Wall Street Breakfast, Seeking Alpha's flagship daily business news summary, is a one-page summary that gives you a rapid overview of the day's key financial news. It's designed for easy readability on the site or by email (including on mobile devices), and is published before 7:00 AM ET every market day.
Wall Street Breakfast readership of over 900,000 includes many from the investment-banking and fund-management industries.
Sign up here to receive the Wall Street Breakfast in your inbox every business day: http://seekingalpha.com/account/email_preferences
Netwall Investments, LLC (www.netwall.com) is a Chicago based money management firm. Our philosophy is derived from that of many legendary investors such as Warren Buffett, Peter Lynch & Martin Whitman; i.e. Invest in great businesses that you understand, that have an "economic moat" and which are run by great management teams; have some margin of safety and superior returns are guaranteed in the long run. These are the Ten rules that we religiously follow to manage other people's money:
1. I shall not lose money
2. I shall never forget rule #1
3. I shall only invest in businesses whose people I respect and admire
4. I shall only invest in businesses with some definite form of competitive advantage
5. I shall only invest when odds of making money are in my favor
6. I shall only commit funds when an investment is available at a discount to its true intrinsic value
7. I shall always run a portfolio with an in-depth understanding of each investment, thus avoiding mindless diversification
8. I shall always make rational decisions and never be influenced by the behavior of markets. I shall adhere to mantra, “Ignore the Crowd”
9. I shall tend to be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful (backed by meticulous research and fact finding)
10. I shall never forget that I am a custodian of other people’s hard earned money and I promise to manage it with the same zeal as if it were my own
Eric Parnell, CFA, is the Founder and Director of Gerring Capital Partners. Gerring Capital is a registered investment advisory firm seeking attractive returns opportunities emphasizing value, quality and risk control. Eric also publishes The Universal premium service on Seeking Alpha targeting winning strategies in bear and bull markets across the asset class universe. Gerring Capital implements these strategies for its investors and then Eric discusses them on The Universal. Eric is also a Visiting Instructor at Ursinus College in the Department of Business and Economics. Prior to founding Gerring in 2005, Eric was the Director of Investment Communications at SEI Investments and an Economist at Moody’s Analytics.