5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
There are no Transcripts on ZPTAF.
There are no News articles on ZPTAF.
ZPTAF vs. ETF Alternatives
Monday, Mar 311:59 AM
Monday, Mar 311:59 AM| 2 Comments
- "War in the Ukraine? Buy Canadian small-cap oils," BCMI newsletter editor Chris Damas asserts, believing they could benefit from the sort of spike in oil prices that's happening today.
- Specifically, Damas advises investors to take a look at Longview Oil (LGVWF -1.5%), Surge Energy (ZPTAF -1%) and Crew Energy (CWEGF +3.2%); he says they're inexpensive relative to current commodity prices and should do particularly well as geopolitical risks cause oil prices to remain elevated or spike higher.
Friday, Feb 283:54 PM
Friday, Feb 283:54 PM| Comment!
- Surge Energy (ZPTAF +3.2%) says it has acquired ownership and control of 19.8% of Longview Oil (LGVWF +5.8%) from Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV +2.7%)at $4.45/share.
- Surge intends to obtain a "large, strategic equity position" in Longview, at a competitive cost base, and to pursue a mutually beneficial business combination with Longview.
- Surge says it has completed significant due diligence in relation to Longview assets, also initiating extensive, detailed financial modelling of a possible business combination between the companies.
Wednesday, Jan 153:39 PM
Wednesday, Jan 153:39 PM| 9 Comments
- Surge Energy (ZPTAF), which already has announced five acquisitions since June, is seeking more deals this year to expand its holdings in the southeast Saskatchewan portion of the Williston Basin, CEO Paul Colborne says.
- Surge is interested in some oil properties held by Penn West Petroleum (PWE), Colborne says; PWE is targeting as much as C$2B in asset sales, it said in November.
- Surge said on Jan. 13 it will raise its annual dividend to $0.54/share, and Colborne says it is poised to keep boosting its dividend along with output in 2014.
Tuesday, Jun 112013, 5:01 PM