Seeking Alpha

stephenhandal

stephenhandal
Send Message
View as an RSS Feed
View stephenhandal's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest  |  Highest rated
  • The Latest On Amarin - How Will The Investment Pay Off? [View article]
    alright, thanks for your help Steve and I'm sure NCE and a BO will happen soon.
    Nov 18 10:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Latest On Amarin - How Will The Investment Pay Off? [View article]
    Alright, and lastly, why would TEVA be interested in Amarin - I thought they did generics... And are TEVA and AZN separately bidding or are they both going to make a bid together?
    Nov 18 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Latest On Amarin - How Will The Investment Pay Off? [View article]
    Steve, do you have any sources who can confirm what the response letter is about or if Amarin has already received NCE on the scientific side and is just waiting on the legal aspect?
    Nov 18 08:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Latest On Amarin - How Will The Investment Pay Off? [View article]
    Yeah, anyone know why? Isn't that odd?
    Nov 18 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Latest On Amarin - How Will The Investment Pay Off? [View article]
    I know haha. $14 to 17... That's a joke, especially when Pfizer offer something in the $15 to 20 range back in 2011. They now have AMR-101 AKA Vascepa approved, several patents, including the all important '889, plus an upcoming likely decision on NCE and many more positives for their company including REDUCE-IT and the ANCHOR, which in my opinion everyone forgets about. ANCHOR can easily push an Amarin buyout over $40. They just need this NCE thing to be done with and you would think that pharma companies would snap up Amarin cheaply now around $30-35 per share. When ANCHOR is approved, Joe is going to want something closer to 50.
    Nov 17 01:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Latest On Amarin - How Will The Investment Pay Off? [View article]
    Shane, I'd recommend shorting Amarin then and see where that gets you in a month... Good luck
    Nov 17 12:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Latest On Amarin - How Will The Investment Pay Off? [View article]
    interesting, but you would think if this NCE decision has already been dragged out for 3 or 4 months, that people working at the FDA would just go along with the decision of the majority. Plus, I think Dr. Marvin Goldenberg's article was very telling. I just hope it gets given to Amarin soon
    Nov 16 10:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Latest On Amarin - How Will The Investment Pay Off? [View article]
    @janedowe No way is $15-20 happening.
    Nov 16 10:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Latest On Amarin - How Will The Investment Pay Off? [View article]
    Yazz, you are funny. I agree with what you're saying. I am still optimistic though as the FDA response letter still has not been released yet. It could possibly come before the next OB update. Plus, we have this new TEVA BO speculation
    Nov 16 10:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Latest On Amarin - How Will The Investment Pay Off? [View article]
    I love how everyone is saying $25 BO with NCE and such... Not going to happen. Amarin with their ANCHOR indication is well worth in the 8 to 10 billion range. You CANNOT judge a buyout based on the current stock price. It is totally irrelevant. It has been due to manipulation and stagnation primarily as a result of NCE. If NCE is granted, then easily a BO at least around $32 which is 6 billion. Joe will not sell for less, period. Why? Because, if he goes alone, he knows he can easily achieve double 6 billion, 12 billion in a few years... If no NCE, BO is still likely, but probably around $28.
    Nov 14 07:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Conflicting Trading Activity On Amarin As Catalysts Approach [View article]
    This NCE thing is crazy. Any thoughts on the FDA Draft Response Letter? I have looked at previous cases and for the most part these letters have been negative, except for a few.
    Nov 12 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Conflicting Trading Activity On Amarin As Catalysts Approach [View article]
    Yazz, but if NCE is granted, easily $16 or $17 and that would be a 100-120% premium, which is very reasonable considering ANCHOR has not been really factored in. With ANCHOR fair enterprise value was $78.
    Nov 12 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Conflicting Trading Activity On Amarin As Catalysts Approach [View article]
    Yeah, I ultimately think the likeliest scenario is the following: Amarin receives NCE this month either on Friday or Monday and the BO offers are finalized within the next few weeks. Pfizer or AZN will ultimately end up buying Amarin for around $35-40. I don't think Joe wants to sell for below $32, which is about $6 billion.
    Nov 12 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Conflicting Trading Activity On Amarin As Catalysts Approach [View article]
    What are you thinking about BO price with and without NCE? I mean, who knows about the NCE.... I just think Dr. Marvin Goldenberg made the argument plain and simple with why Amarin should get NCE. It was straightforward and objective.
    Nov 12 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Conflicting Trading Activity On Amarin As Catalysts Approach [View article]
    I disagree with you @yazzbro on NCE. Read this

    http://bit.ly/UDbMuu

    Ultimately in this case what happened is the FDA wasn't able to determine the active moiety in a previously approved drug, which was similar to vitrase, and vitrase ultimately got NCE because the FDA could not determine what the active moiety was in the previously approved drug (and in our case Lovaza). I don't think the FDA really has a clear understanding of if EPA is the active moiety or if EPA and DHA work in combination. So, IF the FDA stays consistent with previous decisions like this one, Amarin no doubt deserves it.
    Nov 12 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
COMMENTS STATS
187 Comments
86 Likes