Tue, Feb. 10, 10:11 AM
- Strong earnings reports from Starwood Hotels & Resorts (HOT +6.4%) and Wyndham Worldwide (WYN +7.1%) have given a boost to the lodging sector.
- The group is showing improved efficiency as demand and pricing stays ahead of the rate of capacity growth.
- Gainers: Hyatt Hotels (NYSE:H) +3.8%, Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) +3.6%, Intercontinental Hotels (NYSE:IHG) +2.7%, Choice Hotels International (NYSE:CHH) +2.1%, Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) +1.4%, Extended Stay America (NYSE:STAY) +1.2%, Morgans Hotel Group (NASDAQ:MHGC) +1.2%.
- Associated with the sector, Priceline (PCLN +1.8%) and Orbitz Worldwide (OWW +3.1%) are also trading above market averages.
Tue, Feb. 10, 8:36 AM
- Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN) reports strong growth across segments in Q4.
- Segment revenue: Lodging +9.0% to $267M; Vacations Exchange and Rentals +2% to $311M; Vacation Ownership +1.5% to $668M.
- Operating expenses +4.6% to $1.076B.
- Total REVPAR +5.0% Y/Y.
- Domestci REVPAR +8.6%.
- International REVPAR -7.8%.
- WYN +3.1% premarket.
Oct. 1, 2014, 1:41 PM
- Concerns about the Ebola case in Dallas have contributed to a downward swing in hotel stocks
- The group has been one of the harder hit sectors on the day.
- Decliners: Starwood Hotels (NYSE:HOT) -3.8%, Hyatt Hotels (NYSE:H) -3.1%, Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) -1.4%, Diamond Resorts (NYSE:DRII) -3.0%, InterContinental Hotels Group (NYSE:IHG) -2.6%, Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN) -3.3%, La Quinta (NYSE:LQ) -1.7%, Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) -3.5%, Red Lion Hotels (NYSE:RLH) -2.3%, Choice Hotels International (NYSE:CHH) -2.3%.
- Previous coverage on Ebola impact
Mar. 30, 2012, 11:58 AM
Feb. 8, 2012, 3:29 PMWyndham Worldwide (WYN +5.6%) moves up after its Q4 beat Street estimates earlier today. Net earnings fell 28% Y/Y on a write-down in its lodging business, but core earnings were ahead of forecasts. The company also announced a 53% increase in its quarterly dividend to $0.23 from $0.15 per share. | Comment!
Oct. 26, 2011, 2:31 PMWyndham Worldwide (WYN +3.5%) is trading higher after its Q3 EPS beat estimates this morning. Earnings improved 12% on increased rental revenue and lodging sales growth. The company also raises FY11 guidance, now expecting earnings of around $2.41 - $2.45 per share, up from its prior target of $2.32 - $2.40. | Comment!
Aug. 2, 2011, 12:02 PM
WYN vs. ETF Alternatives
Wyndham Worldwide Corp is a hospitality company, offering individual consumers and business customers a suite of hospitality products and services. It operates three segments including, lodging, vacation exchange and rentals and vacation ownership.
Other News & PR