Seeking Alpha Portfolio App for iPad
Dividends & Income
I am a self directed investor and my goal is to grow income quarterly (measure it similar to chowder) and generate enough income from the portfolio over the next 15-20 years to sustain financial health, independence during my retirement and for my family.
I am transitioning from a no purpose/hope based investing, to a goal oriented long-term income and dividend growth investing using strong company fundamentals, growth and sustainability of earnings.
I plan to only invest in companies that are aligned with Shariah Investing Principles. At the end of the day, we must never forget, it is Allah' kingdom, he will give to who he wishes and does not give to those he does not wish, and there is nothing
anybody can do about it. In sha Allah (if Allah wills), with his mercy and blessings, I will continue to achieve financial independence by investing in great companies that consistently grow earnings over long time periods, pay and grow dividends, and buy back stock to reduce outstanding float.
I have developed a value oriented approach to investing, prefer to buy regular small investments, and look for opportunistic (similar to Buffet' approach - "We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.") investments when feasible or when the market provides opportunity.
I am not particular about the specific number of stocks. I just believe in buying strong businesses and monitor them using tools such as FastGraphs.
Even though I have come a long way in my investing career, I occasionally digress and make mistakes like buying some periodic duds...(ANR, WFT, MT) or not buy enough of the bargains (applies to all my holdings, hoping they will go down further), and I hope to continue to learn from my mistakes.
Beating S&P, DOW, Nasdaq Composite/100 indexes are a nice to have, but my focus is income and asset growth every quarter/year (vs previous yr) similar to Chowder, though I am not 100% there yet...
I pray to remain Disciplined, Patient and Humble all the time!
Similar to several of my SA Fav contributors, I hope to:
- Develop a business plan as David VK and Bob W have done
- Develop and execute on a mission statement as specific as Chowder
- Develop the discipline/temperament of David C
- Follow the simple/common sense investing attitude of Tim M
- Gain the investing wisdom of Chuck C
- Be generous as David F to help fellow SA DIY investors
- Develop the intelligent commenting abilities of Rich J, Paul L, Chowder, Chuck and others...
Of course my favorite site is Seeking Alpha and my favorite SA contributors are those I follow and I am grateful for all their contributions (articles, blogs, comments, real-time portfolio views, experience/wisdom and tools).
Since I am in my accumulation phase, I prefer down markets more than up markets...I have done reasonably well between 2010 and 2013 (and who hasn't, the market is on Steroids, reminds me of 2000 and 2007/2008). I can not wait to see how my portfolio performs and test my resolve in the next down market...
I have VERY SMALL positions in several companies all in accumulation phase as market permits increases:
- Consumer Staples: PG, PEP, GIS, KO, KRFT
- Materials: BBL, MOS, MON, POT, TROX, MT
- Energy: RDS.B, TOT, XOM, COP, ETP, LINE
- Healthcare: ABC, PFE, NVS, RHHBY, TEVA, BDX, JNJ, GSK
- Technology: CSCO, MSFT, INTC
- Industrials: EMR, ETN, DOV, ITW
- Insurance: AFL
- Utilities/Reits: EXC (sold MPW)
- Mutual Funds: AMANX, AMAGX
Watch List: CVX, BP, APA, OXY, KMP, KMI, ETE, MMP, EPD, PAA, APU, MIC, BIP, CMP, APD, AIR, CAT, DE, GE, GPC, MKC, IFF, V, MA, ADP, SO, AWK, UNH, FCX, KMB, CL, SJM, GWW, PCP, BAX, WLP, ARG, SNY, AZN, MRK
Important Points to Remember:
By Joshua Kennon
- "Wealth is a means not an ends"
- "Saving money is important. Investing money is important. But if you don’t cash in some chips at some point in your life, all of your efforts will have been wasted because those claim checks on society will be taken by the government, spent by your heirs, or redistributed through fees and expenses by professionals."
- "Your job is to live your life in a way that you maximize the total utility of the money that flows through your hands. Many people make the horrible mistake of believing that the goal is to simply make your net worth the largest figure possible. It’s not. Your goal should be to live a life that maximizes your personal happiness and utility, while maintaining the lifestyle you desire."
Full time investor.
Dividend stock ideas & income, REITs, Retirement savings, Stocks - long
Currently, there is no company profile for sameer syed.
Currently, there are no blog details for sameer syed.
Currently, there are no book details for sameer syed.
Chuck, thanks very much for...
Many Of My Dividend Growth Stocks Have Become O...
Jeff, thanks for an excelle...
A High-Yield, Low-Payout Dividend Growth Model ...
Dr Chuck, investment educat...
The Dividend Aristocrats: Where Have All The Ba...
Chuck, this is one of the b...
How To Properly Think About Stock Prices In Tod...
Dave, go-forward, may be yo...
Portfolio For Do It Yourselfers: The 2012 Updat...
The Opinion Leaders
Xignite quote data
© 2013 Seeking Alpha