Seeking Alpha

spinrbait

spinrbait
Send Message
View as an RSS Feed
View spinrbait's Comments BY TICKER:
AT, BAC, BBT, BP, COP, CVX, DIA, DUK, ED, EIX, EXC, FE, GE, JPM, KMI, KMP, KO, MMLP, PEP, POT, PPL, RDS.A, RDS.B, SO, T, TGT, TOT, WEC, WFC, WIN, WMT, XOM
Latest  |  Highest rated
  • Kinder Morgan: The Sharks Have Begun To Circle [View article]
    the defense budget is not a subsidy to oil. its a subsidy to the safety and way of life in America and the world.

    but the whole point was solar couldn't survive without subsidies. then a comment said oil got subsidies too. so as an investment, take away all subsidies and forgive all taxes on solar and oil. then see what is left standing.
    Apr 20, 2015. 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP's Gulf of Mexico cleanup going better than expected, Bloomberg reports [View news story]
    Does anyone know who that oil rig was owned by that began leaking in 2004.
    Apr 16, 2015. 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More on Shell / BG Group: Shell offering a 52% premium [View news story]
    if you are a bg shareholder, you are going to get .44 of a shell b share, for every bg share you own. plus some cash. if you are a shell b share owner, you get to have the shares you currently own become a smaller peace of the pie.
    Apr 12, 2015. 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon could be next in line for oil mega-deal, Morgan Stanley says [View news story]
    shell is issuing new stock and giving that to BG shareholders in lieu of all cash. shell is issuing an amount of new stock equal to 8% of the outstanding shares. the day after shell made the announcement they were going to purchase BG, and dilute the stock (opposite of buying back shares), the stock price went from 66.00 a share to 60.00 a share. meanwhile BG stock rose 26% in the pre market.
    so i am saying if xom announces an acquisition of a meaningful company, they may issue more stock to pay for the purchase, thus diluting xom shares. the stock price will nose dive. so if you think xom is about to purchase something for example like BP, be prepared to lose 10% of the value of your stock in one day.
    its just a warning, at least don't buy anymore xom until after an acquisition is made.
    Apr 11, 2015. 07:53 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon could be next in line for oil mega-deal, Morgan Stanley says [View news story]
    as an investor of rds, b shares, xom shareholders better sell now. shell is paying most of their acuisition costs by issuing about 8% more new stock. you will lose 10% of your xom value as soon as an announcement is made. 1
    Apr 10, 2015. 07:45 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Royal Dutch Shell And BG Deal In Focus [View article]
    i seem to be the only one aggrivated that they are diluting b shares by 8% to pay for much of the purchase. but not A shares. how is that fair to people who paid 66.00 dollars a share for rds.b the day before the deal was announced. its just not ok to say people will make it up 2 or 3 years from now. a share holders should shoulder the burden too.
    Apr 10, 2015. 02:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil Vs. BP [View article]
    i appreciate the info, and hard work that went into both this article and the bp article
    Apr 10, 2015. 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Prefer Kinder Morgan Over Enterprise Products Partners [View article]
    i like kmi because its not an mlp. i don't want to deal with the tax differentials. just give me a c corp and be done with it.
    that aside, i have always been partial to paa. what do y'all think about them?
    Apr 10, 2015. 01:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Royal Dutch Shell - I Have Serious Doubts About The British Gas Deal [View article]
    what ticks me off, is i have been a shareholder rds.b for all of 3 months. now i wake up in the morning to find out the deal is being financed with b shares only. i have read shell is diluting the b shares by 8%. i went into shell because i was worried bp was going to get stabbed in the back. i never thought my own company would stab me like shell did.
    that said, if this is what happens to share prices after the predicted mega mergers come to fruition, shell is the safest place to be. i guess if xom buys something their share price will fall to 76.00
    Apr 10, 2015. 10:08 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gabon considering as much as $100M in back tax penalties against Shell [View news story]
    heck, they are throwing out billions in rds.b shares to bg, diluting the b shares by about 8%. just throw in a 100 million more b shares to gabon. come on rds, you can put the screws to us a little more.
    Apr 9, 2015. 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shell-BG to create giant operator of LNG ships; GasLog, Teekay could benefit [View news story]
    maybe shell can just trade some b shares for shipping. they sure put the screws to b share owners in the bg deal.
    Apr 9, 2015. 03:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Go Long Royal Dutch Shell [View article]
    current b share holders are already paying the price. bg is going to be paid in b shares, which is going to dilute the b shares by about 8% from what i have read.
    Apr 9, 2015. 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Leap Secured Options Writing - The Ultimate Safe Investment Strategy [View article]
    serge
    so you are saying this strategy is primarily used with spy, because the option spreads work in your favor better because of the consistency of premiums on the call vs put sides?
    i trade weekly options every week. but i have never even looked at spy options.
    thanks
    Apr 9, 2015. 09:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP: Default Probabilities Have Risen And The Implied Rating Is At Its Lowest Level In A Decade [View article]
    i am new to this way of looking at bonds. i do hold a large portion of munis in my portfolio.
    are you saying that bp corporate 10 year bonds have a 2.3% chance of default? conversly a 97.7% chance they don't default? or does it not work that way.?
    also, do you know how much it costs to insure bp bonds vs exxon bonds?
    one more request. could you post a current yield of an exxon bond and a bp bond?
    thanks for any help
    Apr 9, 2015. 08:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Royal Dutch Shell, BG Group Mega Merger To Concentrate Quality Assets After Divestitures And Buyback [View article]
    and to think, i bought rds.b because i was worried about BP, lol.
    Apr 9, 2015. 08:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
COMMENTS STATS
463 Comments
350 Likes