May. 15, 2014, 6:57 PM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) says it reached a new multi-year television deal with NBCUniversal for Raw to return to the USA Network and Smackdown to run on Syfy.
- An early afternoon report tipping off the deal sent shares 3% higher during regular trading but have plunged 20.2% AH, perhaps because the actual announcement failed to include financial terms.
- WWE also says it expects to potentially double or triple its 2012 operating income before depreciation and amortization to $125M-$200M by 2015, based on an aggressive ramp of 2M-2.5M subscribers.
May. 1, 2014, 8:48 AM| Comment!
Apr. 25, 2014, 3:01 PM| Comment!
Apr. 15, 2014, 11:53 AM
Apr. 11, 2014, 3:58 PM
- "World Wrestling (WWE -3.9%) is facing multiple challenging factors, including underwhelming subscription figures for their WWE network in addition to a multi-year negative earnings trend, suggesting that the firms' intrinsic value is materially lower than the current stock price," says Emmanuel Lemelson, who made the case for shorting the stock a few weeks back on Seeking Alpha, and updated his argument after Monday's disappointing video channel subscriber numbers.
- "The stock may have gotten a little ahead of itself, and a lot of momentum names have been fading," concedes The Vertical Group's Kim Opiatowski, but the subscription numbers were good ones. He continues to rate the name a Buy with $33 price target.
- Lemelson puts fair value at no more than $11.88 per share.
Apr. 7, 2014, 12:45 PM
Apr. 7, 2014, 11:53 AM
- Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE -19.9%) are slammed after the company releases subscriber totals for its online video channel.
- A sub count of 667K is below early expectations for a mark of closer to a million.
- WWE had almost double YTD on enthusiasm over the online venture before today's selling frenzy.
Mar. 17, 2014, 9:49 AM
- Media analysts think that if Vince McMahon decides to sell off his controlling stake in World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE +0.1%) that a host of buyers would be waiting in the wings.
- The "attractive" WWE franchise could be of interest to Comcast or Madison Square Garden with its streaming model just starting to take hold.
- Shares of WWE got a push higher last week off a rumor that AMC Networks wanted to convince Vince to sell.
Mar. 13, 2014, 2:14 PM
- Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE +0.6%) spiked higher in mid-day trading on a rumor that AMC Networks is interested in buying the company.
- The 7% rally in WWE to all-time highs has been quickly deflated.
Feb. 25, 2014, 9:35 AM
- The streaming debut of the WWE Network (WWE) had a few glitches, but is now back up and running.
- The on-demand part of the company's website and app didn't perform perfectly due in part to high demand after the midnight launch.
- The WWE streaming service will be an early test to see if online viewers will pay to watch live sports and entertainment.
- Related: Just last week, 120 Sports (TWX) announced an online sports venture that looks to be disruptive.
Feb. 20, 2014, 8:41 AM| Comment!
Feb. 20, 2014, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Feb. 19, 2014, 5:30 PM| 3 Comments
Feb. 14, 2014, 1:25 PM| Comment!
Oct. 31, 2013, 8:45 AM
Oct. 25, 2013, 4:26 PM| Comment!
WWE vs. ETF Alternatives
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc is engaged in the development, production & marketing of television & pay-per-view event programming and live events & the licensing & sale of consumer products featuring its World Wrestling Entertainment brands.
Other News & PR