Thu, Feb. 26, 5:57 PM
- Argentina's YPF says its Q4 net income fell 28% to 1.38B pesos ($16M) from 1.92B pesos a year earlier, missing analyst estimates, as exploration costs soared 145% Y/Y in the quarter.
- Earnings were hit as YPF set aside 1.2B pesos to cover a potential legal settlement after the company inherited a lawsuit from Repsol that alleges contamination of the Passaic River from dioxin and various pesticides.
- Q4 oil and natural gas output rose 14% Y/Y, with crude production rising by 5.3% and gas output surging 25%.
Aug. 8, 2014, 8:33 AM
- YPF reports a 40% Y/Y gain in Q2 profit while oil and gas production rose for the fifth consecutive quarter.
- Argentina's leading energy company posted a quarterly profit of 1.526B pesos ($184M) vs. 1.09B in the year-earlier quarter.
- Q2 oil production rose 5.6% Y/Y to 241K boe/day while natural gas production rose 32%; in H1, crude output climbed 8.5% Y/Y while gas production gained 10%.
- Production of unconventional oil and gas reached 23.2K bbl/day thanks to the drilling of 50 wells in Vaca Muerta, where YPF has 21 active rigs and eight work-over rigs.
- Q2 total sales surged 61% to 35.3B pesos ($4.3B), but total spending rose nearly 67% to 10.8B pesos.
Mar. 7, 2014, 5:52 PM
- YPF says Q4 profit surged 88% to 1.9B Argentine pesos ($241M) on higher revenue from sales and production, beating analysts’ estimates.
- YPF also says it boosted crude production by 6.3% Y/Y while natural gas output rose 10.2%.
- YPF produces ~35% of Argentina's oil and gas and accounts for more than half of the fuel sold in the country.
- Earlier this week, YPF said it signed two contracts totaling ~$1.2B to lease 15 drilling rigs to develop Vaca Muerta, which contains an estimated 27B barrels of shale oil; Helmerich & Payne (HP) will provide 10 of the rigs.
Nov. 5, 2013, 5:57 PM
- YPF posted a Q3 profit of 1.4B Argentine pesos ($235M), up 87% Y/Y, while also boosting oil and gas production.
- Net sales rose 34% in the quarter, because of both higher prices and higher output.
- Oil and gas production rose by 3.4% and 4.7%, respectively, marking the fourth consecutive quarter in which output has increased.
- Cash on hand rose by 1.8B pesos to 6.9B pesos; while debt increased by 2B pesos in the period, the net total debt was unchanged at 19.2B pesos.
Aug. 12, 2013, 12:48 PM
- Argentina's YPF (YPF +0.3%) says Q2 earnings rose 31% Y/Y but discloses a multimillon-peso charge related to an adverse arbitration ruling in a case over the suspension of natural gas exports to Brazil.
- Total production slipped to ~481K boe/day from ~483K boe/day due to gas production dropping 3.2% to 33M cf/day from 34.1M cf/day; crude oil output rose slightly to ~228K bbl/day while natural gas liquids production shot up almost 9% to ~45K bbl/day.
Mar. 11, 2013, 7:07 PMYPF reports a profit of 3.9B pesos ($771M) in 2012, a 12.2% Y/Y decline due mainly to losses posted by subsidiaries and other companies YPF has a stake in, even as total revenue jumped 19.5% due to higher fuel sales in the local market. EBITDA rose 21.3%. Crude oil output rose 2.2% after falling 7.6% in 2011; natural gas output fell 2.3% vs. a 10.3% drop in 2011. | Comment!
Nov. 7, 2012, 11:24 AMNet profit at YPF (YPF -2.2%) fell 51% Y/Y during Q3 due to increased operating costs and poorer performance by companies in which YPF has a stake, as well as a deferred tax payment. Argentina sits on huge resources of shale natural gas and oil, but large amounts of capital would be needed to bring them into production; YPF rules out any foray into global credit markets "anytime in the short term." | 2 Comments
May 10, 2012, 11:37 AMRepsol (REPYY.PK +7.4%) moves to show it has a solid future without its nationalized Argentine unit, publishing Q1 earnings figures showing a net profit increase both with and without YPF. Net Q1 profit including YPF rose 3.5% Y/Y to $1.02B; adjusted to exclude the Argentine unit, net profit would have climbed 12.4%. Either way, "a solid set of results," an RBC analyst says. | Comment!
YPF vs. ETF Alternatives
YPF Sociedad Anonima is an integrated oil & gas company. It upstream operation consists of exploration, development & production of crude oil, natural gas & LPG. Its downstream operation includes refining, marketing & distribution of oil, among others.
Other News & PR