Wed, Mar. 25, 9:27 AM
- Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN), Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF), and WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) are all setting up for gains today after the Heinz-Kraft merger raises the M&A profile in the sector.
- Previously: Kraft, Heinz announce merger
- Previously: Food sector on watch after mega-merger announced
- Premarket trading: HAIN +1.9%, WWAV +1.9%, PF +1.0%.
Dec. 22, 2014, 10:39 AM
- Wells Fargo turns the spotlight back on the potential unlocked by a combination of Coca-Cola (KO +1.1%) and WhiteWave Foods (WWAV +1.2%).
- The investment firm thinks a deal, full or partial acquisition, is more likely with Coca-Cola in a "partnership" frame of mind.
- WhiteWave brings new categories to the table, while Coca-Cola's enormous distribution network could take WWAV to the next level.
May 29, 2014, 10:03 AM
- Shares of WhiteWave Foods (WWAV +4.6%), Dean Foods (DF +1.3%), and Sanderson Farms (SAFM +2.7%) are higher after Tyson Foods tops the bid of Pilgrim's Pride for Hillshire Brands.
- Though consolidation in the food sector is expected to pick up, some analysts warn the takeover premium in select stocks is getting played out.
Dec. 9, 2013, 6:47 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (WWAV) is acquiring Earthbound Farm - the largest organic produce brand in North America - for $600M in cash
- The acquisition is expected to be accretive to EPS (+$0.07 before transaction costs) in the first year after close. Subject to regulatory approvals etc., it is expected to be completed during Q1 2014. WhiteWave plans to operate Earthbound Farm as a separate business unit.
- Earthbound's anticipated 2013 net sales are over $500M.
- WhiteWave will fund the acquisition with borrowings under its existing credit facilities, and intends to increase its credit facilities by $500M to fund further growth.
May 23, 2013, 7:05 PMWhiteWave (WWAV) announces the completion of its spinoff from Dean Foods (DF). In addition, its board has authorized a $150M share repurchase program. The primary purpose of the program will be to offset dilution from WhiteWave’s equity compensation plans, but the company reserves the option to make discretionary, opportunistic purchases as well. WWAV +0.7%, DF +0.3% AH. | Comment!
WWAV vs. ETF Alternatives
The Whitewave Foods Company operates as a consumer packaged food and beverage company. The Company manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells branded plant-based foods and beverages, coffee creamers and beverages, and premium dairy products.
Other News & PR