5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
PR Newswire (Mon, 7:00AM)
PR Newswire (Mar 5, 2014)
PR Newswire (Mar 4, 2014)
Xilinx Introduces UltraScale Multi-Processing Architecture for the Industry's First All Programmable MPSoCsPR Newswire (Feb 24, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 24, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 13, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Feb 11, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 11, 2014)
Xilinx and Xylon Announce logiADAK Automotive Driver Assistance Kit Enabling Systems with up to Six CamerasPR Newswire (Feb 11, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 10, 2014)
PR Newswire (Feb 4, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 22, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 22, 2014)
PR Newswire (Jan 22, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 21, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 21, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 15, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jan 2, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 20, 2013)
XLNX vs. ETF Alternatives
Tuesday, Feb 119:49 AM
Tuesday, Feb 119:49 AM| 1 Comment
- Alcatel-Lucent (ALU -3.7%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley four days after rallying in response to its Q4 report.
- CenturyLink (CTL +2.2%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Macquarie ahead of tomorrow's Q4 report.
- Sohu (SOHU -4.8%) has been cut to Underweight by Morgan Stanley a day after the company and subsidiary Changyou posted mixed Q4 results and offered weak Q1 guidance.
- Finisar (FNSR +3.9%) has been upgraded to Buy by Jefferies. Rivals JDS Uniphase and Oclaro have delivered market-pleasing earnings reports in recent weeks.
- Allscripts (MDRX +2.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by Maxim. Q4 results are due on Feb. 20.
- Xilinx (XLNX +1.6%) has been started at Buy by MKM.
Tuesday, Feb 118:03 AM
Tuesday, Jan 215:46 PM
Tuesday, Jan 214:46 PM
Tuesday, Jan 214:46 PM| Comment!
- Xilinx (XLNX) shares are off 3.6% AH following the company's FQ3 report, which delivered a $13.6M top-line miss.
- Management guides for FQ4 revenue of $598.7M-$622.2M (+2%-6% sequentially) vs. analyst expectations ranging from $610M-$632M (average of $621.1M). Opex in FQ4 is seen at $226M.
- Revenue from 28nm products hit $100M during the quarter, driven by sales of Kintex-7 and the Zynq-7000 family (which more than doubled sequentially).
- Expansion in Asia-Pacific led the way, contributing 40% of revenue in FQ3 (up from 34% in FQ3 FY2013).
- PR, Conference call at 5pm ET
- Shares of Altera (ALTR) are off 0.6% AH in sympathy.
Tuesday, Jan 214:23 PM
Tuesday, Jan 2112:10 AM
Monday, Jan 205:35 PM
Wednesday, Jan 159:58 AM
Wednesday, Jan 159:58 AM| Comment!
- Intel (INTC +0.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by BMO a day after JPMorgan upgraded shares to Overweight. Both moves come ahead of tomorrow's Q4 report.
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS -3.3%) has been cut to Underperform by Pac Crest ahead of its Jan. 28 FQ3 report.
- Fortinet (FTNT +2.3%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Wedbush two days after Morgan Stanley upped shares to Overweight. Q4 results are due on Jan. 29.
- Xilinx (XLNX +2%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Barclays ahead of its Jan. 21 FQ3 report. Rivals Altera (ALTR +1.3%) and QuickLogic (QUIK +4.3%) are also trading higher.
- Telefonica Brasil (VIV +0.9%) has been upgraded to Overweight by HSBC.
- Synnex (SNX +3.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi six days after posting an FQ4 beat.
- Teradyne (TER +2%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Pac Crest ahead of its Jan. 22 Q4 report. Goldman declared shares a Conviction Buy yesterday.
Monday, Jan 133:32 PM
Monday, Jan 133:32 PM| 11 Comments
- "Options markets suggest this will be one of the most important earnings seasons in 10 years for stock pickers given low expected correlation and limited pre-positioning," says Goldman analyst John Marshall.
- "We expect outsized profitability for call buying strategies on single stocks this quarter," he adds, noting options markets are actually pricing in a lower earnings-day move than any time on record for the average stock. "We expect earnings surprises to spark unexpectedly large stock moves."
- The average earnings-day move last quarter was 3.5x as large as the average daily move, he says, greater than any other time in the past 17 years.
- Goldman analysts see above-consensus reports from KORS, RYL, TIF, EOG, PXD, WNR, BBT, BX, LAZ, STI, BMY, THC, CMI, DOW, STZ, ARUN, OLED, QCOM, and XLNX.
- Goldman's below the Street on ANN, IGT, MAT, COL, JOY, and MSFT.
Thursday, Jan 29:42 AM
Thursday, Jan 29:42 AM| 1 Comment
- Sprint (S -3%) has been cut to Market Perform by Cowen, and to Neutral by Macquarie, following a major run-up fueled in part by T-Mobile M&A hopes.
- T-Mobile (TMUS -1.5%), meanwhile, has been pulled from Goldman's Conviction Buy list. Its shares have taken off in response to reports Sprint and Dish are mulling bids.
- Xilinx (XLNX +1.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Goldman, and rival Altera (ALTR -1.8%) has cut to Neutral.
- UniPixel (UNXL -4.4%) has been cut to Market Perform by Cowen following the departure of its CEO and COO.
- Intersil (ISIL -4.9%) has been cut to Underweight by Evercore.
- NXP (NXPI -4.3%) and ON Semi (ONNN -4.7%) have been cut to Neutral by Goldman, and fellow chipmaker Analog Devices (ADI -2.5%) has been cut to Sell. ADI has also been cut to Market Perform by Wells Fargo.
