There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
From other sites
You On Demand: What's Next Following The Post-Earnings Plunge
- You On Demand posted strong revenue growth, better than I had expected.
- Despite better revenues, the company posted another large loss as costs are still too high.
- The company cut full-year guidance and shares dove nearly 20% in after hours trading.
- I had anticipated weak earnings which confirmed my bear thesis.
- However, I covered my short. You On Demand still a good short, but no longer compelling.
You On Demand: Unproven Business Model, Scant Revenues, 70% Downside
- You On Demand's Video on Demand service attracts few subscribers and generates infinitesimal revenue.
- There's no proof the business model will work in China where opposition is strong to paying for media content.
- The Xiaomi announcement from last week has no bearing on You On Demand's business.
- You On Demand shares are profoundly overvalued.
- The stock is likely a donut (worth zero).
- This is the first widely distributed negative report on the company.
- Revenues were only $165K last quarter, $300K last year.
- Management have high salaries.
- Fully diluted, the share count is 34.7M, for a market cap of $120M, and only 4% short interest.
Nov. 14, 2014, 9:13 AM
Nov. 13, 2014, 5:15 PM
- With revenue for the first nine months of 2014 having only totaled $965K, You On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) now expects full-year revenue of $1.7M-$2M, below prior guidance of $3M.
- A gross loss of $228K was seen in Q3 on revenue of $645K. GAAP opex rose 7% Y/Y to $2.1M.
- The company ended Q3 with $13M in cash, down from $15.7M at the end of Q2. Liabilities included a $3M promissory note and $620K in warrant liabilities.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 13, 2014, 4:05 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 12:49 PM
Nov. 5, 2014, 9:16 AM
- Gainers: CRTO +19%. JIVE +17%. YOD +16%. TTPH +12%. IBIO +11%. AEZS +9%. EXEL +8%. CLNY +7%. ANR +7%. ROYT +7%. EOG +6%. PHMD +6%. NICE +6%. VPCO +6%. ATVI +5%. VG +5%. CTSH +5%. WLT +5%. MACK +5%.
- Losers: CHUY -24%. NUS -22%. FEYE -16%. ZU -14%. TRIP -13%. SSYS -8%. MEMP -7%. NG -6%. ANV -6%. ARIA -6%. AWAY -6%.
Nov. 4, 2014, 12:44 PM
Nov. 4, 2014, 11:18 AM
- You On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) has soared after fast-growing Chinese smartphone vendor Xiaomi announced plans to invest $1B to expand its Web video content library for its TVs/set-tops. That appears to be fueling speculation of a new/expanded content deal with You.
- Back in April, You announced its You Cinema movie subscription service would be made available on Xiaomi set-tops.
Oct. 31, 2014, 12:47 PM
Aug. 14, 2014, 6:25 PM
- Though its 1H14 revenue only totaled $320.4K, You On Demand (NASDAQ:YOD) is maintaining guidance for full-year revenue of $3M.
- Q2 cost of revenue was $857.2K, or over 4x revenue of $182.7K. SG&A spend rose 10% Y/Y to $2.27M.
- The Chinese VOD service provider ended Q2 with $15.7M in cash, down from $18M at the end of Q1.
- Q2 results, PR
Aug. 14, 2014, 4:04 PM
Jul. 9, 2014, 3:46 PM
Jul. 3, 2014, 11:10 AM
May. 23, 2014, 12:45 PM
May. 23, 2014, 12:16 PM
- Xueche He, chairman of energy investment holding company Honbridge, has bought 2.29M You On Demand (YOD +31%) Series E convertible preferred shares in a private transaction. Pricing hasn't been disclosed.
- Shares have soared above $2.80 after gradually falling from a March high of $7.12 over the last two months. They slumped last week in response to YOD's Q1 results.
May. 19, 2014, 12:45 PM
May. 16, 2014, 1:43 PM
- You On Demand's (YOD -7.7%) Q1 cost of revenue was $876K, more than 6x revenue of $138K. That translates into a gross loss of $738K.
- Opex fell 22% Y/Y to $1.98M; You attributes this to overhead expense control and its revenue-sharing strategy with content partners.
- The Chinese VOD services firm ended Q1 with $18M in cash on its balance sheet. Liabilities included a $3M convertible promissory note.
- Q1 results, PR
YOD vs. ETF Alternatives
YOU On Demand Holdings Inc is a leading multi-platform entertainment company delivering premium content, including leading Hollywood & China-produced movie titles to customers across China via Subscription Video On Demand & Transactional Video On Demand.
Other News & PR