Seeking Alpha
  • BuyToSell
    Anyone else getting destroyed on $VJET and $DDD?
    11/19/13
    Reply (30)
    • Keith_69: Any notion as to why the sell off ?
      11/19/13
    • weed: Not the best of days, but given the run up they've had, it's to be expected.
      11/19/13
    • djkidm: Bought $VJET @ $30 and am holding for the LONG term.... If it gets under $40 I will buy more :)
      11/19/13
    • BuyToSell: my best guess is that after Monday afternoon's panic sell-off, a LOT of people decided it would be better to take profits.
      11/19/13
    • BuyToSell: Once the sell-off starts and the price drops, other people who are threatened see a loss imminent too, and sell, causing a chain reaction
      11/19/13
    • BuyToSell: looks like she's finally bounced, thank goodness. i was beginning to think it would never find the bottom.
      11/19/13
    • Energysystems: Very interested in the 3D industry, watching from the sidelines right now. Don't know enough to begin to invest.
      11/19/13
    • djkidm: Probably some good buying opportunities this week. These stocks needed to cool off & let the traders take their profits. Long $VJET, $AMAVF
      11/19/13
    • BuyToSell: Here's a decent roundup of the leading publicly traded 3D printer companies in the market http://cnb.cx/1aEkNht
      11/19/13
    • Energysystems: Thanks for the link BTS.
      11/19/13
    • zeikette1: got out yesterday @ 79.50 orso. will be buying$DDD @ 65/67 maybe less.
      11/19/13
    • BuyToSell: smart. i tried for a short term play (which have been working well all week) and got caught up in today's massive sell-off. held on too long
      11/19/13
    • BuyToSell: problem now is, as they claw their way back up, all the ppl who bought high will be selling to get out, slowing the advance
      11/19/13
    • kaiwho: Should I sell all my DDD now?
      11/19/13
    • just read the instructions: Interesting. They just imploded without any significant activation energy. Congrats to the few ones that sold $VJET at $70.
      11/19/13
    • hotnutsjesus: If you take a look at recent articles about DDD, the sentiment has changed about how long the profits can be sustained.IMO articles are
      11/19/13
    • just read the instructions: @zeikette1: In what currency? Can't be $. the 52high is about 70.
      11/19/13
    • hotnutsjesus: for the most part unfounded. I am keeping my position with stops in place.
      11/19/13
    • mr.investor: i sold $DDD at 80. Personally I think the whole sector is overvalued. Will buy back in $DDD at under $50. Will buy $VJET under $40.
      11/19/13
    • StepUp: pull back to be expected after the big run up but $DDD is solid for the long run.
      11/19/13
    • landonarnold: I sold out mid drop, but waited long enough for it to hurt. If the bounce doesn't hold, I'll get back in mid 60s.
      11/19/13
    • True African-American: Bought 500 @ 68, sold 78. Too soon, but not.
      11/19/13
    • Musk Fanboy: Well, it already went up almost 100%. No complains.
      11/20/13
    • BuyToSell: I, sadly, bought back into both DDD and VJET after the big Monday market-wide selloff. Big mistake. In a world of pain now.
      11/20/13
    • landonarnold: What is your price point for getting back into $VJET?
      11/20/13
    • BuyToSell: can't say. it's in free fall now, with no seeming bottom in sight
      11/20/13
    • temenem: I share your pain. My target was to buy once it reaches 42, and I did, but...
      11/20/13
    • True African-American: Had a vjet sell order in 500 at $46, but made mistake of AON! ...now in the hole $2500. Pain! Had been playing short term $XONE and $VJET.
      Jan 21, 8:07 PM
    • True African-American: Had a vjet sell order in 500 at $46, but made mistake of AON! ...now in the hole $2500. Pain! Had been playing short term $XONE and $VJET.
      Jan 21, 8:08 PM
    • zeikette1: I think i may be a buyer (again) of $DDD, after I sold @ 79.30 a few month ago. and everybody told me "good bye" it will never happen , LOL.
      Feb 11, 7:06 AM