Monday, Dec 232013, 9:37 AM
Monday, Dec 232013, 9:37 AM| 2 Comments
- Micron (MU -3%) has been cut to Underperform by BofA/Merrill. Shares fell last week in response to a Bloomberg report stating SK Hynix plans to build a new DRAM fab.
- BlackBerry (BBRY -2.4%) has been cut to Sell by Hudson Square Research in the wake of announcing its FQ3 results and the Foxconn deal. Shares are giving back a fraction of Friday's big post-earnings gains.
- Xilinx (XLNX +0.6%) has been upgraded to Buy by Drexel Hamilton.
- LivePerson (LPSN +4.2%) has been upgraded to Buy by Benchmark.
- Skullcandy (SKUL +5.6%) has been upgraded to Buy by Roth.
Thursday, Dec 122013, 9:56 AM
Thursday, Dec 122013, 9:56 AM| Comment!
- Intel (INTC +1.1%) has been upgraded to Neutral by Nomura. Citi and Drexel Hamilton upgraded shares last Friday.
- Micron (MU +2%) has been upgraded to Buy by Nomura. Shares fell yesterday following an MKM report stating SK Hynix's Wuxi, China fab will be operational sooner than expected.
- Xilinx (XLNX +1.7%) has been upgraded to Buy by Nomura. In addition, both Xilinx and rival Altera (ALTR +0.6%) have been started at Outperform by JMP.
- iRobot (IRBT +2.2%) has been upgraded to Neutral by JPMorgan.
- Synchronoss (SNCR +6.8%) has been upgraded to Strong Buy by Raymond James.
- Teradata (TDC -2%) has been cut to Sector Perform by RBC. Shares are making new 52-week lows.
- Texas Instruments (TXN -0.7%) and SanDisk (SNDK -2.3%) have been cut to Reduce by Nomura. TI provided an in-line mid-quarter update on Monday, while SanDisk fell in tandem with Micron yesterday.
- Sigma Designs (SIGM -17.8%) has been cut to Hold by Needham after missing FQ3 estimates.
- Progress Software (PRGS -7.5%) has been cut to Market Perform by JMP.
Tuesday, Oct 222013, 6:08 PM
Tuesday, Oct 222013, 6:08 PM| Comment!
- In addition to missing FQ3 revenue estimates, Altera (ALTR) is guiding for FQ4 revenue to be down 3% to up 1% Q/Q; that's worse than a consensus for 6% growth.
- While archrival Xilinx (XLNX - down 0.7% AH) saw 10% Y/Y sales growth in the Sep. quarter, Altera saw a 10% decline, evidence of share loss. However, Xilinx's Dec. quarter Q/Q sales growth guidance (-2% to +2%) isn't far removed from Altera's.
- An 18% Y/Y drop in telecom/wireless chip sales (41% of revenue) dinged Altera's FQ3. Industrial, military, and automotive chip sales (23% of total) rose 1%; networking, computer, and storage (19% of total) was flat, and "Other" (17% of total) was down 12%.
- Book-to-bill was below 1. Opex rose 6% Y/Y thanks to moderate increases in R&D and sales/marketing spend. Gross margin was 68.2%, and is expected to be at 68.5% (+/- .5%) in FQ4.
- FQ3 results, PR
Thursday, Oct 172013, 9:56 AM
Thursday, Oct 172013, 9:56 AM| Comment!
- IBM (IBM -5.9%) has been cut to Neutral by UBS following its big Q3 revenue miss.
- Xilinx (XLNX -5%) has been downgraded to neutral ratings by Piper and Raymond James, and upgraded to Outperform by Baird, and after beating FQ3 estimates and issuing soft FQ4 revenue guidance.
- SanDisk (SNDK +5.8%) has been upgraded to Strong Buy by Needham after soundly beating Q3 estimates and issuing decent Q4 revenue guidance.
- JinkoSolar (JKS +10.3%) has been has been upgraded to Outperform by Credit Suisse.
- ASML (ASML -1.9%) has been cut to Neutral by HSBC a day after releasing its Q3 results.
- CEVA (CEVA -1.3%) has been cut to Neutral by Wedbush.
- Salesforce (CRM +0.3%) has been started at Buy by Argus.
- SolarCity (SCTY +8.9%) has been started at Overweight by JPMorgan a week after providing strong Q3 metrics and even stronger 2014 guidance.
- NQ Mobile (NQ +6%) and Vipshop (VIPS -0.7%) havebeen started at Outperform by Macquarie.
Wednesday, Oct 162013, 5:05 PM
Wednesday, Oct 162013, 5:05 PM| Comment!
- Xilinx (XLNX) expects FQ3 (Dec. quarter) revenue to be down 2% to up 2% Q/Q; the consensus is for a 1.4% increase.
- FQ2 non-GAAP EPS (excludes a $0.09 litigation charge) was $0.58, beating a consensus of $0.53. Gross margin was 69.5%, +50 bps Q/Q and +350 bps Y/Y, and above guidance of 69%. FQ3 gross margin is expected to be around 69%.
- Telecom/data center chip sales (43% of revenue) -3% Y/Y in FQ2 vs. -2% in FQ1. Industrial, aerospace, and defense (38% of revenue) was strong, +32% vs. +9%; broadcast, consumer, and automotive saw a turnaround, +17% vs. -5%.
- R&D spend +12% Y/Y to $125M, SG&A +4% to $96.3M. $70M spent on buybacks.
- XLNX -4.5% AH. Archrival ALTR -2.8%.
- FQ2 results, PR
Wednesday, Oct 162013, 4:24 PM