Layperson, average joe, serious more than a hobbyist investor in search of "quality". i find investing/swing trades an enjoyable mental exercise. "Self Taught?" NO FORMAL FINANCIAL EDUCATION, just lots and lots of reading and kicking over rocks to see what's underneath. My style is primarily fundamental/value 90% investment with life time horizon. The other 10% swing trading and/or cash leveraged hedging. Currently managing my brokerage account, a couple custodial, and a few retirement accounts. Picture is of my father and i, we go way back.