Dec. 11, 2013, 3:07 PM| Comment!
Oct. 9, 2013, 6:50 PM
- Scores of companies in nearly 200 public filings have cautioned investors that their businesses could suffer from the government shutdown, now in its ninth day.
- J.C. Penney (JCP), Wolverine World Wide (WWW) and Humana (HUM), for example, all warned this week of potential bottom-line consequences of federal furloughs and agency closures; corporate M&A plans also appear to be on hold as executives await a return to normal.
- Every week the government is closed trims economic output by ~$1.6B, or 0.16 percentage point for the quarter, according to research firm IHS, and "if the shutdown drags on, the effects will start to add up."
- The last fight, in 1995-96, impacted consumer confidence; with the year-end shopping season approaching, that's critical, especially for retailers.
- ETFs: RTH, PMR, XRT, RETL, XLP, VDC, FXG, IYK, PSL, RHS, PSCC, UGE, SZK, XLY, VCR, FXD, IYC, PEZ, RCD, PSCD, UCC, SCC.
Oct. 8, 2013, 9:09 AM| Comment!
Oct. 8, 2013, 6:38 AM| Comment!
Oct. 8, 2013, 12:05 AM
Oct. 7, 2013, 5:30 PM
Oct. 2, 2013, 9:28 AM
- Consumers in China are shifting their preferences to lifestyle brands, according to Credit Suisse.
- The trend is sparked by the younger generation which is eager to wear different styles than their parents.
- Luxury brands such as Louis Vuitton (LVMHF.PK) and Dunhill could suffer as the lifestyle brands gain relevance and the high-end premium trims.
- Tapped for success in China: Adidas (ADDYY.PK), Lululemon (LULU), Ralph Lauren (RL), Wolverine Worldwide (WWW), VF Corporation (VFC).
Jul. 11, 2013, 1:55 PM
Jul. 9, 2013, 9:12 AM
Jul. 9, 2013, 6:49 AM
Jul. 9, 2013, 6:34 AM
Jul. 9, 2013, 12:05 AM
Jul. 8, 2013, 5:30 PM
Jun. 28, 2013, 3:25 PMIt's a pretty good day to be long shoe stocks after reports from Nike (NKE +2.4%) and Finish Line (FINL +4.2%) set the tone early and analysts jump on the bandwagon with positive comments on the sector: Advancers: Foot Locker (FL) +2.9%, Deckers Outdoor (DECK) +3.0%, Wolverine Worldwide (WWW) +2.2%, Crocs (CROX) +2.2%, Shoe Carnival (SCHL) +1.3%, Brown Shoe (BWS) +1.6%. | 2 Comments
Apr. 18, 2013, 11:13 AM
Apr. 16, 2013, 10:03 AMWolverine Worldwide (WWW +4.7%) trades higher after the retailer beat estimates with its Q1 report. Recent acquisitions of the Sperry Top-Sider, Saucony, Stride Rite, and Keds brands helped boost the company's revenue haul, but higher costs drove down the gross margin rate by 40 bps Y/Y to 40.6% during the period. | Comment!
WWW vs. ETF Alternatives
Wolverine World Wide Inc is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of casual footwear and apparel, performance outdoor and athletic footwear and apparel, children's footwear, industrial work boots and apparel, and uniform shoes and boots.
Other News & PR