Marketwire (Mon, 8:00AM)
Marketwire (Aug 11, 2014)
Marketwire (Jul 1, 2014)
Marketwire (Jun 3, 2014)
Marketwire (May 20, 2014)
Marketwire (May 20, 2014)
Mon, Aug. 18, 9:15 AM
- ZBB Energy's (NYSEMKT:ZBB) Chinese joint venture, Meineng Energy, has received a cash investment of RMB20M ($3.2M) from Wuhu Fuhai-Haoyan Venture Investment for a post-closing equity position of 8%.
- Once governmental approval is obtained, the investment capital will be used to fund ongoing operations and development of the Chinese market, and will result in Meineng Energy's post-closing valuation of RMB250M ($42M).
- ZBB +3.6% premarket
Thu, Aug. 14, 12:35 PM
- Plug Power's (PLUG +4.1%) Q2 results, which included revenues that more than doubled and beating analyst consensus, are sparking a rally in alternative energy stocks.
- PLUG reported a 17% gross margin in its product business and says it expects gross margin in the area to reach the mid-20s in Q4.
- CEO Andy Marsh says in this morning's earnings conference call that the company and customers seeing far fewer problems with PLUG's newer units than with older ones.
- Results impress Cowen analysts, noting PLUG's installation of the first GenKey site for Wal-Mart’s Pottstown, Pa., distribution center, and anticipating continued sequential growth through the year.
- FCEL +7.1%, BLDP +2%, ZBB +4.3%, CPST +4%.
Tue, Jul. 22, 2:31 PM
- GE's (GE -0.2%) plan to build a new fuel-cell manufacturing facility in upstate New York to improve the production of fuel cells that run on natural gas isn't lifting its own shares, but it seems to be providing a big boost to fuel-cell stocks and other alternative energy names.
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL +14.5%) is soaring after Germany’s Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy awarded it and a joint venture partner €5M (~$6.7M) in a project to increase power density and the operating life of fuel cells, which would cut costs.
- Ocean Power Tech (OPTT +35.3%) is exploding higher today with no company specific news to account for the strength, and water management solutions provider GreenHunter Resources (GRH +13.8%) is up sharply on MLP news.
- Also rising: PLUG +6.9%, BLDP +5.8%, ZBB +4.8%, CBAK +2.3%, CPST +5.1%.
Tue, Jul. 22, 8:09 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) +5% premarket on news its German affiliate received nearly €5M in awards from the government to support a three-year research and development project targeting enhancements to Direct FuelCell technology by increasing power density and operating life of the fuel cells, leading to lower costs.
- The research is being performed in Germany by FCEL at an existing facility in Ottobrunn and by joint venture partner Fraunhofer IKTS at a facility located in Dresden.
- Also: PLUG +3.8%, KNDI +2.9%, BLDP +2.2%, ZBB +1.8%.
Fri, Jul. 18, 12:25 PM
- Roth Capital says it is more confident that Plug Power (PLUG +3.1%) can meet its 2014 revenue guidance and bookings target after meeting with company management.
- The firm says PLUG appears to be looking to deploy its products at four locations during the current quarter, leaving it well positioned to ship more units than expected; an increase in shipments also will raise its product gross margins.
- Roth believes PLUG is reaching a positive turning point with its large customers, but it remains concerned about its valuation and keeps a Neutral rating on the shares.
- FCEL +1%, BLDP +1.6%, ZBB +1.9%.
Tue, Jul. 15, 11:59 AM
- Plug Power (PLUG +15.7%) moves out to startling gains after FBR last night initiated coverage with an Outperform rating, with analyst Aditya Satghare expecting the shares to nearly double over the next year.
- The firm believes Plug's recent order wins at marquee customers will have "a follow-on effect," and expects them to continue to transition to hydrogen-based solutions; he estimates Plug has a more-than 90% market share in the hydrogen-powered material handling power unit market.
- The firm's $8 price target is 91% above Monday's closing price of $4.18.
- Also higher: FCEL +2.4%, BLDP +6.7%, ZBB +0.6%.
Wed, Jun. 18, 3:28 PM
- Fuel cell companies had been quiet for a while but not today, as Plug Power (PLUG +18.8%) and Ballard Power (BLDP +15.8%) skyrocket amid speculation that declining volume and high short interest could be causing a short squeeze; others say the names have been trading at recent lows and may be catching a bid in response to the recent spike in solar stocks such as SolarCity.
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL +1.2%) continues to gain after obtaining a federal grant, as the U.S. government pushes hydrogen energy to become a reality.
- Also: ZBB +10.1%, HYG +0.4%, CPST -1.4%.
Fri, May. 16, 12:46 PM
Fri, May. 16, 9:17 AM
Thu, May. 15, 4:58 PM
Tue, May. 13, 2:58 PM
- Plug Power (PLUG +7.2%) and FuelCell Energy (FCEL +8.1%) are bouncing back today after each produces announcements that keep the bears at bay, at least until PLUG issues its earnings report tomorrow morning.
- At a Wedbush conference, PLUG reaffirmed its FY 2014 guidance, expecting to ship more than 3K units, hit $70M in sales (vs. $65M analyst consensus estimate) and 25% gross margins; expects EBITDA to break even during Q2 and Q3.
- Meanwhile, FCEL said it won a new contract with Posco (PKX), South Korea’s largest steel maker and, Bloomberg notes, the company’s largest shareholder.
- Also moving up nicely: BLDP +6.6%, ZBB +3.7%.
Wed, May. 7, 12:48 PM
Wed, Apr. 16, 9:43 AM
- The U.S. Energy Department plans to offer up to $4B in loan guarantees to renewable energy projects, focusing on advanced electric grid technology and storage, biofuels that can be used in conventional vehicles, energy from waste products and energy efficiency improvements.
- Despite the high-profile collapse of Solyndra, the Obama administration believes most of its energy investments have done well, and it credits the program with strengthening the U.S. solar industry.
- Solar stocks: TAN, JASO, SPWR, TSL, FSLR, LDK, CSIQ, YGE, SOL, JKS, CSUN, SCTY, HSOL, EMKR, SUNE, DQ.
- Battery related names: PLUG, BLDP, CBAK, ZBB, ABAT, ULBI, ENS, HPJ.
- EV cars: TSLA.
Mon, Apr. 14, 2:19 PM
- Early gains in Ballard Power (BLDP +0.7%) are fading, as Cowen starts coverage of BLDP at Market Perform with a price target of $3.75, slightly below the stock's close at $3.93 last week, as the firm notes some key positives.
- BLDP and Volkswagen have a multi-year contract which might be good for C$60M-C$110M in revenue, and a partnership with Anglo American Platinum targets developing home generators for South Africa.
- Cowen is looking for a FY 2014 loss of $0.07/share and a 2015 loss of $0.01/share, while seeing respective '14 and '15 revenue of $80M and $97.5M.
- After early gains, other alternative energy stocks are mixed: PLUG +1%, FCEL -0.8%, HYGS -3%, ZBB -1.1%.
Wed, Apr. 2, 12:46 PM
Fri, Mar. 28, 12:45 PM
ZBB vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR