Disclaimer and disclosure: It is probable that the author and his associates have a position in the subject securities consistent with the opinion expressed in this article and they reserve the right to buy and/or sell the securities mentioned in this article, at any time without further notice. Zorro Trades attempts to utilize fundamental analysis to identify securities and then gain an idea of when to enter said security via technical analysis.
PhD scientist with background in regulatory medical writing (MW) and drug product development, and a strong publication record—an unusual combination of MW expertise, analytical skills, management experience, medical knowledge. Experienced in all phases of drug, biologic, and medical device product development:
• ICH-compliant regulatory submissions (INDs, NDAs, sNDAs, BLAs, sBLAs, 6 eCTDs, and 2 combination drug/device submissions), clinical study protocols, amendments, clinical study reports (CSRs), serious adverse event (SAE) narratives, investigator brochures (IBs), process development/CMC documents, manuscripts, brochures, SOPs
• Clinical writing: oncology; neurology; infectious diseases; immunology, allergy, and inflammation; cardiology; ophthalmology; drug, biologic, and medical device manufacturing (CMC); and more. Examples: age-related macular degeneration (AMD), analgesia, anemia, atherosclerosis, chronic granulomatous disease (CGD), chronic kidney disease (CKD), congestive heart failure (CHF), coronary artery disease (CAD), Crohn’s disease, glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), hepatitis B and C virus, HIV, infant epilepsy, influenza virus, multiple sclerosis (MS), multiple myeloma, non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC), pancreatic cancer, phenylketonuria (PKU), renal failure, squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)
• Headed MW groups at 5 companies; staffed, trained, mentored, managed writers. Implemented QC; MW project management
• Drug, biologic, medical device product development (discovery and preclinical to clinical research, postmarketing, process development, manufacturing)
• CMC/process development MW and lab experience
Accomplishments: (1) Led MW team in developing an NDA/eCTD submission for Kyprolis (carfilzomib), approved in July 2012; (2) Major MW on Betaseron sBLA team (FDA approved).
Academic: PhD: medical microbiology & immunology; postdoctoral research: infectious diseases.
Publications: Medical articles, book chapters, newsletters, web content.
I am a long time buy-and-hold investor from Cleveland, Ohio, with approximately 6 years investing experience.
I primarily target Value stocks, but on occasion am open to "growth at a reasonable price."
Ideally I prefer to invest in Mid-Cap stocks over large-cap or small-cap.
I believe the two best sectors to invest in during the next two decades will be Health Care for growth and Financials for value.
I tend to ignore the opinions of hedge-fund managers or so-called "experts"....rather, my investment philosophy values the opinion of simple minds that come from humble backgrounds.
I am always on a look-out for secular trends; I look for companies that benefit from aging baby boomers, rising interest rates, organic eating, and increased adoption of electronic payment systems.
I tend to pay more attention to a company's qualitative aspects rather than quantitative.
My top 10 stock holdings:
1. PayPal (PYPL)
2. Opko Health (OPK)
3. Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B)
4. Markel Corp (MKL)
5. Canadian National Railway (CNI)
6. U.S. Bancorp (USB)
7. Visa (V)
8. Wells Fargo (WFC)
9. CVS Health Corp (CVS)
10. WhiteWave Foods (WWAV)