There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
From other sites
ZBB Energy Corporation: A Deeply Oversold Renewable Energy Stock With 125% Upside
- ZBB Energy develops and sells advanced energy storage solutions based on its patented zinc-bromide grid storage technology.
- Grid storage in large quantities is a worldwide megatrend; ZBB Energy is one of the few that holds key technology.
- Multiple catalysts should drive shares substantially higher.
- Share price is at all-time lows mainly due to market broad energy panic, even causing the market cap to dip below net cash level.
- Strong insider buying should warrant attention.
ZBB Energy: Attractive Relative Valuation, Strong Demand Tailwind And Multiple Near-Term Catalysts
- Stocks in the energy storage industry rose exponentially earlier this year as investors got over their skis in terms of pricing in growth.
- However, expectations have come down too far, which provides underpriced optionality given the near term catalysts and longer term constructive growth outlook.
- Strategic partnerships provide entry into large international markets and much needed cash flow as well as eliminate significant capex requirements.
- The strong balance sheet and lower cash burn rate reduces the chance of another secondary offering in the near term.
- There is strong federal support for the industry as evident by the recent $4 billion in loan guarantees provided by the Department of Energy for renewable energy projects.
Thu, Nov. 13, 4:45 PM
Wed, Nov. 12, 3:59 PM
- Plug Power (PLUG -16.6%) bumps along near its lows of the day following its Q3 earnings miss and downside revenue guidance.
- In its earnings conference call, PLUG lowered its FY 2014 revenue guidance to $70M-$75M vs. prior guidance of $75M, and expects to ship 900-1000 Gendrive units in Q4; reaffirms its 2014 bookings guidance of $150M.
- PLUG sees product gross margins expanding to 25% gross margins by year-end 2015; sees service gross margins ~10% region during the period.
- Says it is attempting to build a new large scale hydrogen plant, and may seek partners or acquisitions.
- Also: FCEL -6.6%, BLDP -8.6%, ZBB -3%.
Mon, Oct. 20, 9:37 AM
Mon, Sep. 29, 4:06 PM
Fri, Sep. 19, 12:46 PM
Fri, Aug. 22, 12:45 PM
Fri, Aug. 22, 9:15 AM
Fri, Aug. 22, 8:53 AM
- ZBB Energy (NYSEMKT:ZBB) has priced a public offering of 11,520,000 shares of common stock at a price of $1.12.
- The underwriter, Craig-Hallum Capital Group, has exercised its option to purchase 1,728,000 additional shares of common stock to cover over-allotments.
- Total gross proceeds of the offering are expected to be approximately $14.8M, and will total $13.5M after deducting the underwriter's discount and other expenses.
- The offering is expected to close on or around August 27, 2014.
- ZBB -13.2% premarket
Mon, Aug. 18, 9:15 AM
- ZBB Energy's (NYSEMKT:ZBB) Chinese joint venture, Meineng Energy, has received a cash investment of RMB20M ($3.2M) from Wuhu Fuhai-Haoyan Venture Investment for a post-closing equity position of 8%.
- Once governmental approval is obtained, the investment capital will be used to fund ongoing operations and development of the Chinese market, and will result in Meineng Energy's post-closing valuation of RMB250M ($42M).
- ZBB +3.6% premarket
Thu, Aug. 14, 12:35 PM
- Plug Power's (PLUG +4.1%) Q2 results, which included revenues that more than doubled and beating analyst consensus, are sparking a rally in alternative energy stocks.
- PLUG reported a 17% gross margin in its product business and says it expects gross margin in the area to reach the mid-20s in Q4.
- CEO Andy Marsh says in this morning's earnings conference call that the company and customers seeing far fewer problems with PLUG's newer units than with older ones.
- Results impress Cowen analysts, noting PLUG's installation of the first GenKey site for Wal-Mart’s Pottstown, Pa., distribution center, and anticipating continued sequential growth through the year.
- FCEL +7.1%, BLDP +2%, ZBB +4.3%, CPST +4%.
Tue, Jul. 22, 2:31 PM
- GE's (GE -0.2%) plan to build a new fuel-cell manufacturing facility in upstate New York to improve the production of fuel cells that run on natural gas isn't lifting its own shares, but it seems to be providing a big boost to fuel-cell stocks and other alternative energy names.
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL +14.5%) is soaring after Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy awarded it and a joint venture partner €5M (~$6.7M) in a project to increase power density and the operating life of fuel cells, which would cut costs.
- Ocean Power Tech (OPTT +35.3%) is exploding higher today with no company specific news to account for the strength, and water management solutions provider GreenHunter Resources (GRH +13.8%) is up sharply on MLP news.
- Also rising: PLUG +6.9%, BLDP +5.8%, ZBB +4.8%, CBAK +2.3%, CPST +5.1%.
Tue, Jul. 22, 8:09 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) +5% premarket on news its German affiliate received nearly €5M in awards from the government to support a three-year research and development project targeting enhancements to Direct FuelCell technology by increasing power density and operating life of the fuel cells, leading to lower costs.
- The research is being performed in Germany by FCEL at an existing facility in Ottobrunn and by joint venture partner Fraunhofer IKTS at a facility located in Dresden.
- Also: PLUG +3.8%, KNDI +2.9%, BLDP +2.2%, ZBB +1.8%.
Fri, Jul. 18, 12:25 PM
- Roth Capital says it is more confident that Plug Power (PLUG +3.1%) can meet its 2014 revenue guidance and bookings target after meeting with company management.
- The firm says PLUG appears to be looking to deploy its products at four locations during the current quarter, leaving it well positioned to ship more units than expected; an increase in shipments also will raise its product gross margins.
- Roth believes PLUG is reaching a positive turning point with its large customers, but it remains concerned about its valuation and keeps a Neutral rating on the shares.
- FCEL +1%, BLDP +1.6%, ZBB +1.9%.
Tue, Jul. 15, 11:59 AM
- Plug Power (PLUG +15.7%) moves out to startling gains after FBR last night initiated coverage with an Outperform rating, with analyst Aditya Satghare expecting the shares to nearly double over the next year.
- The firm believes Plug's recent order wins at marquee customers will have "a follow-on effect," and expects them to continue to transition to hydrogen-based solutions; he estimates Plug has a more-than 90% market share in the hydrogen-powered material handling power unit market.
- The firm's $8 price target is 91% above Monday's closing price of $4.18.
- Also higher: FCEL +2.4%, BLDP +6.7%, ZBB +0.6%.
Wed, Jun. 18, 3:28 PM
- Fuel cell companies had been quiet for a while but not today, as Plug Power (PLUG +18.8%) and Ballard Power (BLDP +15.8%) skyrocket amid speculation that declining volume and high short interest could be causing a short squeeze; others say the names have been trading at recent lows and may be catching a bid in response to the recent spike in solar stocks such as SolarCity.
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL +1.2%) continues to gain after obtaining a federal grant, as the U.S. government pushes hydrogen energy to become a reality.
- Also: ZBB +10.1%, HYG +0.4%, CPST -1.4%.
Fri, May. 16, 12:46 PM
ZBB vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR