Mon, Mar. 30, 1:06 PM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE -16%) falls sharply lower after the company discloses some streaming subscriber information.
- CEO Vince McMahon says the online TV network has 1.3M subscribers after running a free promotion in February.
- Execs indicated during Q&A that they would stick with a pricing of $9.99 for the service.
- A total subscriber count of 3M to 4M users is still the company's goal.
- Shares of WWE are still up 13.2% YTD despite today's slide.
- WWE Network Wrestlemania conference call webcast.
Thu, Feb. 12, 9:15 AM| 5 Comments
Thu, Feb. 12, 9:05 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) trades higher after the company tops earnings estimates.
- Network segment revenue was up 64% during the period.
- Revenue from the Asia Pacific region topped $10M for the first time.
- Consumer product revenue +22.9% to $20.4M.
- WWE Network subs +12% Q/Q to 816K.
- WWE +6.58% premarket to $14.25.
Thu, Feb. 12, 9:01 AM| Comment!
Oct. 30, 2014, 9:18 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) reports its WWE Network expanded to 731K subscribers in Q3.
- 31K subscriber were added during the period - 3K in the U.S. and 28K international.
- The company's media division increased revenue by 5.8% to $76.9M.
- Live events revenue -13.1% to $21.8M.
- Strategy: The company plans a new pricing plan of $9.99 per month beginning on November 1.
- WWE +1.7% premarket.
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:57 AM| Comment!
Oct. 22, 2014, 2:37 PM
- Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE -7.1%) slide lower again as sentiment remains shaky following a short presentation yesterday by Mangrove Partners.
- "We think people are really unhappy and that the number of [[streaming]] additions is going to prove very disappointing," warns analyst Nathaniel August.
Jul. 31, 2014, 3:58 PM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE +3.2%) is an unusual gainer in an otherwise down day, after reporting a smaller than expected Q2 loss and announcing a 10-year deal with Rogers Media to be the exclusive distribution partner of all WWE pay-per-view events throughout Canada.
- The company plans to get its WWE Network to 1.4M subscribers; almost twice the number it had at the end of Q2; to achieve that, it announces new pricing options and plans to cut its workforce by 7%.
Jul. 17, 2014, 12:15 PM
- Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE +6.5%) move higher on heavy volume on renewed buyout speculation.
- The M&A buzz in the media sector kicked into a higher gear yesterday after 21st Century Fox made an offer for Time Warner.
- Though the streaming sub growth at WWE hasn't dazzled, analysts think the initiative could still draw interest from a company on the distribution side of the business.
May. 16, 2014, 12:46 PM
May. 16, 2014, 9:17 AM
May. 15, 2014, 6:57 PM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) says it reached a new multi-year television deal with NBCUniversal for Raw to return to the USA Network and Smackdown to run on Syfy.
- An early afternoon report tipping off the deal sent shares 3% higher during regular trading but have plunged 20.2% AH, perhaps because the actual announcement failed to include financial terms.
- WWE also says it expects to potentially double or triple its 2012 operating income before depreciation and amortization to $125M-$200M by 2015, based on an aggressive ramp of 2M-2.5M subscribers.
Apr. 11, 2014, 3:58 PM
- "World Wrestling (WWE -3.9%) is facing multiple challenging factors, including underwhelming subscription figures for their WWE network in addition to a multi-year negative earnings trend, suggesting that the firms' intrinsic value is materially lower than the current stock price," says Emmanuel Lemelson, who made the case for shorting the stock a few weeks back on Seeking Alpha, and updated his argument after Monday's disappointing video channel subscriber numbers.
- "The stock may have gotten a little ahead of itself, and a lot of momentum names have been fading," concedes The Vertical Group's Kim Opiatowski, but the subscription numbers were good ones. He continues to rate the name a Buy with $33 price target.
- Lemelson puts fair value at no more than $11.88 per share.
Apr. 7, 2014, 12:45 PM
Apr. 7, 2014, 11:53 AM
- Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE -19.9%) are slammed after the company releases subscriber totals for its online video channel.
- A sub count of 667K is below early expectations for a mark of closer to a million.
- WWE had almost double YTD on enthusiasm over the online venture before today's selling frenzy.
Mar. 13, 2014, 2:14 PM
- Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE +0.6%) spiked higher in mid-day trading on a rumor that AMC Networks is interested in buying the company.
- The 7% rally in WWE to all-time highs has been quickly deflated.
WWE vs. ETF Alternatives
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc is an integrated media and entertainment company. It is engaged in the production and distribution of content through various channels including digital over-the-top (OTT) WWE Network, live events and feature films.
Other News & PR