Dec. 19, 2014, 1:51 AM
- Xerox (NYSE:XRX) has agreed to sell its IT outsourcing unit to French IT services firm Atos for $1.05B.
- "By divesting the slower-growing unit...Xerox can now focus on building up the faster-growing units, business process outsourcing and document outsourcing," said president of Xerox services business Robert Zapfel.
- Xerox also revised its adjusted earnings forecast of $0.28-$0.30 per share for the current quarter ending Dec. 31 from $0.30-$0.32 per share. Analysts were expecting a profit of $0.31.
- XRX +3.7% AH
May 6, 2014, 7:39 AM
- Xerox (XRX) is buying ISG Holdings, the parent of two companies - StrataCare and Bunch CareSolutions - that provider workers' compensation software and services for insurance industry clients, for $225M in cash.
- StrataCare provides medical bill review and claims management software/services, and Bunch's offerings cover bill review, claims, nurse care management, insurance network management, and analytics, among other things. Xerox asserts the companies strengthen its sizable existing workers' comp. solutions, such as those offered by its CompIQ unit.
- Xerox obtained 57% of its revenue from its services ops in Q1. The business has been faring a little better than its traditional printer/copier ops.
Apr. 8, 2014, 1:30 PM
- Xerox (XRX +1.1%) has bought Smart Data Consulting, a provider of e-discovery services (both hosted and on-site) to law firms and corporate legal departments, for an undisclosed sum.
- Smart Data already relies on Xerox's end-to-end Viewpoint e-discovery software platform. Xerox says the deal will strengthen its e-discovery "technical and process expertise," and also expands its manged review/collection abilities.
Dec. 18, 2013, 9:56 AM
- 3D Systems (DDD +0.2%) is acquiring a Xerox (XRX -0.5%) R&D group focused on solid ink engineering and product design for $32.5M in cash. The group is based out of Wilsonville, OR, and has 100+ engineers/contractors. (PR)
- 3D calls the deal an expansion of a partnership with Xerox that already gave birth to 3D's high-end ProJet printers. Xerox, the sole supplier of solid ink printing solutions, asserts the technology delivers better color print quality and produces far less waste than traditional color laser printing.
- 3D has already been paying attention to color quality. Two weeks ago, the company launched the ProJet 4500, which it calls the only "continuous-tone, full-color plastic 3D printer available on the market."
Aug. 13, 2013, 1:05 PM
- Xerox (XRX +3.1%) is acquiring CPAS Systems, a Canadian developer of pension administration and record-keeping software for private and public sector clients. Terms are undisclosed.
- Xerox states CPAS' software is used to manage pensions for 2M+ people worldwide. It'll be offered as both a standalone solution, and as part of Xerox's HR outsourcing services solutions.
- Much like Lexmark, Xerox has been busy trying to diversify away from a slumping printing/copying hardware business. Services made up 55% of Q2 revenue.
- Shares are rallying today thanks to an upgrade to Buy from Citi, which is upbeat about the potential for Obamacare to lift Xerox's healthcare-related sales.
Jun. 5, 2013, 9:09 AM
Jul. 11, 2012, 8:31 AM
XRX vs. ETF Alternatives
Xerox Corporation is engaged in business process and document management solutions. It provides services, technology and expertise to small businesses to large enterprises, to focus on their core business and operate more effectively.
Other News & PR