Seeking Alpha

move4ward

move4ward
Send Message
View as an RSS Feed
View move4ward's Comments BY TICKER:
F, MU, SPY, TVIX, UNG, XHB, Z
Latest  |  Highest rated
  • ECRI: Double-Dip Worries 'Unfounded' [View article]
    How do they spin a chart that's pointing down in the most recent measurements instead of going up?

    The ECRI chart clearly shows declining growth from a peak of about 28% down to 13%.

    It looks like a double dip to me and will be even worse when the housing tax credit expires.
    Mar 19 11:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mortgage Debt as a Percentage of Consumer Credit: Welcome to Hell [View article]
    You are 2 years too late on the housing bubble.
    Mar 15 07:45 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Feb. Retail Sales: +0.3% vs. -0.3% expected, +0.1% in January (revised from +0.5%). Ex-auto +0.8% vs. +0.1% expected, +0.6% prior.  [View news story]
    Chargeoffs on debt that wasn't being paid anyway.
    Mar 13 06:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Grip on Consumer Credit Finally Loosens [View article]
    The government portion is Sallie Mae. I wouldn't count down as consumer spending(goods and services) that would drive the economy forward. It should be excluded,

    The increase in non-revolving debt is from banks.
    www.federalreserve.gov...
    www.federalreserve.gov.../
    Mar 5 10:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Normalized Employment: The Real Employment Story [View article]
    Are the graphs normalized for retired , disabled or people over 60?
    Mar 4 07:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Unemployment: It's Worse than It Looks [View article]
    You just provided $600k of income to several other employees and companies. The workers who designed it, the production workers who assembled it. You are also supporing the bookkeeper, management, financers supporting that company. If we move back in the supply chain, there are the parts makers. Then, if you move further back, there are the raw material suppliers. It's put you right back with capital spending for the factories that build the equipment to supply the companies to procure the raw materials. It's a vicious loop of employment. Those 4 workers get a job at one of the companies in the supply chain.
    Feb 6 05:50 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Factory Orders Continue Steady Rise [View article]
    RyanClarke,

    You can go here for the absolute level. www.census.gov/manufac...

    The absolute level of factory orders is comparable to 2004 and 2005, when the unemployment rate was making a strong recovery from the previous recession.
    Feb 5 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Initial Jobless Claims: A Change in the Trend? [View article]
    It has gone down by 300k. The non-adjusted claims was 900k in January 2009.
    Feb 5 12:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. GDP Up 5.7%, Fastest Rate Since 2003 [View article]
    Foreclosures are at a record high. There is a large shadow inventory. Housing turned south in 2007 and hasn't turned around at all.
    Jan 31 08:10 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should the U.S. Expand Its Nuclear Power Capacity? [View article]
    Obama and Chu are working on nuclear expansion. 22 environmental groups have asked Chu to suspend the federal loan guarantees for the EPR reactors in Fresno CA. Chu isn't budging.
    Jan 25 10:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sliding Back into the Great Recession [View article]
    The data and the quoted information for the Philly survey is 2 years old, when the recession was first starting.

    You are showing the Philly survey from January 2008 and are linking the January 2008 PDF as January 2010.

    The January 2010 shows an increase in new orders and unfilled orders.

    www.phil.frb.org/resea...

    The introduction is below.
    ----------------------
    The region’s manufacturing sector continues
    to show improvement, according to firms polled
    for this month’s Business Outlook Survey. Indexes
    for general activity, new orders, and shipments
    all remained positive this month, although each
    fell back somewhat from their revised readings
    in December. Also indicative of improvement,
    for the second consecutive month, the percentage
    of firms reporting increases in employment was
    higher than the percentage reporting declines.
    Overall, expectations improved in January, and
    firms remain generally optimistic about growth
    over the next six months.
    Jan 24 10:32 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Extended Unemployment and the True Jobless Figure [View article]
    Archman,

    Are you in the top 10% that controls everything? Wouldn't that mean you are in the same boat as the other 90%?

    I believe in the gist of what you are saying, but is there a 3rd choice?

    From your post, it sounds like you are not in the 90% of people being controlled by the other 10%. However, you seem to have a strong distaste for the 10% that controls everything, so you don't seem to be apart of that group either.

    This would leave an unspoken 3rd option.


    On Dec 31 12:15 PM Archman Investor wrote:

    > Everyone needs to wake up and understand the "plan" of that 10% that
    > controls 90% of this country's net worth:
    >
    > 1) To make a very large portion of our country completely reliant
    > on the government and powers that be. Why? It is very easy to control
    > people when they rely on you for their very well being. Why do you
    > think that WalMart is the country's largest employer? You have the
    > majority of the population completely brainwashed in to believing:
    > Gee, if i have an I-phone and a Facebook page and "look" important,
    > then by God I must "be" important then. Guess what average Americans:
    > Wrong! You are still just as broke, just as meaningless as you were
    > before, no matter how many reality shows you get on. The only difference
    > is you have been brainwashed into believing that you mean something.
    >
    >
    > 2) This massive dependence on government by a very large portion
    > of the population, will then be paid for by raping those who remain
    > even harder and longer, until everyone submits to those who run the
    > show.
    >
    > As I have said before and will say again. Americans in the future
    > only have 2 choices and 2 alone. You are either going to figure out
    > how to be in that 10% that controls everything or you are going to
    > be nothing more than a serf.
    >
    > www.compdivplan.com
    Jan 1 04:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Labor Market Turns a Corner: New Jobless Claims Fall to 18 Month Low [View article]
    The non-seasonally adjusted numbers are actually much higher.

    There were 557,155 nsa initial claims and a drop of 8,088 from the previous week. That's a crazy adjustment of 22% and 125k between the seasonally adjust and non-seasonally adjusted numbers. There was no meaningful drop in initial claims.

    www.dol.gov/opa/media/...
    Dec 31 07:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Think the U.S. Economy Is Headed Toward Inflation? Think Again [View article]
    Most imported goods come from China. The value of the dollar vs the yuan is still the same as last year. As the demand for energy increases, OPEC will raise the artificially low limits on the member nations. Many of these countries can't wait to get the revenue, because oil usually accounts for most of their revenue.


    On Nov 26 09:06 AM logicalthought wrote:

    > >>To have high inflation in this country... Either we need to have
    > rising wages... or... some external shock invalidating the profit
    > expectations of firms, leading them to raise prices.<<
    >
    > What about a declining dollar leading to higher dollar-denominated
    > commodity prices, thus raising food, energy and raw material costs
    > for the U.S. consumer while-- as the author states-- the high unemployment
    > level simultaneously holds down wages? This is a recipe for stagflation
    > and, as I posted elsewhere a week or so ago, could soon bring back
    > that relic from the 1970s known as the "Misery Index":
    > en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
    Nov 26 10:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
COMMENTS STATS
74 Comments
64 Likes