Dec. 4, 2014, 10:31 AM
- Shares of Destination Maternity (DEST -7.8%) slide after the company misses earnings estimates.
- A frank assessment from the company on a misfire with its assortment to millennial-aged moms-to-be strikes a bit of a chord across the apparel and department store sector.
- Many of the earnings hits and misses this quarter have been tied to on-trend or off-trend assortments. A millennial group which is hard to nail down is becoming a bigger part of that puzzle.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, KORS, UA, GIII, SQBG, HBI, SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, SHLD, BONT, GPS, GES, URBN, TJX.
Nov. 6, 2014, 1:27 PM
- Apparel seller Ann issued a warning today on the impact of labor uncertainty at West Coast ports as part of its Q4 guidance.
- The retailer expects $8M in extra air freight costs due to product shipment delays.
- There's also been some reports of delays at ports in the Seattle and Tacoma area which account for 16% of container cargo traffic on the West Coast.
- Analysts fret that more companies will resort to air freight to ensure stores are stocked in front of the Black Friday rush.
- Apparel and footwear stocks: SKX, FL, VRA, ICON, NKE, WWW, DECK, CROX, SHOO, BWS, KATE, ANN, PERY, LULU, RL, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, KORS, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, RL.
Oct. 14, 2014, 11:34 AM
- Wolverine World Wide (NYSE:WWW) reports revenue for its Lifestyle Group segment fell 6.7% to $177.9M in Q3, while the Performance Group saw a revenue increase of 2.2% to $257.1M.
- Adjusted operating margin expanded 70 bps to 13.8% while Gross margin was 40% vs. 39.9% in the prior period.
- The Company expects full-year revenue of $2.75B and adjusted diluted EPS of $1.57-$1.63.
Oct. 14, 2014, 6:36 AM| Comment!
Oct. 13, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 7, 2014, 3:09 PM| 1 Comment
Jul. 15, 2014, 8:47 AM| Comment!
Jul. 15, 2014, 7:03 AM
- Wolverine Worldwide (NYSE:WWW) reports revenue for its LifeStyle Group segment rose 8.9% to $264.1M in Q2, while the Performance Group saw a revenue increase of 11.5% to $211.2M.
- Adjusted operating margin improved 140 bps to 9.0% during the period. Gross margin fell 90 bps due to heavier promotional activity.
- The company announced a strategic realignment plan which includes stores closure and other initiatives.
Jul. 15, 2014, 6:31 AM| Comment!
Jul. 14, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 10, 2014, 11:06 AM| Comment!
May 22, 2014, 9:53 AM
- A slip in retail sales in Canada was led by a surprising drop in demand for shoes.
- Data from Statistics Canada showed sales at shoe stores fell 5.3% M/M and 6.0% Y/Y during March to mark the biggest drop in any retail subcategory.
- Related stocks: CROX, DECK, WWW, SHOO, SKX, SCHL, BWS, FL, NKE.
- Full report (.pdf)
Apr. 29, 2014, 6:55 AM
Apr. 29, 2014, 6:41 AM| Comment!
Apr. 22, 2014, 2:49 PM| Comment!
Feb. 18, 2014, 6:57 AM
- Wolverine Worldwide (WWW) announces it managed to lowers its level of inventory in Q4 compared to a year ago despite a "challenging" holiday season that cut into results.
- Revenue for the Lifestyle Group segment was up 25.9% to $265.3M.
- Gross margin rose 50 bps to 37.2% during the quarter.
- The company says it expects full-year revenue to grow 3%-6% to $2.775B-$2.85B.
WWW vs. ETF Alternatives
Wolverine World Wide Inc is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of casual footwear and apparel, performance outdoor and athletic footwear and apparel, children's footwear, industrial work boots and apparel, and uniform shoes and boots.
Other News & PR