Tue, Feb. 10, 4:41 PM
- Zoetis (NYSE:ZTS) finalizes its purchase of Abbott's animal health assets for $255M. The integration of the business into its operations is expected to impact this year's performance as follows:
- Additional revenue: ~$75M; a negative impact on reported EPS of ($0.03); a positive impact of $0.01 on non-GAAP EPS.
- Previously: Zoetis buys Abbott's animal health business (Nov. 17, 2014)
Nov. 17, 2014, 9:16 AM
Nov. 11, 2014, 4:16 PM
- The presence of Pershing Square's Bill Ackman on the list of major investors in Zoetis (NYSE:ZTS) sends a clear signal that it may be an acquisition target by none other than Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE:VRX). A deal is not out of the question in light of its diminishing prospects of acquiring Allergan (NYSE:AGN) since Actavis (NYSE:ACT) joined the mix.
- In after hours trading, VRX is up a fraction and ZTS is unchanged, both on higher-than-normal volume.
- Previously: Zoetis jumps 6% on report of Ackman stake
Nov. 11, 2014, 3:48 PM
- Bill Ackman's Pershing Square has taken a ~$2B stake in Zoetis (NYSE:ZTS), and may push for a sale to a large drug maker like Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE:VRX), sources tell Dow Jones.
- The stake would amount to ~10% of Zoetis, and includes an investment by fellow hedge fund Sachem Head Capital Management.
- ZTS recently +7.2%.
- Related: Zoetis CEO Juan Alaix on Q3 2014 Results
ZTS vs. ETF Alternatives
Zoetis Inc discovers, develops, manufactures & commercializes animal health medicines & vaccines for livestock & companion animals. Its products include anti-infectives, vaccines, parasiticides, medicated feed additives & other pharmaceutical products.
Other News & PR