Seeking Alpha

Terry330

Terry330
Send Message
View as an RSS Feed
View Terry330's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest  |  Highest rated
  • Wal-Mart (WMT) reportedly plans to deny health insurance to new employees who work fewer than 30 hours/week. The policy change will use an Obamacare loophole to shift the costs of health insurance to the government. [View news story]
    WalMart is a solid Republican/Welfare company.
    Dec 1, 2012. 04:36 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More on the fiscal cliff talks: The President's opening bid - delivered this afternoon by Tim Geithner - calls for a $1.6T tax increase, a $50B economic-stimulus program, and delivering to the WH the power to raise the federal debt limit without congressional approval. It's a "step backward," says Mitch McConnell. It sounds more like what it's described as: An opening bid. [View news story]
    Raising taxes on top 2% will grow the ecomony and add millions of new jobs. Few people have the vision of President Obama.
    Nov 29, 2012. 06:33 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The president and Congress have heard the public's anger over the fiscal cliff impasse and will likely find a resolution, says Dennis Gartman. We're starting to see some Senators begin to cave on their "no new taxes" pledge; they understand how serious the circumstances are. The markets are already beginning to react positively to what's coming out of Washington, so any further progress could mean a strong rally for U.S. equities. (Video[View news story]
    I look for Republicans to hold 98% of American families hostage, only for the benefit of the top 2%. Republicans are not the party of wisdom or common sense, two lost national elections and money is on another lose in 2016.
    Nov 27, 2012. 08:19 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • French President Hollande says he discussed with ArcelorMittal (MT -2.3%) CEO Lakshmi Mittal "all options" regarding the fate of the embattled Florange steel plant in eastern France, including nationalization of the plant. The meeting was held as the row over MT's plan to shut two furnaces and related machinery at Florange has escalated[View news story]
    And France will not buy any steel from companies not in France, MT will loose.
    Nov 27, 2012. 06:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Senator Harry Reid gives a little buzzkill to the idea a brewing bill to legalize online poker will ever pass muster with the Senate to create a booming coast-to-coast industry. The Internet Poker Bill (history, text) lacks the support of Republicans, according to the Nevada lawmaker. [View news story]
    Harry did the right thing, GOP demands more tax cuts for top 1%, at the expense of the other 99%.
    Nov 27, 2012. 03:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A strong early start to the holiday shopping season looks to be a bright spot for the stock market, but both could soon stall if lawmakers don't make progress on the “fiscal cliff” when they return in the coming week. Despite the promises of congressional leaders and the President to reach a compromise, many on Wall Street are betting Washington will revert to its old self-destructive ways before any deal is reached - and that could easily upset the stock market, as well as holiday shoppers, particularly those at the high end. [View news story]
    A strong US economy from President Obama and crew, helps retail spending,jobs added each month, and lower gasoline prices.
    Nov 23, 2012. 09:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The latest fiscal cliff idea: a higher federal gas tax. State highway officials and industries that stand to benefit from increased highway spending such as road builders and heavy equipment makers are among those pressing lawmakers to raise the 18.4-cent-a-gallon federal gasoline tax as part of a broad agreement. It's just one of a grab bag of proposals various groups are trying to tuck into a deal. [View news story]
    Tax cuts will-do go to borrow trillions for more tax cuts for families with billions.
    Nov 23, 2012. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The latest fiscal cliff idea: a higher federal gas tax. State highway officials and industries that stand to benefit from increased highway spending such as road builders and heavy equipment makers are among those pressing lawmakers to raise the 18.4-cent-a-gallon federal gasoline tax as part of a broad agreement. It's just one of a grab bag of proposals various groups are trying to tuck into a deal. [View news story]
    Gasoline taxes are low, more money is needed to support new roads and improve drive times from A to B.
    Nov 23, 2012. 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The all-too-brief, conciliatory effort to find some middle-ground over the "fiscal cliff" issue may be disappearing in Washington already. Stalemate appears to be re-emerging over a big obstacle. Team Obama wants a gargantuan $1.6T tax hike and to eliminate a number of tax deductions over the next ten years in an effort to boost revenue and finance a bigger government. Spending cuts don't even appear on the radar at this juncture, which could well be a deal-breaker. [View news story]
    President Obama won the election by a landslide, now the Republicans must bow down to their victor.
    Nov 21, 2012. 08:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A bankruptcy judge has cleared the way for Hostess to begin its liquidation. Flowers Foods (FLO), a potential buyer for all or part of the assets, +4%[View news story]
    Just because the management at Hostess blames the union for their demise, doesn't make it so. Poor management is much more to blame for the demise of this company - that and the vulture capitalists that swooped in after the first bankruptcy and loaded it full of debt (taking a HUGE cut for the "improvements"). Meanwhile, the CEO got a 300% raise in the last year. Oh - and the company borrowed from the workers' pension fund. So - guess who's going to be on the hook for the pensions? The U.S. taxpayer. Don't blame BAKERS for what BANKERS do.
    Nov 21, 2012. 04:49 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A bankruptcy judge has cleared the way for Hostess to begin its liquidation. Flowers Foods (FLO), a potential buyer for all or part of the assets, +4%[View news story]
    CEO makes more in 1 year as workers make in 45 years, and pays less in taxes as a % in earnings.
    Nov 21, 2012. 04:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A bankruptcy judge has cleared the way for Hostess to begin its liquidation. Flowers Foods (FLO), a potential buyer for all or part of the assets, +4%[View news story]
    Comment: Hostess pay raises approved in late July.

    Brian Driscoll, CEO, around $750,000 to $2,550,000.
    Gary Wandschneider, EVP, $500,000 to $900,000.
    John Stewart, EVP, $400,000 to $700,000.
    David Loeser, EVP, $375,000 to $656,256.
    Kent Magill, EVP, $375,000 to $656,256.
    Richard Seban, EVP, $375,000 to $656,256.
    John Akeson, SVP, $300,000 to $480,000.
    Steven Birgfeld, SVP, $240,000 to $360,000.
    Martha Ross, SVP, $240,000 to $360,000.
    Rob Kissick, SVP, $182,000 to $273,008.

    Tthe real problem was top 1% greed.
    Nov 21, 2012. 03:52 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Washington hasn't been able to resolve the fiscal cliff because politicians "worship that great god of re-election and haven't been focused on what's right for the country," Erskine Bowles of Simpson-Bowles tells CNBC. Alan Simpson is pessimistic about a deal: "When you see the same statements that came up before the campaign come up after the campaign, you can’t be hopeful." [View news story]
    Republicans will hold middle class hostage,all for tax cuts for top 2%.
    Nov 15, 2012. 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Some experts just don't buy the IEA report predicting U.S. oil self-sufficiency. ITG's Manuj Nikhanj believes there's no way output alone would meet U.S. demand, which already stands at 19M bbl/day; Morningstar's David McColl says Canada wouldn't be able to completely fill the gap, and in any case new shale areas might need to be opened to achieve predicted growth rates. [View news story]
    I believe in President Obama, America's biggest problem is the GOP controlled congress. Oil and gas production in US is at a record high, just last month we learned about Mitt Romney's investment in the china oil company that is taking American jobs.
    Nov 12, 2012. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The fiscal cliff matters: Even if the financial consequences aren't that severe, Josh Brown argues the mere perception of falling off the cliff would seriously harm financial markets. But if the fiscal cliff actually gets fixed, Jamie Dimon thinks the U.S. economy would boom, since the top problem holding it back is the looming tax increases and spending cuts that would kick in at year-end. [View news story]
    GOP only plan is to protect their top 1% offshore bank accounts, they could care less about the other 99% of American families, look at the US under W. Bush, huge tax cuts and borrowing trillions for 10 year wars that only benefit the wealthy business owners and funeral business.
    Nov 10, 2012. 09:47 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
COMMENTS STATS
867 Comments
2,404 Likes