Oct. 30, 2014, 9:18 AM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE:WWE) reports its WWE Network expanded to 731K subscribers in Q3.
- 31K subscriber were added during the period - 3K in the U.S. and 28K international.
- The company's media division increased revenue by 5.8% to $76.9M.
- Live events revenue -13.1% to $21.8M.
- Strategy: The company plans a new pricing plan of $9.99 per month beginning on November 1.
- WWE +1.7% premarket.
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:57 AM| Comment!
Oct. 22, 2014, 2:37 PM
- Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE -7.1%) slide lower again as sentiment remains shaky following a short presentation yesterday by Mangrove Partners.
- "We think people are really unhappy and that the number of [[streaming]] additions is going to prove very disappointing," warns analyst Nathaniel August.
Jul. 31, 2014, 3:58 PM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE +3.2%) is an unusual gainer in an otherwise down day, after reporting a smaller than expected Q2 loss and announcing a 10-year deal with Rogers Media to be the exclusive distribution partner of all WWE pay-per-view events throughout Canada.
- The company plans to get its WWE Network to 1.4M subscribers; almost twice the number it had at the end of Q2; to achieve that, it announces new pricing options and plans to cut its workforce by 7%.
Jul. 17, 2014, 12:15 PM
- Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE +6.5%) move higher on heavy volume on renewed buyout speculation.
- The M&A buzz in the media sector kicked into a higher gear yesterday after 21st Century Fox made an offer for Time Warner.
- Though the streaming sub growth at WWE hasn't dazzled, analysts think the initiative could still draw interest from a company on the distribution side of the business.
May. 16, 2014, 12:46 PM
May. 16, 2014, 9:17 AM
May. 15, 2014, 6:57 PM
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) says it reached a new multi-year television deal with NBCUniversal for Raw to return to the USA Network and Smackdown to run on Syfy.
- An early afternoon report tipping off the deal sent shares 3% higher during regular trading but have plunged 20.2% AH, perhaps because the actual announcement failed to include financial terms.
- WWE also says it expects to potentially double or triple its 2012 operating income before depreciation and amortization to $125M-$200M by 2015, based on an aggressive ramp of 2M-2.5M subscribers.
Apr. 11, 2014, 3:58 PM
- "World Wrestling (WWE -3.9%) is facing multiple challenging factors, including underwhelming subscription figures for their WWE network in addition to a multi-year negative earnings trend, suggesting that the firms' intrinsic value is materially lower than the current stock price," says Emmanuel Lemelson, who made the case for shorting the stock a few weeks back on Seeking Alpha, and updated his argument after Monday's disappointing video channel subscriber numbers.
- "The stock may have gotten a little ahead of itself, and a lot of momentum names have been fading," concedes The Vertical Group's Kim Opiatowski, but the subscription numbers were good ones. He continues to rate the name a Buy with $33 price target.
- Lemelson puts fair value at no more than $11.88 per share.
Apr. 7, 2014, 12:45 PM
Apr. 7, 2014, 11:53 AM
- Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE -19.9%) are slammed after the company releases subscriber totals for its online video channel.
- A sub count of 667K is below early expectations for a mark of closer to a million.
- WWE had almost double YTD on enthusiasm over the online venture before today's selling frenzy.
Mar. 13, 2014, 2:14 PM
- Shares of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE +0.6%) spiked higher in mid-day trading on a rumor that AMC Networks is interested in buying the company.
- The 7% rally in WWE to all-time highs has been quickly deflated.
May. 3, 2012, 11:07 AMWorld Wrestling Entertainment (WWE +10.1%) trades higher after smashing the estimates of analysts with its Q1 report. Revenues in North America increased 4% Y/Y to $93M, led by the performance of the Live and Televised Entertainment segment. Looking forward, international growth could be the story for the company after 3 events in Abu Dhabi drew close to 15K people in attendance at each with an average ticket price of $147. | Comment!
Mar. 7, 2012, 12:46 PMWorld Wrestling Entertainment (WWE -1.1%) dips after Roth Capital cut the shares downgraded to Neutral on the back of its the lower-than-expected Q4 report and expected weakness post-Wrestlemania when The Rock's storyline ends April 1. The firm also lowers its price target to $10 from $13. | Comment!
WWE vs. ETF Alternatives
World Wrestling Entertainment Inc is engaged in the development, production & marketing of television & pay-per-view event programming and live events & the licensing & sale of consumer products featuring its World Wrestling Entertainment brands.
Other News & PR