Aug. 1, 2014, 5:56 AM
Jul. 31, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 24, 2014, 3:21 PM
- Weyerhaeuser (WY -0.5%) and DuPont Pioneer announce a technology license agreement to advance seed technologies.
- "The agreement brings together agricultural and forestry know-how to sustainably improve crop productivity for corn growers around the world ... The manufactured seed technology allows for the storage, nourishment, planting and germination of cells capable of growing into a plant."
- Source: Press Release
Jul. 19, 2014, 8:25 AM
- The derivatives research team at UBS lists six companies on which investors should not use an option strategy, as it expects near-term catalysts to drive the stocks higher.
- Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF): UBS cites continuing share repurchases, leaner inventory and improving fashion offerings as possible catalysts.
- Air Products (NYSE:APD): Don't overwrite or hedge the stock for 60 days, UBS says, as it sees activist investors becoming more aggressive in the name over the next two months.
- PetSmart (NASDAQ:PETM): Activist pressure to unlock value has stepped up, and the company is talking with Wall Street banks for possible strategies.
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA): The UBS team says the possibility of a Gigafactory announcement could boost the stock, which has long been volatile.
- Teva Pharma (NYSE:TEVA): It is well positioned to take advantage of the high number of branded drugs going off-patent in coming years, and there's no way UBS is hedging the stock with M&A rampant in the sector.
- Weyerhaeuser (NYSE:WY): UBS expects volatility after it completes a corporate structural change, and an expected capital allocation announcement could prove to be a catalyst.
Jul. 7, 2014, 12:26 PM| Comment!
May 12, 2014, 4:59 PM
- The split-off is in connection with the "Reverse Morris Trust" deal in which TRI Point Homes (TPH) is merging with Weyerhaeuser's (WY) homebuilding division.
- Weyerhaeuser owners will have the option to exchange some or all of their shares for WRECO shares which will be immediately converted into the right to receive TPH shares upon closing of the deal. The exchange offer will end up lowering the Weyerhaeuser float.
- Source: Press Release
Apr. 25, 2014, 11:42 AM
- Timberlands segment net sales of $377M up from $364M in Q4, with contribution to pre-tax earnings of $164M up from $134M. The Q2 outlook is for comparable earnings as boosted Chinese export log sales will be more than offset by lower average prices.
- Wood Products segment net sales of $898M fell from $926M in Q4, with contribution to pre-tax earnings of $64M up from $58M, "despite the effect of the severe winter weather." The Q2 outlook is for significantly higher earnings thanks to seasonally higher sales across all product lines and slightly higher prices for OSB and engineered wood products.
- Cellulose Fibers segment net sales of $461M vs. $478M in Q4. Q2 outlook is for significantly higher earnings.
- Real Estate net sales of $248M down from $488M due to seasonal issues.
- Previously: Weyerhaeuser EPS beats, revenue misses
- WY +1.7%
Apr. 25, 2014, 4:10 AM
Apr. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 10, 2014, 4:27 PM
Feb. 13, 2014, 3:54 PM
Feb. 3, 2014, 9:15 AM
Jan. 31, 2014, 7:23 AM
- Weyerhaeuser's (WY) net profit dropped to $43M from $143M a year earlier, with the latest figures hurt by after-tax charges of $114 million for special items.
- Revenue from wood products fell to $926M from $1.03B in Q3, due to "unusually severe weather."
- Weyerhaeuser expects higher earnings from its Timberlands and Wood Products segments in Q1. The company also forecasts higher average selling prices for lumber, seasonally higher sales volumes across most product lines, and improved operating rates.
- However, Weyerhaeuser predicts that its earnings from its Cellulose Fibers segment will fall, with slightly lower pulp sales volumes, increased maintenance costs, and higher fiber and labor costs.
- Weyerhaeuser expects a modest profit from its single family homebuilding operations in the quarter, with closings seen falling seasonally to around 600 homes; however, the company forecasts higher average closing prices. (PR)
Jan. 31, 2014, 3:21 AM| Comment!
Jan. 31, 2014, 12:05 AM
WY vs. ETF Alternatives
Weyerhaeuser Co is a real estate investment trust. It is a private owner of timberlands. The Company owns or controls nearly seven million acres of timberlandsin the U.S., and managesadditional timberlands under long-term licenses in Canada.
Other News & PR