Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on ZPTAF
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- Due to some temporary operational hiccups, Surge Energy plunged in early 2013 and created a unique buying opportunity for the smart money.
- The stock has recovered sharply since then, yielding more than 150%.
- Surge's current valuation is reasonable and in line with the peers.
- The smart money need to look elsewhere to find the next Surge Energy.
Surge Energy: This 7.8% Dividend Yield Stock Will Surge
- Surge Energy has grown at a stellar pace in FY13 and 1Q14 resulting in a 38% stock upside in four months.
- Completion of an acquisition in June 2014 will add significant 2P and OOIP along with immediate production bump-up.
- Surge Energy has a strong growth outlook for FY14 and FY15 and the company also offers an attractive dividend yield of 7.8%.
Surge Energy: 3 Different Insiders Have Purchased Shares This Month
- Three insiders have purchased Surge Energy stock within one month.
- The stock was sold by no insiders in the month of intensive purchasing.
- Two of these three insiders increased their holdings by more than 10%.
There are no Transcripts on ZPTAF.
Tue, Apr. 1, 9:46 AM
- Surge Energy (ZPTAF) agrees to acquire Longview Oil (LGVWF) in a share exchange that values Longview shares at C$5.99 each.
- Surge is offering 0.975 of a share for each Longview share in the friendly deal, which the companies value at ~C$429M.
- Surge says the proposed transaction is accretive on all metrics, and adds concentrated reserves, production, land and operations that are contiguous with its existing core areas.
Mon, Mar. 3, 11:59 AM
- "War in the Ukraine? Buy Canadian small-cap oils," BCMI newsletter editor Chris Damas asserts, believing they could benefit from the sort of spike in oil prices that's happening today.
- Specifically, Damas advises investors to take a look at Longview Oil (LGVWF -1.5%), Surge Energy (ZPTAF -1%) and Crew Energy (CWEGF +3.2%); he says they're inexpensive relative to current commodity prices and should do particularly well as geopolitical risks cause oil prices to remain elevated or spike higher.
Fri, Feb. 28, 3:54 PM
- Surge Energy (ZPTAF +3.2%) says it has acquired ownership and control of 19.8% of Longview Oil (LGVWF +5.8%) from Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV +2.7%)at $4.45/share.
- Surge intends to obtain a "large, strategic equity position" in Longview, at a competitive cost base, and to pursue a mutually beneficial business combination with Longview.
- Surge says it has completed significant due diligence in relation to Longview assets, also initiating extensive, detailed financial modelling of a possible business combination between the companies.
Wed, Jan. 15, 3:39 PM
- Surge Energy (ZPTAF), which already has announced five acquisitions since June, is seeking more deals this year to expand its holdings in the southeast Saskatchewan portion of the Williston Basin, CEO Paul Colborne says.
- Surge is interested in some oil properties held by Penn West Petroleum (PWE), Colborne says; PWE is targeting as much as C$2B in asset sales, it said in November.
- Surge said on Jan. 13 it will raise its annual dividend to $0.54/share, and Colborne says it is poised to keep boosting its dividend along with output in 2014.
Jun. 11, 2013, 5:01 PM
ZPTAF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR