Thu, Feb. 19, 7:09 AM| Comment!
Sep. 23, 2014, 7:20 AM
- Yara International (OTCPK:YARIY) is in talks with CF Industries (NYSE:CF) about a possible merger of equals, a deal that would create a fertilizer giant with a market value of over $27B.
- "The discussions are at an early stage, and there can be no assurances that these discussions will result in any transaction," says Yara in a filing.
- Norway's government and possibly parliament would have to approve of any deal, as the state holds 36.2% of Yara, plus an additional 5% through state pension fund Folketrygdfondet.
Jun. 23, 2014, 10:45 AM
- Norway's government says it will retain its current holding in Statoil (STO), backing off a pre-election proposal to cut its stake to ~50% from the current two thirds of the shares.
- Although the new Conservative government had pledged to reduce the state's role in the economy, the trade minister says STOl has a special place in Norwegian oil and gas policy and there's broad political agreement that the state should keep a majority stake.
- The government also plans to keep stakes in fertilizer producer Yara (YARIY, YRAIF), aluminum producer Norsk Hydro (NHYDY) and bank DNB (DNHBY) at current levels.
Oct. 18, 2013, 8:49 AM
- German chemicals firm BASF (BASFY.PK) and Norwegian fertilizer maker Yara (YARIY.PK, YRAIF.PK) are evaluating a potential joint investment in a "world scale" ammonia plant at the U.S. Gulf coast.
- Yara, with its global ammonia network and market expertise, seeks to increase its presence in the U.S.; BASF, which has a strong U.S. presence, is currently a major user of ammonia for its U.S. downstream manufacturing activities and intends to further strengthen its backward integration.
- Other fertilizer producers such as CF, MOS and AGU could see interest today on the news.
YRAIF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR