Seeking Alpha

zorrow

zorrow
Send Message
View as an RSS Feed
View zorrow's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest  |  Highest rated
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    I think SDRL is a stock best suited for the bold, savvy, speculator--but not for a retired income investor---despite the high yield.
    Sep 14 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    You'reright. Butinflation happens at different rates--depending on your personal needs. Education, housing, medical care, gas, etc.. My situation does,n't worry abut housing and education and gas. Health care big inflation threat for me. I'm not in accumulation phase--I'm in protection of income producing assets phase.
    ,
    I mentioned 75% in Treasuries--the other 25% is to buy inflatable comodity stocks--timber oil, gas---whatever is inflating.
    Sep 13 02:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    Laziness on my part--your critique is justified--my excuse is laziness to write more exposition.

    I would add that most retirees are not seeking alpha. Most retirees were depending on the worth of their primary residences--most got killed in this last debacle--and most have no stomach for individual stocks. Personally if 30 year treasuries hit 4%, then 75% of my money will go there.
    Sep 13 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    "But we had a treaty, Mr Ribbentrop"---great words for an epitaph or as an explanation for a large capital loss. Smell the coffee--see the handwriting.
    Sep 13 11:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    $1,000,000 to $3,000,000 net worth. Contrary to popular opinion(on this site) most retirees are not in the stock market, other than through mutual funds and such, to any great degree, and certainly not in a highbeta stock like SDRL.
    Sep 13 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    What will retirees do if SDRL misses one dividend payment, or reduces the dividend by even 10 %. See Book of Exodus.
    Sep 13 09:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    Israel? I believe the sanctions resulted from an invasion of the Ukraine. Syrian situation did not engender any coordinated sanctions from Western Europe.
    Sep 13 09:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    He Owned 45% last time I looked. When did he sell? I missed that. Where did you find that information?
    Sep 12 03:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    Suppose Putin is deposed tomorrow (internal coup)--What does SDRL pop to? $46?
    Then the crowd that bought a $24 sells--then what--$38. Its not worth the risk--there are better opportunities.
    Sep 12 02:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    Somewhere between the "greens" and the crazy right, there is a rational middle ground--maybe we will rediscover that place in the face of a common enemy.
    Sep 12 01:23 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    War whether hot or cold changes things.
    Sep 12 11:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    It is ironic to me that Fredericksen also controls GLNG--So if the US needs to do a Berlin Airlift of naturalgas to Europe--they might be using Fredericksen's ships.
    Sep 12 11:12 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill Angers EU With Rosneft Deal, New Sanctions May Hurt [View article]
    Frederikson reminds me of Onasis, except Onasis was smart enough to keep a country--and Greece protected him when he was at risk. When the chips are down does Frederickson call on the Cypriots or the Bermudans, or London snobs--to bail his interests out? See "Alcibiades"
    Sep 12 10:37 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Santander shares down after chairman dies [View news story]
    I sold--this was a great stock--may still be. But my rule is if the stock is tied to a charismatic leader--go to the sidelines--you can always buy it back when the dust settles.
    Sep 10 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seadrill's Results Stronger Than Headlines Claim And Reveal Strong Forward Growth Potential [View article]
    It went ex-dividend
    Sep 4 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
COMMENTS STATS
867 Comments
987 Likes