Seeking Alpha

losbronces

losbronces
Send Message
View as an RSS Feed
View losbronces' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest  |  Highest rated
  • Coming To Terms With Prospect Capital [View article]
    I looked at my 1099 from 2014, the bulk of the PSEC payments were nonqualified dividends (approximately 94% of the dividends paid). The other 6% were qualified dividends subject to the lower tax rate.
    Sep 3, 2015. 12:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coming To Terms With Prospect Capital [View article]
    Even AAPL went to $92 when that event occurred on August 24. It was so quick, I didn't even notice it happening. Thats what happens with computer algorithms doing the trading.
    Sep 3, 2015. 09:09 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VEREIT - A Major Buy From The New CEO [View article]
    The dividend has been reestablished: On August 5, 2015, the Company's Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.1375 per share for each of the third and fourth quarters of 2015, representing an annual distribution rate of $0.55 per share. The dividend will be paid on October 15, 2015 and January 15, 2016 to common stockholders of record as of September 30, 2015 and December 31, 2015, respectively. (that is copied straight from the press release on earnings).
    Aug 26, 2015. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy and LinnCo tumble; rumor swirls [View news story]
    We know the distribution will be suspended; so how much will that reduce Kolja Rockov's income? Probably a good move to hold off on the construction of the mansion.
    Aug 21, 2015. 12:15 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baytex Energy down 12.8% premarket; suspending dividend, cutting capex [View news story]
    The problem is that there isn't much reason to buy or hold them now. If its going to get worse (as they are implying), then its better to wait.
    Aug 21, 2015. 11:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Santander's Stock Price Has Disappointed, But Profits Haven't [View article]
    It could be their presence in Brazil that is hurting them. All Brazilian banking is down due the huge amount of politcal uncertainty in the country and to the declining economic activity. Brazil is 19% of their business (sourced from their own website).
    Aug 14, 2015. 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy CVR Refining LP - Price Dropping After Ex-Date [View article]
    Here is a link to a common formula used for 3-2-1 spreads: http://bit.ly/1Wm33zA

    One problem is that the product mix can vary and then you have the problem of tracking the selling prices accurately for all of the refined products.

    That is why you don't see this number available in real time imo.
    Aug 13, 2015. 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Buy CVR Refining LP - Price Dropping After Ex-Date [View article]
    Yes, you receive a K-1 even if you just trade it. If you make a profitable trade you will have capital gains taxes regardless even if its a C-corp.
    Aug 11, 2015. 02:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Northern Tier Energy misses by $0.04, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Its right in the press release: http://bit.ly/1gf7FXs
    Aug 6, 2015. 03:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chesapeake Energy - Preferred Shares Offer Appealing Opportunity [View article]
    CHKpD on Scottrade...
    Aug 6, 2015. 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Santander's Stock Price Has Disappointed, But Profits Haven't [View article]
    Not this time. No script for this next dividend. So we'll be paying the Spanish tax.
    Jul 30, 2015. 11:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Recommending A Riskier REIT [View article]
    BX is not a REIT; its an LLP and generates a K-1 for tax reporting. The rules are completely different compared to a REIT.
    Jun 23, 2015. 03:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hercules Technology Growth Capital: What Comes Next? [View article]
    Not yet, they just paid on May 18th. Here is a link to their investor relations (dividend history): http://bit.ly/1Na53VL
    Jun 19, 2015. 01:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Breakfast: European Shares Rise On Greek Hopes [View article]
    Unions are just another business that provides services. They will do what they can to show that their services add value to those subscribed to them and at the same time, they will look to expand their customer base. IMO, that is what drives their involvement in politics too.
    Jun 11, 2015. 10:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Breakfast: European Shares Rise On Greek Hopes [View article]
    Its a little more complicated than the 122 cases. People in South Korea are staying off the street and that does have an impact on the economy. Fear trumps reality once again.
    Jun 11, 2015. 10:15 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
COMMENTS STATS
804 Comments
1,299 Likes