After 42 years in the construction industry as an IBEW inside wireman-electrician
I feel fortunate to have a pension. I value all the insight from the contributors
to this web site! With 300k in IRA's @Vanguard and 30k in joint acct,I hope to
attempt some trading and options also.
seeking alpha and advice
- Former FX trader
- Lawyer specialised in financial market law (presently in-house counsel at Squared Financial Services (FX broker-dealer)
- Actively manages family hedge fund
- Investment styles/techniques include arbitrage, value investing, volatility, term structure based on quantifiable objective mathematical models.
- As the libertarian that I am, I am always delighted to put my legal skills to work in helping people take full advantage of the law in order to protect their private property and avoid taxation, via offshore vehicles and various legal and financial montages.
- My mantra towards investing in financial markets: "predict nothing, just react"
I am projecting that the US govt is near insolvent and that we will be facing a new Bretton Woods currency agreement bringing gold back into the monetary system in combination with a sudden fiat currency devaluation (across the board-most currencies) against gold over a long weekend or an outright sovereign debt panic by 2020-2025. The least expected outcome double digit inflation is very likely sometime in the future. The Fed PRO-POVERTY policies are going to crush the poor, fixed pensioners and lower middle class since disposable income growth is limited. Beware middle class and retirees your purchasing power will drop dramatically when everyday necessities absorb a larger % of your income. To spread the word to the brainwashed American drones that this economy is one big illusion ponzi scheme and you are infact broke. Issuing more debt to solve a debt problem is crazy. I am accepting nominations for those that played a major positive and major negative impact on our economy. Inductees: The Hammer Hall of Fame Bill Black Brooksley Born David Walker Ron Paul Robert Rodriguez Peter Schiff David Stockman Janet Tavakoli John Bogle Elizabeth Warren Steve Wynn ============================== The Hammer Hall of Shame Ben MadMan Bernanke Lloyd Blankfein Bush II Jamie Diamond Shaun Donovan Barney Fwank Dick Fuld Alan "The Maestro" Greenspan Tim Geithner Paul king Krugman David Lereah Angelo Mozillo Obama The NAHB The NAR Henry Paulsen Nancy Pelosi Charles Prince Franklin Raines Robert Rubin David Stephens Larry Summers Bob Toll Maxine Waters Lawrence Yun