Founder and Lead Analyst at Lone Wolf Publications Ltd (www.lonewolftrader.com).
I also manage a private investment portfolio full time, and also provide mutual fund analysis and buy recommendations to individual investors managing their own investments.
I trade for myself via ETFs and futures markets, with interests in commodities generally and a special interest in precious metals.
I am an "extreme value" investor, focusing mostly on micro and nanocap companies selling for a steep discount to price/book, price/sales, EV/EBITDA and other traditional measures of value. (Price-to-book is my favorite.) My emphasis is on low priced stocks, since the marketplace is very inefficient in valuing them. I am a dyed-in-the-wool contrarian, and like to invest in the most unloved and out of favor sectors of the market, and numerically screen for the best relative values in those out of favor sectors. I like to buy companies where the insiders are buying in the open market, to "confirm" the underlying value proposition. I like to buy stocks trading near a multiyear low, and average down aggressively if the stock moves against me (assuming the circumstances for my purchase haven't changed.) I also like special situations, including selective leveraged turnaround situations, that I can catch at their "inflection" point. I have achieved outsized annualized returns, over the last 25 years, with these strategies. I also take 5%+ positions in companies, and engage in selective shareholder activism, to hold accountable the insular and/or corrupt boards that are sadly all too common, especially in smaller, "family run" public companies.
Some information about my investing:
* I have been investing my own money (and managing it myself) for over two decades now. I would never let anyone else manage my money and neither should you.
* My portfolio is structured as a "High Yield Strategic Income" portfolio. The portfolio has evolved over the past 20 years. I invest now only in Closed End Funds. I am now at the point in my investing journey that I look for maximum income generation. All distributions are reinvested.
* I make every attempt to tell my fellow investors what they "need" to hear, not what Wall Street and the main stream media think you "want" to hear.
* "Past performance definitely does not guarantee future results". With that said it amazes me that for most investors of dividend stocks, the best they can do is invest in all the same exact S&P company stocks by largest market cap.
* Educate yourself about what people really earn in this country:
Then ask yourself: "How is it possible most people the US can "appear" to be so wealthy?"
It is a starting point to cut through the deception that is the main stream media and Wall Street salespeople.
Also: Everyone no matter what age should watch "Money as Debt"
A personal note:
Our family are active charitable donors to
* The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
* St. Jude's Children's Hospital
* Ronald McDonald House
These institutions provide valuable services to children and veterans in need. I know this from personal experience. If you are able, please donate a little something every month to each of these organizations. Thank you.