Moving through the season's of life. In 2012 turn 54. I am now working for a internet cloud software service provider. Purchased first mutual fund in 1982, purchased first stock (Storage Tek) in 1981. Ecclessiates 11:2 extolls our investment philosophy, "Give portions to seven, yes to eight, for you do not know what disaster may come upon the land." My wife and I use the following methodology from Proverbs 13:11, "Dishonest money dwindles away, but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow." A word picture describing "Gunning for Growth" vs. Dividend Growth Investments. As we approach retirement, we no longer like the "use 4% of assets per year for living expenses" retirement strategy. We now expect to easily live into our 90s, something I never really considered while in my 30s and 40s. Our plan is to fund retirement completely through dividends. In our IRAs we will have dividends fund the RMD. Almost 90% of our investment dollars go to income producing stocks, the other 10% go toward growth. I invest in stocks that increase dividends to fending off the inevitable effects of inflation. For me, SA is an ever-filling pool of knowledge and I am a sponge.
Hi, my name is Dave. Retired Senior Manager after 35 years in Information Technology. Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, way back when. I'm managing my retirement dividend growth portfolio with an objective of higher than average current dividend yield coupled with annual dividend growth exceeding the long term rate of inflation. The goal is to use dividends to supplement my pension and Social Security income. I maintain a smaller,taxable growth oriented account to generate capital gains over the medium term to periodically refill a safe bank account for additional spending.
Mirko Consalvi (Founder and Owner of wikireturn.wordpress.com)
I am italian independent investor and living in Rome.
I have a strong interest in tactical strategies, and have developed quantitative investment methods through rigorous backtesting and numerical analysis.
Tail end baby boomer. Enjoy learning about investing. Lurking here for now since every question I have come up with has already been asked and answered, so I need to just keep reading and learning.
It's been quite a journey the past four years as I've learned about stocks, technical analysis, swing trading, dividend growth investing, and now options.
For 17 years, I home educated our children and tutored, while my husband supported the family. Once I worked myself out of that job, I had to decide what I should be when I grow up. Without a useful degree, my income is minimal, but I really enjoy my part-time jobs. I have used my jobs as a learning tool more than an income tool and they have been very profitable. I focus the rest of my time making my husband's income the most useful it can be, and managing our home. I enjoy playing with bookkeeping, finance, investments, taxes, and strive to be the best steward of all the resources (time, energy, health, family, money, stuff) we have.
The only purpose of my investing was to be able to afford to retire at a normal, reasonable age and hopefully to live off the dividends from those investments without needing to spend down the principal. As health concerns are forcing us to consider earlier retirement, the portfolio income may be needed at anytime. This does not worry me, it just changes the trajectory of the portfolio. I am very thankful for the gentle start into investing and am excited by what might happen in the future.
I’m so glad this website was recommended to me and I genuinely appreciate the contributors and their comments here and the growth that has happened through participation on the forum.
In case you're wondering about 'inzkeeper', I formerly managed an inn and the email moniker has stuck with me over the years.
born 9/2/1943 in detroit, michigan raised in belliville, michigan after graduating from belleville high school in june,1962 joined usmc left in 1967 as a sgt e-5 went to work at peterbilt motor co.in newark calif. as apprentice truck painter left in 1970 as journymaqn to work at alum rock cheese company later bought by beatrice cheese co. left that co. and bought a pizza parlor in ferndale wasington. owned for 10 years aftertripling sales i had a stroke and had sell, its hard to toss dough when paralized took the money from sale and started investing for income made lots of errors until i discovered dgi and seeking alpha