Simple guy with the idea to live as far below my means as possible. With that said i am 44 married with two kids and no debt. My goals are centered around my family and our future. Saving money is easy but learning to invest smart is difficult. I have been investing on my own for 2 years now and still have much to learn.
I am 90% a dividends and income investor with a focus on DGI strategy and long-term investments. The other 10%? I'm not afraid to take on risk owning shares in growth companies where I see much promise over the next 5-10 years.
Current holdings: CAFD, GAIN, MAIN, TCPC, GOOD, GLAD, OHI, O, T, FB, GOOG, NVCR.
"Investing is where you find a few great companies and then sit on your ass." ~Charlie Munger
"If you aren't willing to own a stock for ten years, don't even think about owning it for ten minutes." ~Warren Buffett
"It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price." ~Warren Buffett
"The idea of excessive diversification is madness. We don’t believe that widespread diversification will yield a good result. We believe almost all good investments will involve relatively low diversification. If you took our top fifteen decisions out, we’d have a pretty average record. It wasn’t hyperactivity, but a hell of a lot of patience. You stuck to your principles, and when opportunities came along, you pounced on them with vigor. Berkshire in it’s history has made money betting on sure things." ~ Charlie Munger
"The most powerful force in the universe is compound interest." ~ Albert Einstein
"The very attention we place on rising dividends puts us squarely in the position of 'owners' of a company, of true investors who understand that a satisfying and reasonable return from a stock investment isn't a gift of the market or luck or the consequence of listening to some market maven, but it is the logical and inevitable result of investing in a company that is actually doing well enough, in the real world, to both pay dividends and to increase them on a regular basis". ~ Lowell Miller
"Dividends may not be the only path for an individual investor's success, but if there's a better one, I have yet to find it" ~ Josh Peters