avian flu outbreak.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics CPI data
Thu, Jun. 18, 12:22 PM
Wed, Jun. 10, 7:40 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) acquires Vega for $550M.
- Vegas is active in the growing plant-based nutrition industry and reported sales of over $100M for the last 12 months.
- WhiteWave expects the impact of the purchase to be neutral to slightly positive to EPS in 2015 and add $0.06 to EPS in 2016.
- The deal is expected to close in Q3.
Wed, May 27, 11:03 AM
Wed, May 13, 8:54 AM
- Oppenheimer is out with a warning on consumer staples stocks.
- The investment firm notes the sector underperformed during the last three cycles of rising interest rates.
- Jarden (NYSE:JAH) and WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) are the top sector picks of Oppenheimer come interest rates hikes or not.
- Consumer staples ETFs: XLP, VDC, FXG, RHS, FSTA, PSL, PSCC.
Fri, May 8, 9:46 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) reports organic sales rose 10% in Q1, excluding results of So Delicious.
- Segment sales: Americas Foods & Beverages: $640.73M (+15%); Americas Fresh Foods: $139.65M (-4%); Europe Foods & Beverages: $130.77M (+4%).
- Adjusted gross margin rate increased 93 bps to 33.84%.
- Adjusted operating margin rate improved 48 bps to 8.20%.
- Q2 Guidance: Net sales growth: high-single to low-double digits % (low-teens on a constant currency basis); Adjusted operating income growth: low-teens %; Interest expense: $14M to $16M; Adjusted diluted EPS: $0.21 to $0.23; Adjusted Diluted EPS Excluding China J.V.: $0.23 to $0.25; Interest Neutral Adj. Diluted EPS Excluding China J.V.: $0.25 to $0.27.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales growth: low-double digits % (low-teens on a constant currency basis); Adjusted operating income growth: high-teens %; Interest expense: ~$54M to $57M; Tax rate: ~35%; Adjusted diluted EPS: $1.03 to $1.07; Adjusted Diluted EPS Excluding China J.V.: $1.10 to $1.14; Interest Neutral Adj. Diluted EPS Excluding China J.V.: $1.16 to $1.20; Capital expenditure: ~$325M to $350M.
Fri, May 8, 9:16 AM| 4 Comments
Fri, May 8, 8:03 AM
Thu, May 7, 5:30 PM
Wed, Apr. 15, 11:34 AM
- Organic food sales rose 11% to $35.9B in 2014, according to the Organic Trade Association.
- The revenue tally for organic food accounted for 5% of all food sales in the U.S.
- Data from the trade group indicated 90% of households on the West Coast and in New England actively buy organic food.
- The strong growth rate for organic food is part of the rationale behind Target's major food initiative.
- Organic food sellers/producers: THS, SFM, FWM, TFM, WFM, HAIN, WWAV, OTCPK:GPDB, LWAY, UNFI, GIS through Annie's.
WWAV vs. ETF Alternatives
The Whitewave Foods Company operates as a consumer packaged food and beverage company. The Company manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells branded plant-based foods and beverages, coffee creamers and beverages, and premium dairy products.
Other News & PR