Wall Street Breakfast, Seeking Alpha's flagship daily business news summary, is a one-page summary that gives you a rapid overview of the day's key financial news. It's designed for easy readability on the site or by email (including on mobile devices), and is published before 7:00 AM ET every market day.
Wall Street Breakfast readership of over 900,000 includes many from the investment-banking and fund-management industries.
Sign up here to receive the Wall Street Breakfast in your inbox every business day: http://seekingalpha.com/account/email_preferences
Scott Grannis was Chief Economist from 1989 to 2007 at Western Asset Management Company, a Pasadena-based manager of fixed-income funds for institutional investors around the globe. He was a member of Western's Investment Strategy Committee, was responsible for developing the firm's domestic and international outlook, and provided consultation and advice on investment and asset allocation strategies to CFOs, Treasurers, and pension fund managers. He specialized in analysis of Federal Reserve policy and interest rate forecasting, and spearheaded the firm's research into Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (TIPS). Prior to joining Western Asset, he was Senior Economist at the Claremont Economics Institute, an economic forecasting and consulting service headed by John Rutledge, from 1980 to 1986. From 1986 to 1989, he was Principal at Leland O'Brien Rubinstein Associates, a financial services firm that specialized in sophisticated hedging strategies for institutional investors.
Visit his blog: Calafia Beach Pundit (http://scottgrannis.blogspot.com/)
MyPlanIQ.com is the only web application that offers advanced asset allocation strategies customized to a wide range of retirement and taxable investment plans such as 401(k), IRA and brokerage accounts. The unique key advantages of MyPlanIQ.com are
1. Superior investment strategies with high return and low risk
* Asset allocation based on a wide diversified array of assets
* Strategic and Tactical asset allocation that have been well researched, proven and utilized by hedge funds and wealth management
* Superior fund selection.
2. Customization down to specific retirement, variable annuity (VA), variable life insurance (VUL), college savings and brokerage taxable investment plans
* Supporting thousands of 401k, 403b, brokerage ETF/Mutual Fund, IRA, VA, VUL and 529 plans
* Taking redemption, fees and other factors into account for the available investment choices in a plan
* Customized portfolios tailored to available funds in a plan and personal risk profile.
3. An easy to use yet powerful platform
* Online portfolios monitored daily and regular rebalance email notification
* Easy yet powerful tools to allow portfolio construction and study
* A vibrant community to share and discuss investment issues
4. Low cost and flat fee
MyPlanIQ.com enables private investors to achieve institutional investment results and experience with a fraction of cost and efforts.
Dr. Mark J. Perry is a full professor of economics at the Flint campus of The University of Michigan, where he has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in economics and finance since 1996. Starting in the fall of 2009, Perry has also held a joint appointment as a scholar at The American Enterprise Institute. Perry holds two graduate degrees in economics (M.A. and Ph.D.) from George Mason University and in addition, and has an MBA degree in finance from The University of Minnesota. In addition to an active scholarly research agenda, Perry enjoys writing op-eds for a general audience on current economic issues and his opinion pieces have appeared in most major newspapers around the country, including USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Investor’s Business Daily, The Hill, Washington Examiner, Dallas Morning News, Sacramento Bee, Saint Paul Pioneer Press, Miami Herald, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Detroit News, Detroit Free Press and many others. Mark Perry has been best known in recent years as the creator and editor of one of the nation’s most popular economics blogs, Carpe Diem. Professor Perry has written on a daily basis since the fall of 2006 to share his thoughts, opinions and expertise on economic issues, with a strong emphasis on displaying economic data in a visually appealing way using graphs, charts and tables.