President of Maniv Energy Capital, LLC Private investor, primarily in relatively early-stage companies, primarily in the energy and cleantech space. Advisory board member at Israel Cleantech Ventures. Board Member at Securing America's Future Energy and Electrification Coalition. Believer in transportation electrification as a policy and business proposition. Former member of the board at Better Place.
Founder and Chief Investment Officer: BlueStar Global Investors LLC, developer of the BlueStar Israel Global Index
Founder and Editor: IsraelStrategist.com
- Fulbright Scholar in Economics at National University of Singapore (1985-86)
- Floor Trader (Local) of Japanese Stock Index Futures on Singapore Exchange (1986-89)
- Developed the first Investable Emerging Market Index (IFC Investable Index) in 1993
- Structured pioneering Emerging Market Index Funds and ETFs (IFC/State Street, Barclays Global Investors and WEBS/iShares 1993 - 2003)
- Editor/Author - Active Index Investing (Wiley Finance 2004 - www.ActiveIndexInvesting.com )
- Chief Investment Officer, Global Quantitative Management - Northern Trust Global Investments (2004 - 2009)
I founded Seeking Alpha, and lead it for its first 10 years until I passed the CEO role to Eli Hoffmann. I started Seeking Alpha after working for five years as a technology research analyst for Morgan Stanley in New York. Seeking Alpha is now the dominant crowdsourced equity research platform.
I wrote the ETF Investment Guide (http://seekingalpha.com/article/15136-etf-investing-guide-one-page-summary-of-the-entire-guide), and I blog about startup best practices at http://davidjaxon.wordpress.com .
I have a B.A from Oxford University and an MSc from The London School of Economics, and am married with five children.