Seeking Alpha Portfolio App for iPad
Dividends & Income
This user currently has no profile.
I am an engineer from the first few years of Gen-X and began my interest in investing in my teens with a single share of stock (T) from my Bell System grandfather before the breakup. I am one of the fortunate few of my generation that will have access to a pension that will make up a good chunk of my retirement income. Ever since my first "real" job, I have tried to save some, tithe some, and spend some with the goal of being able to have a portfolio large enough to pay for my retirement independent of the pension or government support.
Most of my investments are in IRA, 403(b), and 401(k)--some of this money has limited choices, but some is available for individual stock purchases. My DGI portfolio
(PhoolsGold) contains a suite of stocks that fit with the beliefs I outline below.
PhoolsGold is mostly settled and currently contains: AAPL, ABBV, COP, CVX, GIS, INTC, JNJ, KO, LEG, LMT, MCD, MMM, MO, NWN, O, OHI, PG, SYY, T, TGT, WEC
The Beliefs of PhoolsGold
- I believe in the power of DGI and maintaining a portfolio of companies 1) that will eventually provide me a growing income in retirement, 2) that are good companies I know, use, interact with, and understand, 3) do not require continual care and feeding.
- I believe in purchasing DG stocks on David Fish's CCC lists (i.e. corporations with a commitment to paying and increasing dividends) and utilizing Chuck Carnevale's F.A.S.T. graphs.
- I believe in having a portfolio of DG stocks that has a dividend yield on average >3.5%.
- I believe in buying new positions that have a greater than 2.5% DY.
- I believe in stocks with consistent >6% DG in 1-, 3-, 5-, and 10-year historic views and with positive slopes in the DG.
- I believe in stocks with forward estimates suggesting that these dividends will continue to be raised consistently in the future.
- I believe in paying attention to my portfolio but not being too active.
- I believe in balancing the portfolio so that no one stock is more than twice the percentage of the portfolio than the "average" in PhoolsGold.
- I believe I am an investor not a trader. I believe that buying a company at a good price for the right reason and getting the DG machine rolling is just as important as trying to buy a company for the 'perfect' price.
- I believe in buying and reinvesting, but not in margins, options, puts, or calls.
- I believe in, when I can, choosing companies that are from regional areas important to me and that support their local communities.
- I believe in usually sticking to these rules.
- I believe that this is my approach. I believe that it will NOT be your approach. I believe in the old adage "Listen to everyone, but don't listen to anyone." I believe in carefully considering all the excellent advice on SA, but believe even more that I have to decide for myself what is right for me.
- I believe that my goal is to make sure that this Phool and his money are never parted.
Dividend stock ideas & income, Retirement savings
Currently, there is no company profile for unclephool.
Currently, there are no blog details for unclephool.
Currently, there are no book details for unclephool.
Thanks to the Wells Family ...
Total Dividend Return Will Guide My 2014 Invest...
PTI, thanks for the analysi...
The Champions, Contenders And Challengers List:...
Thanks for the analysis. I ...
Why Medtronic Could Double Its Dividend
"In my humble opinion,...
Whose Dividends Looks Best: Coca-Cola, PepsiCo,...
As an engineer, I like FAST...
Retirement Strategy: When Is The Perfect Time T...
The Opinion Leaders
Xignite quote data
© 2014 Seeking Alpha