Fri, May 8, 10:00 AM| Comment!
Thu, May 7, 4:44 PM| 7 Comments
Tue, May 5, 7:58 AM
- Ziopharm Oncology (NASDAQ:ZIOP) commences a Phase 1 study of Ad-RTS-hIL-12 + veledimex in patients with recurrent or progressive glioblastoma or Grade III malignant glioma, serious types of brain cancer with poor prognoses.
- The trial will enroll up to 72 subjects at up to 12 sites. Patients will be stratified into two groups: one will undergo resection plus injection and the other will undergo stereotactic (3D-located) injection. Ad-RTS-hIL-12 will be injected locally into the tumor lesion, with IL-12 expression tightly regulated by escalating doses of veledimex. The primary endpoint is the safety and tolerability of a single intratumoral injection of Ad-RTS-hIL-12 plus escalating oral doses of veledimex. Secondary endpoints include the veledimex maximum tolerated dose, the immune responses elicited by Ad-RTS-hIL-12 and veledimex, the tumor objective response rate, progression-free survival and overall survival.
- Ad-RTS-hIL-12 is a novel gene therapy candidate for the controlled expression of interleukin-12 (IL-12), an essential protein for stimulating a T cell immune response to cancer. Veledimex is an oral activator ligand or "gene switch" which is used to control the expression of IL-12, a pro-inflammatory cytokine that produces serious side effects if over-expressed. The cancer therapy candidate was developed in partnership with Intrexon (NYSE:XON).
Mon, Apr. 27, 1:39 PM
- A Phase 1b/2 clinical trial evaluating Ziopharm's (ZIOP -8%) gene therapy candidate, Ad-RTS-hIL-12, for the treatment of women with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer, is underway at Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York. The study, assessing Ad-RTS-hIL-12 + veledimex following standard chemotherapy, will enroll up to 40 patients, including up to eight with HER2+ breast cancer. Following entry into the study, patients will go on a treatment holiday from chemo and enter into an immunotherapy phase of treatment.
- The primary objective is to evaluate the safety and tolerability of Ad-RTS-hIL-12. Secondary endpoints include overall response rate, disease control rate and the impact of treatment on tumor and serum immune biomarkers.
- Veledimex is an oral activator ligand or "gene switch" which is used to control the expression of Interleukin-12 (IL-12), a pro-inflammatory cytokine. The cancer therapy candidate is the product of the company's synthetic biology channel partnership with Intrexon (XON -6.7%).
Mon, Mar. 30, 9:26 AM
- Ziopharm (NASDAQ:ZIOP) jumps 15% premarket on robust volume in response to Intrexon's announcement of a collaboration with Merck Serono. Intrexon will share the economic benefits of the partnership equally will Ziopharm based on their joint license deal with MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Previously: Intrexon and Ziopharm set for opening gaps (Feb. 10)
- Previously: Intrexon and Merck Serono team up in cancer immunotherapy (March 30)
Mon, Mar. 30, 9:11 AM
Thu, Mar. 19, 1:29 PM
- Investors show some love for CAR-T-related stocks today. Drugs based on Chimeric Antigen Receptor technology are the "next big things" in cancer treatment. Early data show impressive results in certain blood cancers.
- Newcomer Cellectis (Pending:CLLS) should debut shortly.
- Related tickers: (JUNO +14.8%)(KITE +14.9%)(BLUE +5.2%)(BLCM +7.7%)(ZIOP +4.6%)(CNDO +40.1%)
Thu, Feb. 26, 5:56 PM| 8 Comments
Tue, Feb. 10, 9:16 AM
Tue, Feb. 10, 9:06 AM
- Intrexon (NYSE:XON) and Ziopharm (NASDAQ:ZIOP) are up 11% and 5%, respectively, premarket on higher-than-normal volume. Shares appear poised to resume their up moves after the pops in mid-January in response to their joint license deal with MD Anderson Cancer Center for the development of CAR-T cancer therapies. Under the collaboration, up to five CARs are expected to enter the clinic this year with off-the-shelf programs expected to start in 2016.
- Previously: Ziopharm up big on CAR-T license deal (Jan. 14)
Tue, Feb. 3, 9:58 PM
Tue, Feb. 3, 9:05 AM
Mon, Feb. 2, 5:07 PM
Tue, Jan. 27, 12:40 PM
Wed, Jan. 14, 12:43 PM
Wed, Jan. 14, 9:17 AM
ZIOP vs. ETF Alternatives
ZIOPHARM Oncology Inc is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the acquiring, developing and commercializing portfolio of cancer therapies that can address unmet medical needs through synthetic biology.
Other News & PR