Fri, Mar. 27, 12:45 PM
Fri, Mar. 27, 11:46 AM| Comment!
Wed, Mar. 18, 12:45 PM
Wed, Mar. 18, 9:12 AM
Tue, Mar. 17, 4:33 PM
- Quiksillver (NYSE:ZQK) trades higher after beating estimates on both lines of its FQ1 report.
- Revenue slipped in all three of the company's geographic regions as a higher level of discounting and F/X played a role.
- Gross margin rate -110 bps to 49.7%.
- E-commerce revenue +20% Y/Y on a constant currency basis.
- Guidance: Quiksilver expects FQ2 revenue of $340M. Gross margin rate seen at 48.0%.
- Previously: Quiksilver beats by $0.03, beats on revenue
- ZQK +6.5% after hours.
Thu, Mar. 12, 10:35 AM
- Shares of Quiksilver (NYSE:ZQK) have been volatile this week.
- Activist investor Ryan Drexler issued a new letter to the company urging it to explore a sale.
- Quiksilver has delayed the release of its FQ1 earnings report due to what it calls a revenue cut-off issue.
- ZQK is down 5.2% today and is -25.3% YTD and -79% over the last 52 weeks.
Dec. 12, 2014, 12:46 PM
Oct. 14, 2014, 12:44 PM
Sep. 5, 2014, 12:49 PM
Sep. 5, 2014, 12:38 PM
- Quiksilver (ZQK -29.2%) plunges to five-year lows after FQ3 earnings came in well below estimates and revenues sank 19%
- Excluding currency fluctuations, net FQ3 revenue in ZQK's Americas segment fell 26%, while Europe-Middle East-Africa declined 16%; ZQK's wholesale channel revenue dropped 30%, offsetting retail revenue growth of 1% and e-commerce revenue growth of 10%.
- Cash balance has dropped to $107.8M at the end of July vs. $471M at the end of the prior-year period.
- Janney Capital's Eric Tracy says today's tumble still is not enough to make the shares attractive, as near-term catalysts remain relatively limited while long-term uncertainty remains: he cuts his fair value estimate for the shares to $2.50 from $4.
- This year has been a disaster for ZQK investors, with shares collapsing 77% YTD.
Sep. 5, 2014, 9:15 AM
Sep. 4, 2014, 5:36 PM
Jun. 3, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jun. 3, 2014, 9:25 AM
Jun. 2, 2014, 5:37 PM
Jun. 2, 2014, 4:32 PM
- Quiksilver (ZQK) sells off after hours, -27.3% after disappointing FQ2 earnings and H2 2014 guidance.
- FQ2 revenues decreased throughout ZQK's wholesale channel, especially in the developed markets in North America and Europe; Americas net revenues fell 18% Y/Y and 16% in constant currency.
- Expects general sales trends of recent quarters will continue into H2, with continued net revenue declines in the North America and Europe wholesale channels; anticipates FY 2014 adjusted EBITDA to come in below 2013's $118M.
- Revises the timing for achieving its profit improvement plan adjusted EBITDA target to the end of FY 2017.
ZQK vs. ETF Alternatives
Quiksilver Inc designs, develops and distributes apparel, footwear, accessories and related products, catering to the casual, youth lifestyle associated with the sports of surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding.
Other News & PR