Dec. 12, 2014, 12:46 PM
Oct. 14, 2014, 12:44 PM
Sep. 5, 2014, 12:49 PM
Sep. 5, 2014, 12:38 PM
- Quiksilver (ZQK -29.2%) plunges to five-year lows after FQ3 earnings came in well below estimates and revenues sank 19%
- Excluding currency fluctuations, net FQ3 revenue in ZQK's Americas segment fell 26%, while Europe-Middle East-Africa declined 16%; ZQK's wholesale channel revenue dropped 30%, offsetting retail revenue growth of 1% and e-commerce revenue growth of 10%.
- Cash balance has dropped to $107.8M at the end of July vs. $471M at the end of the prior-year period.
- Janney Capital's Eric Tracy says today's tumble still is not enough to make the shares attractive, as near-term catalysts remain relatively limited while long-term uncertainty remains: he cuts his fair value estimate for the shares to $2.50 from $4.
- This year has been a disaster for ZQK investors, with shares collapsing 77% YTD.
Sep. 5, 2014, 9:15 AM
Sep. 4, 2014, 5:36 PM
Jun. 3, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jun. 3, 2014, 9:25 AM
Jun. 2, 2014, 5:37 PM
Jun. 2, 2014, 4:32 PM
- Quiksilver (ZQK) sells off after hours, -27.3% after disappointing FQ2 earnings and H2 2014 guidance.
- FQ2 revenues decreased throughout ZQK's wholesale channel, especially in the developed markets in North America and Europe; Americas net revenues fell 18% Y/Y and 16% in constant currency.
- Expects general sales trends of recent quarters will continue into H2, with continued net revenue declines in the North America and Europe wholesale channels; anticipates FY 2014 adjusted EBITDA to come in below 2013's $118M.
- Revises the timing for achieving its profit improvement plan adjusted EBITDA target to the end of FY 2017.
Jun. 2, 2014, 4:12 PM
Dec. 12, 2013, 4:08 PM
Sep. 18, 2013, 9:48 AM
Sep. 6, 2013, 12:45 PM
Sep. 6, 2013, 9:10 AM
Sep. 5, 2013, 6:48 PM
- Quiksilver (ZQK) posts a mixed FQ3, beating on its EPS but missing on revenue.
- Net earnings fell 84% as the sports outfitter was hurt by restructuring-related charges, asset write-downs and other items, as well as lower revenue.
- Revenue decreased 3.3% to $495.8M, led by a 10% drop at its namesake brand.
- Gross margin fell to 49.4% from 49.5%.
- Shares +13% AH.
ZQK vs. ETF Alternatives
Quiksilver Inc designs, develops and distributes apparel, footwear, accessories and related products, catering to the casual, youth lifestyle associated with the sports of surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding.
Other News & PR