There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Tue, Jul. 22, 7:38 PM
- Though XOOM beat Q2 estimates, it's guiding for Q3 EPS of -$0.01 to $0.02, below a $0.04 consensus. Q3 revenue guidance - $39M-$41M vs. a $40.2M consensus - is healthier.
- Full-year guidance is for revenue of $158M-$162M and EPS of $0.16-$0.24 vs. a consensus of $159.7M and $0.22.
- Gross sending volume +12% Y/Y in Q2 to $1.8B. Transactions +24% to 3.19M, active customers +30% to 1.2M, new customers -1% to 133.5K.
- Q2 results, PR
Tue, Jul. 22, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jul. 22, 4:16 PM
Mon, Jul. 21, 5:35 PM
Mon, May. 26, 10:12 AM
- Mari Cibelli's Marathon Partners - as its name suggests - invests for the long haul with a concentrated portfolio of growth names. Since the fund's 1997 inception, it's up an annualized 16.8%, more than double the S&P 500, and Cibelli is taking advantage of the selling in small caps to add to his favorites.
- One recent buy is Shutterfly (SFLY) which makes up about 20% of Marathon's AUM. Cibelli thinks consumers will grow disenchanted with rival products from Facebook and Snapchat, and sees SFLY revenue growing 16% per year through 2016, and enterprise value more than doubling to about $2.4B by then.
- Marathon's 2nd-largest holding is XOOM, where he expects pre-tax earnings to jump to $80M from less than $10M this year. If the stock sells for 20x that figure, it should more than double from here.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is Marathon's 4th-largest holding at 6% of AUM, and the pummeling since March has brought the shares back down to around Cibelli's original 2011 purchase price of $11. The NBCUniversal deal will increase WWE's revenue by 50% instead of 100%, and Cibelli has adjusted his target price accordingly, but still sees the stock as a double by 2016.
Wed, Apr. 23, 12:45 PM
Tue, Apr. 22, 5:40 PM
Tue, Apr. 22, 5:13 PM
- XOOM expects Q2 revenue of $38M-$40M and EPS of $0.02-$0.06, in-line with a consensus of $39.4M and $0.05. But full-year guidance is for revenue of $157M-$162M and EPS of $0.15-$0.22, above a consensus of $156.9M and $0.09.
- With shares having fallen hard since Xoom provided soft guidance in its Q4 report, investors are quite happy to see those numbers.
- Gross sending volume +49% Y/Y in Q1 to $1.6B. Transactions +42% to 2.9M, active customers +34% to 1.13M, new customers +7% to 117.1K.
- Gross margin rose 420 bps Y/Y to 73.3%. Opex rose 56% to $25.8M.
- Q1 results, PR
Tue, Apr. 22, 4:20 PM
Tue, Apr. 22, 12:10 AM
Mon, Apr. 21, 5:35 PM
Thu, Apr. 17, 10:06 AM
- Wal-Mart (WMT +0.2%) announces the launch of Walmart-2-Walmart Money Transfer Service at more than 4K of its stores in the U.S. The company is partnering with Euronet (EEFT +4.2%) on the initiative.
- The money transfer service is significantly cheaper than alternatives, according to Wal-Mart.
- Sector watch: Shares of Western Union (WU -5.8%), Xoom (XOOM -2.7%), Green Dot (GDOT -1.8%), and Moneygram (MGI -15.4%) are getting smacked around a little bit off the development.
Wed, Apr. 16, 9:55 AM
- Yelp (YELP +2.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi.
- Cree (CREE +2%) has been upgraded to Buy by Needham ahead of its April 22 FQ3 report.
- Youku (YOKU +1.2%) has been upgraded to Neutral by Goldman.
- SouFun (SFUN +5.4%) has been upgraded to Buy by Goldman.
- Motorola Solutions (MSI -1.6%) has been cut to Neutral by Nomura a day after announcing the Zebra Technologies deal and issuing a Q1 warning.
- Control4 (CTRL +7%) has been upgraded to Strong Buy by Raymond James. Q1 results are due on May 1.
- Nimble Storage (NMBL +5.4%) has been upgraded to Buy by UBS.
- J2 Global (JCOM +7.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Sidoti.
- Xoom (XOOM +1.4%) has been upgraded to Equal Weight by Evercore ahead of its April 22 Q1 report.
- Bitauto (BITA +9.1%) has been started at Outperform by Credit Suisse. Rival Autohome (ATHM +9.8%) has been started at Neutral, but is also up sharply.
- IPO underwriters have given A10 Networks (ATEN +3.7%) five bullish ratings and one neutral one.
Wed, Mar. 5, 9:41 AM
- Pandora (P +2.9%) has been upgraded to Neutral by MKM.
- Trimble (TRMB +2.6%) has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan.
- TiVo (TIVO -3.9%) has been cut to Neutral by JPMorgan. Topeka started shares at Buy yesterday, a few days after the company provided strong Q4 numbers.
- Xoom (XOOM -5.5%) has been started at Underweight by Evercore.
- DST Systems (DST +1.4%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Evercore.
Wed, Feb. 5, 9:15 AM
Tue, Feb. 4, 5:39 PM
XOOM vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR