Tue, Aug. 25, 9:19 AM
Tue, Aug. 11, 9:16 AM
Mon, Aug. 10, 4:37 PM
Fri, Jul. 24, 12:42 PM
- The FDA designates Ziopharm Oncology's (ZIOP +4.2%) gene therapy candidate, Ad-RTS-hIL-12, an Orphan Drug for the treatment of malignant glioma, a brain tumor that originates in the brain or spine. Gliomas represent 30% of all brain and CNS tumors and 80% of brain tumors.
- Among the benefits of Orphan Drug status is a seven-year period of market exclusivity for the indication, if approved. This is far in the distance, though. A Phase 1 trial evaluating Ad-RTS-hIL-12 in combination with veledimex is not yet recruiting patients.
Tue, Jun. 30, 8:24 AM
- CAR-T therapy-related stocks are poised to gap up at the open this morning as investors spread their enthusiasm over Juno's (NASDAQ:JUNO) deal with Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG).
- Previously: Juno up 53% after hours on 10-year Celgene deal (June 29)
- Related tickers: (NASDAQ:KITE) (NASDAQ:BLCM) (NASDAQ:CLLS) (NASDAQ:ZIOP)
Mon, Jun. 22, 9:18 AM
Fri, Jun. 5, 8:48 AM
- Interxon (NYSE:XON) sets the final ratio for its pro rata dividend distribution of all of its 17,830,305-share stake in Ziopharm (NASDAQ:ZIOP). XON stockholders of record on June 4 will receive 0.162203 shares of ZIOP per XON share and warrant holders will receive 0.16223 shares of ZIOP per XON share deliverable under the warrants. The stock will be delivered on or about June 12.
- Intrexon announced the special dividend a month ago.
Tue, Jun. 2, 12:30 PM
- According to Bloomberg, AstraZeneca (AZN +0.1%) CEO Pascal Soriot said that his firm would consider buying a company like Juno Therapeutics (JUNO +12.9%).
- This isn't too surprising since oncology represents only 11% of AZN's business. CAR-Ts are all the rage in the cancer space. If their initial success can be validated in late-stage trials, they will command premium prices once approved, probably in the neighborhood of $500K per procedure. Acquiring one of the leaders would be a logical move for most members of Big Pharma or a number of larger biotechs. Juno's market cap is only $5.5B so it is not expensive if viewed on a long term basis.
- Related tickers: (KITE +5.4%)(BLUE -0.5%)(BLCM +8.2%)(ZIOP +4%)(CLLS +4.4%)
Tue, Jun. 2, 10:16 AM
Fri, May 8, 10:00 AM
Thu, May 7, 4:44 PM
Tue, May 5, 7:58 AM
- Ziopharm Oncology (NASDAQ:ZIOP) commences a Phase 1 study of Ad-RTS-hIL-12 + veledimex in patients with recurrent or progressive glioblastoma or Grade III malignant glioma, serious types of brain cancer with poor prognoses.
- The trial will enroll up to 72 subjects at up to 12 sites. Patients will be stratified into two groups: one will undergo resection plus injection and the other will undergo stereotactic (3D-located) injection. Ad-RTS-hIL-12 will be injected locally into the tumor lesion, with IL-12 expression tightly regulated by escalating doses of veledimex. The primary endpoint is the safety and tolerability of a single intratumoral injection of Ad-RTS-hIL-12 plus escalating oral doses of veledimex. Secondary endpoints include the veledimex maximum tolerated dose, the immune responses elicited by Ad-RTS-hIL-12 and veledimex, the tumor objective response rate, progression-free survival and overall survival.
- Ad-RTS-hIL-12 is a novel gene therapy candidate for the controlled expression of interleukin-12 (IL-12), an essential protein for stimulating a T cell immune response to cancer. Veledimex is an oral activator ligand or "gene switch" which is used to control the expression of IL-12, a pro-inflammatory cytokine that produces serious side effects if over-expressed. The cancer therapy candidate was developed in partnership with Intrexon (NYSE:XON).
Mon, Apr. 27, 1:39 PM
- A Phase 1b/2 clinical trial evaluating Ziopharm's (ZIOP -8%) gene therapy candidate, Ad-RTS-hIL-12, for the treatment of women with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer, is underway at Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York. The study, assessing Ad-RTS-hIL-12 + veledimex following standard chemotherapy, will enroll up to 40 patients, including up to eight with HER2+ breast cancer. Following entry into the study, patients will go on a treatment holiday from chemo and enter into an immunotherapy phase of treatment.
- The primary objective is to evaluate the safety and tolerability of Ad-RTS-hIL-12. Secondary endpoints include overall response rate, disease control rate and the impact of treatment on tumor and serum immune biomarkers.
- Veledimex is an oral activator ligand or "gene switch" which is used to control the expression of Interleukin-12 (IL-12), a pro-inflammatory cytokine. The cancer therapy candidate is the product of the company's synthetic biology channel partnership with Intrexon (XON -6.7%).
Mon, Mar. 30, 9:26 AM
- Ziopharm (NASDAQ:ZIOP) jumps 15% premarket on robust volume in response to Intrexon's announcement of a collaboration with Merck Serono. Intrexon will share the economic benefits of the partnership equally will Ziopharm based on their joint license deal with MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Previously: Intrexon and Ziopharm set for opening gaps (Feb. 10)
- Previously: Intrexon and Merck Serono team up in cancer immunotherapy (March 30)
Mon, Mar. 30, 9:11 AM
Thu, Mar. 19, 1:29 PM
- Investors show some love for CAR-T-related stocks today. Drugs based on Chimeric Antigen Receptor technology are the "next big things" in cancer treatment. Early data show impressive results in certain blood cancers.
- Newcomer Cellectis (Pending:CLLS) should debut shortly.
- Related tickers: (JUNO +14.8%)(KITE +14.9%)(BLUE +5.2%)(BLCM +7.7%)(ZIOP +4.6%)(CNDO +40.1%)
ZIOP vs. ETF Alternatives
ZIOPHARM Oncology Inc is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the acquiring, developing and commercializing portfolio of cancer therapies that can address unmet medical needs through synthetic biology.
Other News & PR