Aug. 27, 2014, 7:27 AM
- The company's 430-acre campus in Federal Way, WA "is costly and too large for our needs," says CEO Doyle Simons, who also adds the move to Seattle will give Weyerhaeuser (NYSE:WY) access to a larger talent pool.
- The move - expected to take place in 2016 - will be to a new development in Seattle's Pioneer Square district, and the Federal Way land and buildings will be sold.
- Press release
Aug. 14, 2014, 8:34 AM
Aug. 14, 2014, 12:26 AM
Aug. 1, 2014, 5:56 AM
Jul. 31, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 24, 2014, 3:21 PM
- Weyerhaeuser (WY -0.5%) and DuPont Pioneer announce a technology license agreement to advance seed technologies.
- "The agreement brings together agricultural and forestry know-how to sustainably improve crop productivity for corn growers around the world ... The manufactured seed technology allows for the storage, nourishment, planting and germination of cells capable of growing into a plant."
- Source: Press Release
Jul. 19, 2014, 8:25 AM
- The derivatives research team at UBS lists six companies on which investors should not use an option strategy, as it expects near-term catalysts to drive the stocks higher.
- Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF): UBS cites continuing share repurchases, leaner inventory and improving fashion offerings as possible catalysts.
- Air Products (NYSE:APD): Don't overwrite or hedge the stock for 60 days, UBS says, as it sees activist investors becoming more aggressive in the name over the next two months.
- PetSmart (NASDAQ:PETM): Activist pressure to unlock value has stepped up, and the company is talking with Wall Street banks for possible strategies.
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA): The UBS team says the possibility of a Gigafactory announcement could boost the stock, which has long been volatile.
- Teva Pharma (NYSE:TEVA): It is well positioned to take advantage of the high number of branded drugs going off-patent in coming years, and there's no way UBS is hedging the stock with M&A rampant in the sector.
- Weyerhaeuser (NYSE:WY): UBS expects volatility after it completes a corporate structural change, and an expected capital allocation announcement could prove to be a catalyst.
Jul. 7, 2014, 12:26 PM| Jul. 7, 2014, 12:26 PM | Comment!
May 12, 2014, 4:59 PM
- The split-off is in connection with the "Reverse Morris Trust" deal in which TRI Point Homes (TPH) is merging with Weyerhaeuser's (WY) homebuilding division.
- Weyerhaeuser owners will have the option to exchange some or all of their shares for WRECO shares which will be immediately converted into the right to receive TPH shares upon closing of the deal. The exchange offer will end up lowering the Weyerhaeuser float.
- Source: Press Release
Apr. 25, 2014, 11:42 AM
- Timberlands segment net sales of $377M up from $364M in Q4, with contribution to pre-tax earnings of $164M up from $134M. The Q2 outlook is for comparable earnings as boosted Chinese export log sales will be more than offset by lower average prices.
- Wood Products segment net sales of $898M fell from $926M in Q4, with contribution to pre-tax earnings of $64M up from $58M, "despite the effect of the severe winter weather." The Q2 outlook is for significantly higher earnings thanks to seasonally higher sales across all product lines and slightly higher prices for OSB and engineered wood products.
- Cellulose Fibers segment net sales of $461M vs. $478M in Q4. Q2 outlook is for significantly higher earnings.
- Real Estate net sales of $248M down from $488M due to seasonal issues.
- Previously: Weyerhaeuser EPS beats, revenue misses
- WY +1.7%
Apr. 25, 2014, 4:10 AM
Apr. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 10, 2014, 4:27 PM
Feb. 13, 2014, 3:54 PM
Feb. 3, 2014, 9:15 AM
WY vs. ETF Alternatives
Weyerhaeuser Co is a real estate investment trust. It is a private owner of timberlands. The Company owns or controls nearly seven million acres of timberlandsin the U.S., and managesadditional timberlands under long-term licenses in Canada.
Other News & PR