Wed, Sep. 3, 9:11 AM
Wed, Sep. 3, 8:35 AM
- The USDA grants Zoetis (NYSE:ZTS) a conditional license for its vaccine to help fight porcine epidemic diarrhea virus (PEDv). The two-dose injectable inactivated vaccine is licensed for use in healthy female pigs. It is designed to help them develop antibodies that can be transmitted to their offspring. The product will be available to veterinarians and pig farmers this month.
Fri, Aug. 15, 11:15 AM
Tue, Aug. 5, 7:20 AM| Comment!
Tue, Aug. 5, 7:04 AM
Thu, Jul. 31, 6:23 PM
Wed, Jul. 16, 11:30 AM
- Portland, ME-based ImmuCell (ICCC) details investors on the commercial opportunities of its key products.
- First Defense: oral antibodies derived fro bovine colostrum for the prevention of scours (bovine enteritis or diarrhea) in newborn calves. The annual economic losses to the U.S. dairy and beef industries due to scours is ~$761M. Its two main competitors are Zoetis' (ZTS +0.5%) Calf-Guard and Novartis' (NVS +0.2%) Bovine Ecolizer +C. All three products are used to treat ~3M calves per year or ~8% of the total calves born each year. First Defense's market share was ~25% in 2013 and is forecasted to grow to 28% this year.
- Mast Out: Nisin-based treatment for subclinical mastitis in lactating dairy cows (pending FDA approval). Mastitis costs the dairy industry ~$2B per year. The company states that the market potential for subclinical mastitis is difficult to assess because it is generally not treated due to the cost of discarding the milk (required). The company expects to revolutionize mastitis treatment by potentially eliminating the cost of discarding milk. It forecasts first year sales of ~$5.4M and ~$32M by the tenth year post launch at a SRP of $8.99 per dose.
Tue, May. 6, 10:41 AM
- Zoetis (ZTS +1.4%) Total revenue: $1.1B (+0.6%); Livestock: $706M (+0.4%); Companion Animal: $380M (+1.1%); Contract Manufacturing: $11M (unch); operating income: $362M (+9.4%); net income: $155M (+10.7%); EPS: $0.31 (+10.7%).
- 2014 guidance: revenue: $4.65B - 4.75B; COGS: ~35.5%; EPS: $1.15 - 1.21.
Tue, May. 6, 7:06 AM
Thu, Mar. 27, 10:26 AM
- The FDA reports that 25 of 26 animal drug manufacturers have voluntarily agreed to remove labeling for "growth promotion" in response to the agency's December guidance.
- The firms represent 99% of industry sales.
- The change will be implemented over the next 3 years.
- Antibiotics may still be used to treat, control and prevent disease but must be administered with a veterinarian's oversight.
- (ZTS) (NVS) (LLY) (BAYRY)
Wed, Mar. 26, 4:34 PM
Tue, Feb. 11, 7:57 AM
- Zoetis (ZTS) swings to a net profit of $105M from a loss of $10M a year earlier.
- The latest figure includes $75M for purchase accounting adjustments, acquisition-related costs and certain significant items.
- Revenue breakdown: U.S. +7% to $516M; EMEA +9% to $330M; Canada/Latin America +8% to $223M; Asia/Pacific +14% to $185M.
- Expects 2014 EPS of $1.48-1.54 vs consensus of $1.62 and revenues of $4.65-4.75B vs $4.77B. (PR)
Tue, Feb. 11, 7:03 AM
Tue, Feb. 11, 12:05 AM
Mon, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
Dec. 19, 2013, 8:40 AM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
ZTS vs. ETF Alternatives
Zoetis Inc discovers, develops, manufactures & commercializes animal health medicines & vaccines for livestock & companion animals. Its products include anti-infectives, vaccines, parasiticides, medicated feed additives & other pharmaceutical products.
Other News & PR